***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Well, I was supposed to be on my way to Perth with my wife for a get together with friends but my diverticulitis decided to act up of all nights. Never got to sleep until likely after 4am this morning and with a leave time slotted for 9:30am, it was a no go for me. I guess I should seriously think about having an operation as this isn't the first time this aliment has ruined plans for me and us.

Anyways, looks like a nice day out there now. Hot and humid already but with the chance of showers this afternoon? Likely going to be a non productive day with a much needed nap this afternoon so likely zero chance of anything getting done. :|

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, irv said:

Well, I was supposed to be on my way to Perth with my wife for a get together with friends but my diverticulitis decided to act up of all nights. Never got to sleep until likely after 4am this morning and with a leave time slotted for 9:30am, it was a no go for me. I guess I should seriously think about having an operation as this isn't the first time this aliment has ruined plans for me and us.

Anyways, looks like a nice day out there now. Hot and humid already but with the chance of showers this afternoon? Likely going to be a non productive day with a much needed nap this afternoon so likely zero chance of anything getting done. :|

That sucks Irv. If surgery would help why wouldn't you just get it done?

It was a beautiful day out there if you like the heat. Not many like that left. Supposed to be cold next weekend.

Its dark at 6am now when my alarm goes off and the sun is down by 830. Fall is coming.  :nudie:

The wife wanted to go fishing for a couple hours. We got to the ramp at 6pm and put the tinny in the water. I got it started and it kept on quitting like it was starving for gas. I loaded it back up and went to another spot nearby and did some shore fishing. Who the fuck said a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work lol. I'll screw around with it tomorrow and see what the problem is with the damn motor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That sucks Irv. If surgery would help why wouldn't you just get it done?

It was a beautiful day out there if you like the heat. Not many like that left. Supposed to be cold next weekend.

Its dark at 6am now when my alarm goes off and the sun is down by 830. Fall is coming.  :nudie:

Fear, I guess, Tim? There is a chance, although slight, that I'll have to wear a bag the rest of my life, plus I've heard not all ops are successful and that it can come back again.

I know I should just bite the bullet and take a chance if it would improve my life, but I also don't think I can choose when to get it done? With the lack of snow around these parts and the fact I don't get out much anymore anyways, I guess winter would be the best for me? 

24 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The wife wanted to go fishing for a couple hours. We got to the ramp at 6pm and put the tinny in the water. I got it started and it kept on quitting like it was starving for gas. I loaded it back up and went to another spot nearby and did some shore fishing. Who the fuck said a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work lol. I'll screw around with it tomorrow and see what the problem is with the damn motor

Split line or split bulb or you have it on backwards assuming it's a 9.9 type engine with a portable gas tank? Look at the easy/obvious stuff first, George, then go from there.

Good luck. :bc:

24 minutes ago, irv said:

Fear, I guess, Tim? There is a chance, although slight, that I'll have to wear a bag the rest of my life, plus I've heard not all ops are successful and that it can come back again.

I know I should just bite the bullet and take a chance if it would improve my life, but I also don't think I can choose when to get it done? With the lack of snow around these parts and the fact I don't get out much anymore anyways, I guess winter would be the best for me? 

Split line or split bulb or you have it on backwards assuming it's a 9.9 type engine with a portable gas tank? Look at the easy/obvious stuff first, George, then go from there.

It started on the prime/choke and quit after a few seconds. I repeated it quite a few times and kept doing the same thing. It's got fresh gas/oil that I mixed today, I disconnected the fuel line, pushed the pin in and squeezed the bulb and plenty of gas getting thru. I'm going to check the filter and fuel lines on the motor first and clean the carb

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, irv said:

Hmmm....a bag would be no fun at all.

My eyes are going south on me. These reading glasses suck. I come home at the end of the day with a headache and I'm sure its from eye strain. I should get the laser surgery but then you read how every once in a while they fuck it up.......getting old sucks.Can't imagine how old I'll feel when I get to George's age.....:lol2:

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

My eyes are going south on me. These reading glasses suck. I come home at the end of the day with a headache and I'm sure its from eye strain. I should get the laser surgery but then you read how every once in a while they fuck it up.......getting old sucks.Can't imagine how old I'll feel when I get to George's age.....:lol2:

Poor, George. :lol:

I need to get in again and see an optometrist myself as my previous pairs are not cutting it anymore. I can barely read texts on my phone and it only seems like a short time ago I could easily. 

54 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Bwahaha! I'm waiting for you guys to catch up lol. I'm not feeling old and worn out yet

• Like 1

Morning gentlemen. Foggy with some showers and a temp of 58f on this Sunday morning. Forecast is calling for a warm and muggy airmass to move in for a few days before getting back to more normal late summer weather. 

Have a great day. :bc:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ckf said:

Morning gentlemen. Foggy with some showers and a temp of 58f on this Sunday morning. Forecast is calling for a warm and muggy airmass to move in for a few days before getting back to more normal late summer weather. 

Have a great day. :bc:

Hot and muggy as hell out right now here. Just sprayed some weeds in the interlock patio and walk with vinegar and liquid soap and got soaked just doing that. Supposed to be much cooler by next weekend like Blackstar mentioned so the blow up pool, which has definitely worn out/is no longer any good, is also draining. I had the drain hose (garden hose) attached yesterday and laid out all nice last evening to soak a good portion of my grass and a maple tree but when I came out this morning, the hose was a tangled, crooked mess? Must have been raccoons or maybe skunks having some fun with it or trying to get a drink of water? :dunno:

42 minutes ago, irv said:

Hot and muggy as hell out right now here. Just sprayed some weeds in the interlock patio and walk with vinegar and liquid soap and got soaked just doing that. Supposed to be much cooler by next weekend like Blackstar mentioned so the blow up pool, which has definitely worn out/is no longer any good, is also draining. I had the drain hose (garden hose) attached yesterday and laid out all nice last evening to soak a good portion of my grass and a maple tree but when I came out this morning, the hose was a tangled, crooked mess? Must have been raccoons or maybe skunks having some fun with it or trying to get a drink of water? :dunno:

Hi Dale! Did you put salt in with the vinegar and dish soap

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Hi Dale! Did you put salt in with the vinegar and dish soap

No, George. I have read about that a bunch of times (epsom) and I believe you told me the reason why, maybe, but I've never used it. What does it do again, prolong the time before the weeds come back?

1 hour ago, irv said:

No, George. I have read about that a bunch of times (epsom) and I believe you told me the reason why, maybe, but I've never used it. What does it do again, prolong the time before the weeds come back?

I just use a cup of regular table salt. The combination of vinegar/salt kill the weed and the dish soap helps it all stick to the weed. I sprayed one morning and by late aft they had turned brown. The deer come up the driveway at night and eat them lol. 

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I just use a cup of regular table salt. The combination of vinegar/salt kill the weed and the dish soap helps it all stick to the weed. I sprayed one morning and by late aft they had turned brown. The deer come up the driveway at night and eat them lol. 

Curious, George, have you ever just tried the vinegar and soap without the salt, and if so, did the weed come back sooner or have you noticed a difference? The ones I sprayed, basically dandelion weeds this morning, have all turned brownish/are dying already. The moss not so much as previous times has shown it to be a little more resilient. 

24 minutes ago, irv said:

Curious, George, have you ever just tried the vinegar and soap without the salt, and if so, did the weed come back sooner or have you noticed a difference? The ones I sprayed, basically dandelion weeds this morning, have all turned brownish/are dying already. The moss not so much as previous times has shown it to be a little more resilient. 

I never tried it without the salt. It's mostly the dandelions it kills. The deer like the salt lol

59 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I never tried it without the salt. It's mostly the dandelions it kills. The deer like the salt lol

I'm curious, and if you want to try it, try it without the salt to see what happens? I've never been able to find an answer what the salt actually does?

Seems like everything is starting to be ready for harvest at once.  Tomorrow or Tuesday we'll start knifing and Pickett'ing beans and work on onions sometime later this week or into the weekend.  Even this hack of a gardener grew so many tomatoes every cage fell over there are so many on the plants.

Anyone know what that machine harvests?  It is certainly the talk of the area. :>

Probably should sell tomatoes and handies at the end of the driveway to pay for a new racecar motor.  

IMG_20200823_112515[1].jpg

IMG_20200823_113610[1].jpg

IMG_20200822_154344[1].jpg

10 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

We've been canning tomatoes for 2 weeks and I picked up 2 bushels of sweet corn to freeze yesterday  I'm sick of eating cucumbers. Lol

Salsa garden will be ready next week

No cucumbers here, but I can sell you sweet corn, peas, onions, and a few other crops by the semi load.