Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

3 minutes ago, irv said:

Only a 30% chance of rain here but by the looks of things outside right now, I'd say we are getting some sooner rather than later. This weather site isn't showing snow Thursday like CP 24's is so who knows what we are going to get?

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-117_metric_e.html

It's a crappy time of year with all the bare trees,rain/snow mix and trying to clean up around here. The bright side I've got the boat covered,sled polished,garage arranged somewhat with the snowblower,sxs and sled in there. I've got 3 big white pines that were taken down and started limbing them for my buddy that's gonna cut them,haul away and mill at his place. I'm clearing a big area around and might put up a 10x20 shed but not sure yet. A man cant have enough sheds lol

20190921_080914.jpg

12 minutes ago, smokin george said:

It's a crappy time of year with all the bare trees,rain/snow mix and trying to clean up around here. The bright side I've got the boat covered,sled polished,garage arranged somewhat with the snowblower,sxs and sled in there. I've got 3 big white pines that were taken down and started limbing them for my buddy that's gonna cut them,haul away and mill at his place. I'm clearing a big area around and might put up a 10x20 shed but not sure yet. A man cant have enough sheds lol

I've got lots done as well, George, but to say the weather hasn't delayed me, would be an understatement. Also, with my son attending college every day at all hours and working quite a bit, including this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I never get started as early as I want to. Like right now, he is still sleeping, but if he wasn't, I would be out there putting my snowy's on as we speak. 

I still have more leaves to rake/mulch up as well and my neighbor's tree still has over half left just waiting to drop on my yard. It seems the work never ends but I much prefer this compared to waking at 5am to go into a shit hole for 10 hours a day! :bc:

• Like 1

21 here and light snow.  They fired up the snow cannons for the SX kick off yesterday.  Temps have been great and freezing things up nicely.  I was able to shuffle out on the pond yesterday.  Not real thick but a couple/three of inches for sure. My dogs decided to follow me and it started to crack. We all scooted the fuck off.  :lol:

334B5D30-B71F-4FE2-BF25-3418A62C1219.jpeg

01EB2B5A-154E-4A29-A5AA-0C87C5307E46.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

and 33 to start the day here

WTF?  I noticed Keene was in the 20's at 5AM when I watched the local weather, It was 36 here at the time.

24 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

21 here and light snow.  They fired up the snow cannons for the SX kick off yesterday.  Temps have been great and freezing things up nicely.  I was able to shuffle out on the pond yesterday.  Not real thick but a couple/three of inches for sure. My dogs decided to follow me and it started to crack. We all scooted the fuck off.  :lol:

01EB2B5A-154E-4A29-A5AA-0C87C5307E46.jpeg

Been there, done that. When I was VP of my local chamber of commerce in NH we hosted an Eastcoast SnoX event.  I think the chamber had like 10k in snow making costs. I sat there on 2 different nights baby sitting the snow guns. What a PIA, lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

WTF?  I noticed Keene was in the 20's at 5AM when I watched the local weather, It was 36 here at the time.

Been there, done that. When I was VP of my local chamber of commerce in NH we hosted an Eastcoast SnoX event.  I think the chamber had like 10k in snow making costs. I sat there on 2 different nights baby sitting the snow guns. What a PIA, lol. 

Temps haven’t really cooperated the last couple of years forcing them to make snow only a week or so out.  They’ll have plenty of the white gold now.  

A couple years ago, they configured the pumps to pull directly from the St. Louis river so, hydro costs have gone down considerably.  It’s got a slight “tinge” to the snow though.

”hydro”....did that for our Nook friends.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Temps haven’t really cooperated the last couple of years forcing them to make snow only a week or so out.  They’ll have plenty of the white gold now.  

A couple years ago, they configured the pumps to pull directly from the St. Louis river so, hydro costs have gone down considerably.  It’s got a slight “tinge” to the snow though.

”hydro”....did that for our Nook friends.  :lol:

We were pulling out of a river too. I think we had like 5 or 6 grand just in the generator rental to power the guns.

Just now, ckf said:

We were pulling out of a river too. I think we had like 5 or 6 grand just in the generator rental to power the guns.

This is at a ski resort so, machines are paid for.  

What’s funny is, this event is the largest, most lucrative draw for the resort all year....and those fucking granolas hate us for it.  It’s funny when we pretty much take over their locker and ski rental areas and disregard all their “Employees Only” signs as we traipse around like we own the place for the weekend (because we do).  They do all kinds of childish shit to try to piss us off....sometimes it works!  :lmao:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is at a ski resort so, machines are paid for.  

What’s funny is, this event is the largest, most lucrative draw for the resort all year....and those fucking granolas hate us for it.  It’s funny when we pretty much take over their locker and ski rental areas and disregard all their “Employees Only” signs as we traipse around like we own the place for the weekend (because we do).  They do all kinds of childish shit to try to piss us off....sometimes it works!  :lmao:

The fkn raisin eaters think it's all about them. Other than skiers where are the cyclists,hikers, canoe/kayakers in the winter. It's the sledders/atvers that keep alot of the rural businesses going and basically year-round. The locks in town bring in the boat traffic,tourists etc and this time of year they roll up the sidewalks before 6pm and it's a ghost town. We have a number of good restaurants that would shut down normally if it wasn't for the sledders once the snow flies and it would be worse farther north. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ckf said:

You probably have cloud cover

25 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

at Secretary of State and there’s 111 people checked in ahead of me! Kill me now. :lol:

Holy fuck...I get pissed when there are 5 ahead of me at our SOS branch! 😂

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Holy fuck...I get pissed when there are 5 ahead of me at our SOS branch! 😂

Fucking place is packed!!!! I left and got some chili cheese fries 🤣

• Haha 1

14 with a nice breeze so, close to zero with the windchill.  My hoodies aren’t getting it done anymore.  Doing some roof shingling today....time to break out the Carhartts.

It’s actually starting to get a bit strange that there isn’t really any measurable snow on the ground yet.

• Like 1

:gm1:   33° with a fine very light snow starting to fall.  Temps are supposed to go down throughout the day.  The forecast is calling for 2-4 with up to 6" in areas like Island Pond. My guess is 1-2 :news: