Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

On 9/15/2020 at 6:26 PM, Blackstar said:

I'm going to a drive in concert tonight. Not sure what to expect.

Unless you are planning on having the old lady in the back seat all night, like the old days, expect to have the heater and defroster on, and bring some blankets, cause it,s going to be frosty again to-nite. Can you remember back to those steamy nights, where you only watched the first 10 minutes of the concert or movie ? LOL the good old days.

Edited by Frostynuts

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Unless you are planning on having the old lady in the back seat all night, like the old days, expect to have the heater and defroster on, and bring some blankets, cause it,s going to be frosty again to-nite. Can you remember back to those steamy nights, where you only watched the first 10 minutes of the concert or movie ? LOL the good old days.

I grew up with a Drive In 3 blocks from my house but I'm thinking I only went in a car twice, other than to see Disney movies with my parents.. My friends and I usually walked in through the back. My buddy worked the fence line.

• Like 1

Mendon twin drive in is 15 minutes from me, they have been open 7 days a week during this pandemic BS  but they are running nothing but OLD movies.  shit thats been on TV for years now.   like  the Goonies, and  jaws,  really fucking JAWS!!!!    

Another chilly morning here as well. Woke this morning, around 7:15, and the house was only 64C! Suppose to clear as the day goes on but right now it is almost completely overcast. 

Hoping to wash and a get a coat of wax on my boat and engine today. Yesterday I changed the oil and filter and lower end gear lube then fogged it for winter storage. 5 Ltrs of 25-40 Merc semi syn, an oil filter and one bottle of HP gear lube, plus 3 squish washers for the lower unit cost me $145 dollars CDN! :$ 

• Like 2

Chilly here again this morning but I have no idea if we had frost overnight or not? At least the sun is shining and the warmup has started. Supposed to be all the way up to 22C by Wednesday? 

I managed a coat of wax on my boat and engine yesterday, and got mother's car washed as well. Not sure what's on the agenda today other than tinkering around here but at least it's nice out so it won't be hard to find something that needs doing. :bc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

I might have to put on the heat,  fucking used to wait till November I'm getting soft.  :softball:  

For what it costs.....why not be comfortable?  And I'm a tightwad :lol:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm just a poor white boy trying to survive.   Maybe if I stop watering the fresh grass seed i can afford the natural gas in October.  

Barry and I were reminiscing when he was up over the holiday weekend a few weeks ago. We sure had a lot of fun out of that ole shit hole.