Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

I think Caribou is the best meat on the planet.  When I was there the locals were allowed 6/year so it was like their beef.  At the camp we’d shoot yearlings and hang them in the cave in cheesecloth.  Literally slice some dry aged yearling Caribou and fry it .  Tender as butter.  Ralph was about 6’1” 300 lbs and his wife was a little Chinese gal about 100lbs but she made the absolute best Moose ribs.  Moose is great also.  I don’t recall her exact recipe but I do remember the process took more than a day to prepare and cook the ribs.  He also set me up the best smoked salmon I’ve ever had.  Brought back 20-25 lbs and shared with my hometown.  Still get people asking me about it.  

Halibut is the best fish IMO.  Every August Pen-air would have a huge pot luck in the King Salmon hanger.  Locals would prepare dishes and canneries would donate various fish and meat.  Talk about some great food washed down with Rainier.  

Partied pretty hard on the beach.  Also liked Fisherman’s and the Red Dog. Believe we got pizza at Hadfiel’s.

Pretty cool you’re up there and on a boat.  Not many people can say they’ve spent time in Naknek. 

We got 6 pizzas from Hatfelds when I was there. Some of the guys didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good.

This guy I sailed with in the beginning of the season had to leave for medical reasons, bought 900$ worth of mt dew to drink, he stored it on the barge. Yes, I said 900$ worth of mt dew. :lol: Anyway when he left he couldn't take the mt dew with him so he left it for us. We would trade it with the locals for the freshest salmon you could imagine.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

We got 6 pizzas from Hatfelds when I was there. Some of the guys didn't like it but I thought it was pretty good.

This guy I sailed with in the beginning of the season had to leave for medical reasons, bought 900$ worth of mt dew to drink, he stored it on the barge. Yes, I said 900$ worth of mt dew. :lol: Anyway when he left he couldn't take the mt dew with him so he left it for us. We would trade it with the locals for the freshest salmon you could imagine.

I remember in 1990 a pizza and case of beer were almost $30. 

Mt Dew is like liquid gold 😂

13 hours ago, SnowRider said:

First went there in 1990 to work for Inlet Salmon which is no longer in business  Ended up running the dock crane unloading the local 32’ fishing boats and tenders.  Went back in 1994 and 95 to work there.  Great fishing year but we got slammed in short increments so we had more time off than normal.  When I had time off I helped a local name Ralph Robertson build his home.  Ralph and his brother were commercial fisherman in the summer and big game guides in the fall and spring.  We flew a super cub out of Naknek airport 65 nautical miles to their remote hunting camp.  I helped them prepare and also did some hunting.  Shot a decent caribou per photo.  We also spent quite a bit of time fishing when we had time off including time at Katmai National Park and watching brown bears at Brooks Falls.  

Also spent quite a bit of time in Ketchikan from September - November working for Silver Lining Seafood.

A61FBDEA-5F02-4205-8C7A-EDA828E4C480.jpeg

That's a pretty cool early work experience for sure.  I had a dirt biking bud who moved there 40 years ago and did much of the same.  It still doesn't take anything away of you being a complete tool bag, but still pretty cool  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

That's a pretty cool early work experience for sure.  I had a dirt biking bud who moved there 40 years ago and did much of the same.  It still doesn't take anything away of you being a complete tool bag, but still pretty cool  :lol: 

If I wouldn’t have ended up getting married - I’d probably went back and stayed.  Just think - I’d probably be a star on Deadliest Catch or some other Alaska show.... :lol: 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, SnowRider said:

If I wouldn’t have ended up getting married - I’d probably went back and stayed.  Just think - I’d probably be a star on Deadliest Catch or some other Alaska show.... :lol: 

Hey you’d be the second reality show guy on here!  :lol: 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SnowRider said:

People like you moving up there is why people like my old man got the fuck out in the mid 90s and why I quit going up all together could get plenty of that bullshit in Minneapolis 

NH bringing back hero pay. $300/week if you work in healthcare or elder care and work 40 hrs /week.  I’ll take it. I got it all spring 

Edited by Shifty

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

For the 1st time ever I ordered a new drone before I lost/sunk my current drone.  I'm looking forward to a more portable unit.

I'm in the market also. What are you getting?

I'm thinking about the DJI Mini.

38 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

The mini 2 is a great drone. I almost went with the mini but decided on the Air 2 for the bigger 1/2" camera sensor. My 1st 2 drones had the same size as the mini and I have printed them up to 24"x36" without any problem, but for me the little extra from the larger sensor might make a difference when it comes time to sell a print.

The new Mini 2 has the same occusync (sp) as their high end drones. It's worth the extra $100 or whatever it is over the original Mavic Mini.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

If you buy direct from DJI they sent me a referral coupon worth $10 off. It's not much, but I think they know that they dominate the market.

https://referral.dji.com/events/dji-referral/referrers/c4d9ebca-ed47-4b2f-9bca-53436a7ae855/share

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My dad has a DJI Phantom something or another.  He has crashed it dozens of times and it still keeps going.

I've had several Phantom models. My current drone is a Phantom 4 A. Good drones, but do break when they drop from 150', lol.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My early Christmas Present to myself showed up today.👍🏼🇺🇸

9C744FD5-7360-4328-8F1C-427A877285BA.thumb.jpeg.9dc34db759350dd8e195ac1141717a79.jpeg

This is what I have, except thwy were not combined like today. I have one of VT and one of NH.

9781946494160.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

This is what I have, except thwy were not combined like today. I have one of VT and one of NH.

9781946494160.jpg

Nice...I have one of those as well...I like maps. 🇺🇸🏻

• Like 1

We got our tank topped off today.  It's nice to see kerosene at $2.25/gal. 180 gallons for $400. If it stays that low we might be able to get by on less than $1000 in heating fuel for the winter.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, Shifty said:

NH bringing back hero pay. $300/week if you work in healthcare or elder care and work 40 hrs /week.  I’ll take it. I got it all spring 

Shifty stabber, does it suck for you at all, that I wipe my ass with more than you make? 

Does it suck that you're collecting, SUBSISTENCE WELFARE  to keep you alive??

Does it suck at all, that REAL MEN like me are getting taxed to hell, so weak, not too bright fellows, like you can pay for heat and food???

Well that's OK Stabby. Knowing that you're a weak, barely employable dope in Littleton is worth it to me!!!

How's the bills doing?

You keeping up?

Do you mind being a weak LOSER???? 

EMT, part-time hospital worker, fix-it man!!! LMAO!!

What a disgrace as an adult American you are to accept " WELFARE  MONEY " from people like me!!!!

Now, go back to suckin' dicks with your GANG OF EIGHT!!!   :bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:   LOSER OF LITTLETON FAGGOT!!!PB250613.thumb.JPG.f4cd4e5e374d1457d53843f23c2f2fee.JPGPB250614.thumb.JPG.686747d14376d4c4a4539f491c9f8d85.JPG

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

Shifty stabber, does it suck for you at all, that I wipe my ass with more than you make? 

Does it suck that you're collecting, SUBSISTENCE WELFARE  to keep you alive??

Does it suck at all, that REAL MEN like me are getting taxed to hell, so weak, not too bright fellows, like you can pay for heat and food???

Well that's OK Stabby. Knowing that you're a weak, barely employable dope in Littleton is worth it to me!!!

How's the bills doing?

You keeping up?

Do you mind being a weak LOSER???? 

EMT, part-time hospital worker, fix-it man!!! LMAO!!

What a disgrace as an adult American you are to accept " WELFARE  MONEY " from people like me!!!!

Now, go back to suckin' dicks with your GANG OF EIGHT!!!   :bigfinger::bigfinger::bigfinger:   LOSER OF LITTLETON FAGGOT!!!PB250613.thumb.JPG.f4cd4e5e374d1457d53843f23c2f2fee.JPGPB250614.thumb.JPG.686747d14376d4c4a4539f491c9f8d85.JPG

Dude???  WTF?????