Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Morning. :bc:

-17 C here, which is 3 degrees colder than what was forecast. Not sure about any cold records for this time of year for these parts but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are breaking some. Global Warming, Huh! :lol:

Hoping to get some work started on my sled today. Finally got the front wheel bearing replaced on my son's GF's car. She went to leave last night with it and her rear view mirror broke off. :wall:

I haven't looked yet at so I am not sure what's up with it? Just going by what my son told me. Always something it seems.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bit of a warm up coming here. Very little snow in the forecast though.  Hmmmm.....I’m not liking what I see. 

Look at the calender. Then realize it's not global warming / cooling. It's called normal.

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Bit of a warm up coming here. Very little snow in the forecast though.  Hmmmm.....I’m not liking what I see. 

The snow amounts keep changing daily. We were supposed to get another 4-6" last night but that never happened. We have a place 45 min north of us that posts the weather/ trail conditions on their website. I watch their reports and the live webcam they have setup

On 11/11/2019 at 3:29 PM, SSFB said:

Fuckin cold out there but it’s warm inside. :bc: It’s nice working at a bank and having these days off. Recertified my CCNP this morning, got the oil changed on the F150, fucked around at the snowmobile dealership and now here I am.

RSgTVBS.jpg

Outstanding bud   :bc: 

:gmfo:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Evening gents. The lake has been just incredible so far this fall.  Temps in the 80’s and no wind for a few weeks now. 

I’ve been putting some miles on my little sport jet. Until today it had a bad problem of smoking too much on start-up, when idling and anything below about 1800 rpm. The Havasu Channel under the London Bridge is all a no wake zone so the smoky 2 stroke was kind of embarrassing. So today I deleted the oil injection and started pre mixing 50:1. Wow, what a difference. Absolute minimal smoke at start-up and barely detectible smoke at idle. Im much happier now. 

745AF451-7A08-4CDF-B3E1-0CF435059B99.jpeg

F6286058-0E30-42EA-B5CD-3E5120B0A02C.jpeg

• Like 8

Morning- 24 / 16 and snowing.  Lots of people delete oil injection @AKIQPilot on outboards and pre-mix.  They say they are worried about oil pump failure and Boom!   Not me, i've got a Mercury.  It's the best. It's tremendous.  My confidence in it 15 years later is at an all time high. #2strokesmokeFTW

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jammin said:

Morning- 24 / 16 and snowing.  Lots of people delete oil injection @AKIQPilot on outboards and pre-mix.  They say they are worried about oil pump failure and Boom!   Not me, i've got a Mercury.  It's the best. It's tremendous.  My confidence in it 15 years later is at an all time high. #2strokesmokeFTW

I liked the convenience of the oil injection but the Autoblend 2 system adds too much oil at idle. There is no way to adjust it. We idle a lot going through the Channel and the trail of smoke was quite embarrassing. 

Bypassing the oil injection cleaned things up big time. My first tank of fuel is blended at 40:1 and there is just the slightest hint of smoke at idle now. Next batch of fuel going in will be mixed at 50:1. Like the manu recommends. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jammin said:

how many hours you got on that motor at this point.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

how many hours you got on that motor at this point.  

No clue,  never had the dealer plug it in. My guess is not many.... I'd bet this year was under 10, maybe under 5.   

That will change now that Kennedy is going to be 8.  She going to learn to ski etc. 

Edited by jammin
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

I liked the convenience of the oil injection but the Autoblend 2 system adds too much oil at idle. There is no way to adjust it. We idle a lot going through the Channel and the trail of smoke was quite embarrassing. 

Bypassing the oil injection cleaned things up big time. My first tank of fuel is blended at 40:1 and there is just the slightest hint of smoke at idle now. Next batch of fuel going in will be mixed at 50:1. Like the manu recommends. 

Do you need me to send you the best 2stroke oil ever made? Sea & Snow is currently on sale for $18 a gal by me. I put that shit in everything.:green:

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

Do you need me to send you the best 2stroke oil ever made? Sea & Snow is currently on sale for $18 a gal by me. I put that shit in everything.:green:

I just cracked open a gallon of Lucas synthetic. It is supposed to be virtually smoke free. Will know more tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

I just cracked open a gallon of Lucas synthetic. It is supposed to be virtually smoke free. Will know more tomorrow. 

I like Lucas. I use their oil stabilizer and injection cleaner in the Jeeps as maintenance. Reasonable prices and their stuff works.:bc: