Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

some warm days aren't going to hurt the snows as long as you don't try to drive like your on performance tires.  glad people are thinking of them now- just tossed the ones from my sons jeep on FB marketplace to try to get them gone.  I've been walking around the house snapping pics of everything i don't use and listing it for sale.  Wondering how much i can get for the wife :dunno: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

some warm days aren't going to hurt the snows as long as you don't try to drive like your on performance tires.  glad people are thinking of them now- just tossed the ones from my sons jeep on FB marketplace to try to get them gone.  I've been walking around the house snapping pics of everything i don't use and listing it for sale.  Wondering how much i can get for the wife :dunno: 

All 3 vehicles are mainly city vehicles now that summer is over so none of them will be seeing a lot of driving. Hot pavement is hard on them but I think the chances of seeing any hot pavement from this point on are very slim. 

2 hours ago, jammin said:

Morning-

34 / 26.  No lake ice with water temp around 43 yet.  Time for another coffee.  And :bigfinger: to @SSFB @ckf @Mileage Psychoand top fan @Anler

Long time no chat...how's it going?

1 hour ago, irv said:

Chilly morning here at 0 degrees c but it's sunny and fairly calm out. 

With the long range looking pretty steady and on the cool/cold side I think I am going to put the snow tires on. Seems early to me but better safe than sorry.

Anyone else have their's on already? I have 3 vehicles to do but hope to get at least 2 done today? 

They are calling for a chance of snow here later this week.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I thought she was priceless :dunno:

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

it may have been...."it's cheaper to keep her"  ??????

True but, some things are truly worth the expense.  Call it, “buying out of drama”.  How many years might that add to one’s life?

:whistle:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Long time no chat...how's it going?

They are calling for a chance of snow here later this week.

I thought she was priceless :dunno:

Well, it started out nice and sunny and just when I was going to start on my wife's car, it clouded over with a bit of wet snow/rain. It didn't last long but it has been gray and dreary ever since.

I managed to finish my wife's car but I was near froze to death despite having long johns on underneath a sweater and coveralls. 2 down one to go but I am in no hurry with my truck's tires. I need to wash and wax both my son's and wife's rims then stow them away before I get mine out. Lack of room/space is a pia! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I picked it up tonight and I'm still giddy. It was the biggest investment of my life so far and I couldn't be more happy with it

Toyota’s have been the best vehicles I’ve ever owned.  And, not just by a little.  It’s not even a contest.  Stupid good vehicles.

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Toyota’s have been the best vehicles I’ve ever owned.  And, not just by a little.  It’s not even a contest.  Stupid good vehicles.

Oh boy, if Ford Boy Jay sees this it's gonna be chiclet time for you. :lol:

• Haha 1

Cloudy, dreary day here so far but is suppose to clear a bit? I've got one more vehicle (my own) to put snowy's on then I am done. Calling for a possible 1 to 3 cm's Thursday so I think I made the right decision to put them on.

My wife's and son's wheels are all washed and waxed and ready to go away. Just have to do mine but with a bit of hard to see over spray on the 2 front ones, it may take a bit.

I am thinking of using a clay bar or some mineral spirits to remove it but I guess it will be a trial and error type thing first to see what works best? The wheels are just those cheap plastic chrome covers, not the real deal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning! The bright side to today is it hasn't started raining yet. 

Only a 30% chance of rain here but by the looks of things outside right now, I'd say we are getting some sooner rather than later. This weather site isn't showing snow Thursday like CP 24's is so who knows what we are going to get?

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-117_metric_e.html