Check your account email address ×

Nissan workers reject the uaw

11 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Hey - do you know where k can get a good office chair?  The folding chair I'm using kind of sucks...:snack:

Over 1000 Dem chairs for sale from the last eight, maybe see if the Dems auction them off. :dunno:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Just looked it up. There is no min wage in MI or AL......what I figured 

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

What's well?

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

My BIL died 10 years ago and I am retired.

we never hired slave contract workers like you do.

fuck off now you lawn grub

So now I am curious. I am in print... Fairly sure you were/are too. What do you start new hires feeding pockets and piling pallets and what do your first pressman and stitcher operators make? Let's see if you put your money where your mouth is... Don't worry I will adjust for COL for you. No need. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Ok guys... what hourly rate SHOULD they be paying?

$44 with bennies now. How much more? As a business owner, how much?

12.50 ,,maccording to the most prolific liar and hypocrite on FSCE 🖕

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

That county votes Republican.  We all know why the dems wants the union in that plant.....more $$$ used to put into democrat campaign coffers.

What is the ratio of dues spent on political campaigns vs workers themselves?  

None of the doom and gloom apocalypse from the left came true when Michigan became a right to work State.  They over played their hand trying to force home care workers into the union.  It failed miserably.  In fairness, the rights claim of a stampede to Michigan to create manufacturing did not either.  

I know some pretty die hard union guys who in the past would jump up out of their chairs with fists up if you dared say anything negative about the Union.

Not so much anymore. 

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

What is the ratio of dues spent on political campaigns vs workers themselves?  

None of the doom and gloom apocalypse from the left came true when Michigan became a right to work State.  They over played their hand trying to force home care workers into the union.  It failed miserably.  In fairness, the rights claim of a stampede to Michigan to create manufacturing did not either.  

I know some pretty die hard union guys who in the past would jump up out of their chairs with fists up if you dared say anything negative about the Union.

Not so much anymore. 

True on both accounts.

You can look here for their campaign spending

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000070

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Healthcare is 10.00 an hour, add in unemployment insurance, vacations, workers comp, sick time and holidays and the hourly might be 15.00 a hour

Where do you get $29 worth of deductions? $10/hr healthcare is bs unless you have a family plan with no employer contribution. I've never in my 21 yrs of business ownership deducted for vaca, sick time or holidays from my employees. 

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Where do you get $29 worth of deductions? $10/hr healthcare is bs unless you have a family plan with no employer contribution. I've never in my 21 yrs of business ownership deducted for vaca, sick time or holidays from my employees. 

How do you justify the lost labor time? Every benefit a employee has is part of their benefit package.

9 hours ago, Mainecat said:

How do you justify the lost labor time? Every benefit a employee has is part of their benefit package.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:00 PM, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

So now I am curious. I am in print... Fairly sure you were/are too. What do you start new hires feeding pockets and piling pallets and what do your first pressman and stitcher operators make? Let's see if you put your money where your mouth is... Don't worry I will adjust for COL for you. No need. 

@Mainecat...?

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

Threads like this is what makes it obvious that mc has nothing to do with business 

If any of these folks had actually set foot in the plant or talked to the people that work there they might have a point. The "union good, people are dumb" narrative doesn't apply to all situations. The people seem happy working there. :dunno: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Edmo said:

If any of these folks had actually set foot in the plant or talked to the people that work there they might have a point. The "union good, people are dumb" narrative doesn't apply to all situations. The people seem happy working there. :dunno: 

To arrogant elitist know what is best for everybody liberals like MC and Slope that narrative always applies sadly....their disdain and contempt for people they view as "dumb" is pathetic.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:50 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

You think the guys working the blue collar automotive jobs in MS or MI are highly educated?

Way more are than you think.  I know lots of people who aren't skilled trades with multiple college degrees.  

On 8/7/2017 at 0:40 PM, Biggie Smails said:

I see skilled trade unions  as a good thing....I don't consider working on an assembly line as a skilled trade.

They aren't skilled trades. 

But they make a very good wage and have excellent benefits and a pension. 

On 8/7/2017 at 4:15 PM, Mainecat said:

So your a dumb ass?

*you're   DUMBASS! 

6 hours ago, Edmo said:

From my experience working in the factory and being a union rep for a short period....what I saw to often was the union protected people who should have long been fired...work ethic was horrendous by non-skilled because they knew they were protected...even some skilled workers when I 1st got hired had poor atittudes.