***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Gorgeous day and the humidity is gone.👍🏼🌞😎🇺🇸

My daughter just left for Marquette for a mix of online and in person classes...sounds like mostly online.

My son is taking 5 classes at UofT. Only one was offering in class for 14 people. He's staying home and doing them all online.

• Like 2

Morning! I'm on honey-do this week lol. I have to change the water filter, change the height of the sump pumps, wash the vinyl siding on the house and put a new elbow on the outlet pipe from the sumps. There's no mention of cutting the grass and weed whacking yet lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ckf said:

Good morning gentlemen. The heat and humidity have finally moved on. Temps were in the low 50's around daybreak.

It was nice n cool this morning and now it's over 80deg. I'm sitting under the awning and taking a break from washing the house. The sun is beating down on the side where I was gonna wash next and there's no breeze at all. 

20200813_121119.jpg

20200813_121134.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

It was nice n cool this morning and now it's over 80deg. I'm sitting under the awning and taking a break from washing the house. The sun is beating down on the side where I was gonna wash next and there's no breeze at all. 

20200813_121119.jpg

20200813_121134.jpg

It's around 80 here too, but at least it's not humid.

Fkn life sucks but we have to carry on!. I got a call yesterday and my brother (70 yrs old) had a bad accident and they had to cut him out of the car. They airlifted him and he passed away in the hospital. He lived in Nova Scotia and with this Covid shit I'd have to quarantine for 14 days once I got there. I was already talking to the medical examiner and the funeral home and arrangements are taking place. I'll be driving down soon to find out what the vultures ( deceased commonlaw wife's 4 kids) have got their hands on lol. 

• Sad 4

25 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Fkn life sucks but we have to carry on!. I got a call yesterday and my brother (70 yrs old) had a bad accident and they had to cut him out of the car. They airlifted him and he passed away in the hospital. He lived in Nova Scotia and with this Covid shit I'd have to quarantine for 14 days once I got there. I was already talking to the medical examiner and the funeral home and arrangements are taking place. I'll be driving down soon to find out what the vultures ( deceased commonlaw wife's 4 kids) have got their hands on lol. 

Sorry for your loss :sad:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smokin george said:

Sorry for your loss sir :(

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Left this am, just arrived in Baddek, Cape Breton Island.

Going to drive The Cabbot Trail tommorow

IMG_20200816_162813.jpg

I'd love to explore that area. I've only visited Quebec and ON so far.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

All the maritines are on my bucket list.

I had a chance to go to Labrador with my boss at the greenhouse when I was in HS. Then he told me that the menu would be macaroni & sauce and any fish that we caught. I don't care for fish and 2 weeks of macaroni didn't sound all that good at the time, lol.