Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I might have to put on the heat,  fucking used to wait till November I'm getting soft.  :softball:  

We usually wait till late Oct early Nov before we turn the heat on. The wife turned the heat on in the basement last Thurs because we had company for the weekend. I thought 62 deg down there would be good sleeping weather and maybe they'd go home early lol.

24 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We usually wait till late Oct early Nov before we turn the heat on. The wife turned the heat on in the basement last Thurs because we had company for the weekend. I thought 62 deg down there would be good sleeping weather and maybe they'd go home early lol.

it was under 50 in the house the last couple of mornings.  Yesterday I don't think it got over 60 anywhere in the house.  Then the fucking cat and wife decided to hog the summer comforter in the middle of the night.  Between her 20 lb weighted blanket and the 15 lb cat it was a losing proposition to get it back.  

• Haha 2

Cloudy and overcast here currently when it was suppose to be sunny and warm. Heading out shortly to go pull docks and lifts and winterize the trailer this weekend. Lots of packing up to do, etc, but it should be a good weekend for my last trip up there, hopefully? 

WP_20180928_14_57_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20180929_14_17_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20180929_14_17_53_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, irv said:

Cloudy and overcast here currently when it was suppose to be sunny and warm. Heading out shortly to go pull docks and lifts and winterize the trailer this weekend. Lots of packing up to do, etc, but it should be a good weekend for my last trip up there, hopefully? 

WP_20180928_14_57_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20180929_14_17_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20180929_14_17_53_Pro.jpg

Still a few more good weekends Dale why pack up now! 

20 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Still a few more good weekends Dale why pack up now! 

Because the weather can change in a heartbeat and it's simply that time of the year. Everybody is basically doing the same thing this weekend and if I don't take advantage of all the help, I would be stuck trying to get my dock and lift out myself. Trust me, there have been times where I have regretted packing up but also plenty of times where I was mad at myself for not packing up earlier. Unlike a cottage, the park also has a closing date, which, this year, due to covid, has been extended but I honestly don't care. Once fall comes, like all the previous years, interest wanes, due to the weather mostly, but also knowing/having things to do at home, etc, also comes into play.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 10:41 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Aah, poor fat lazy, Jimmy. Has to bring his butthurt feelings to the official daily thread. Tell me, pouts, what'd you do this weekend, besides spend the majority of your time on here and TBP? Take the dog for a walk then post some pics of it? Sounds exciting, Snacks. Sure wish I had such a fulfilling, exciting life as you. :lol:

We're looking at some properties in Nova Scotia. We found a couple that we like sofar with one being 1 acre and the other just over 2 acres. The smaller lot is level and secluded and the way it sits won't have any neighbours. I'm thinking of getting this built there

135__000001.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Tayler Creek II?

Yes. The kit starts at $145K and everything is included except paint. I have to talk to them to see what the standards are for flooring, kitchen, bathrooms etc and figure what we want for upgrades. The deck is optional as well as the fireplace. I've allotted extra $ for everything like foundation,septic,hvac,elec,well, clearing etc etc and it's all coming in at a decent budget. We won't be building till probably next year or so

• Like 1