Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I have been battling prostate cancer for about 1.5 years. When diagnosed my PSA level was extremely high and after radiation treatment its down to 0.05 so basically cleared up. The radiation did alot of damage to the bladder and bowel area and they found a mass on the tail end of the prostate. They did a biopsy and then another and 2 weeks ago another and got a call from the surgeon a few minutes ago. It's confirmed no cancer for the 3rd time and the urologist and surgeon figure it's an ulcer caused by the radiation. I'm on the mend and taking it day by day.

Awesome news George!👊🏻🌞☺️

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I have been battling prostate cancer for about 1.5 years. When diagnosed my PSA level was extremely high and after radiation treatment its down to 0.05 so basically cleared up. The radiation did alot of damage to the bladder and bowel area and they found a mass on the tail end of the prostate. They did a biopsy and then another and 2 weeks ago another and got a call from the surgeon a few minutes ago. It's confirmed no cancer for the 3rd time and the urologist and surgeon figure it's an ulcer caused by the radiation. I'm on the mend and taking it day by day.

That's great news, George! Congrats :bc:

• Thanks 1

Just now, yamadan700 said:

Finally some good news on CE!

I was just about to say the same thing, finally, something we can all be happy about!

Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

Awesome news! Congratulations and never postpone yearly checkups.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Good to hear George.

Hope you're enjoying your new place.

Thanks! We're 2 months behind but seeing the progress. Tapers are doing their thing, siding is going on, kitchen is ready to be delivered/installed, painters are ready to come in and we purchased all the flooring. Little by little it's taking shape.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Awesome news! Congratulations and never postpone yearly checkups.

That's for sure! They've been fantastic here and amazing with how quick I get all the testing done. 

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

that is a fantastic outcome. my dad and grandfather died from prostate cancer. dr told my brothers and i it's a matter of when. i get the psa yearly, just had it saturday, 1.5. under 4 is the target. i will admit that getting that test scares the shit out of me. glad you got it beat george . i ended up in urologist care from kidney stones. a good one can explain a lot of what's going on, and help with future issues. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

that is a fantastic outcome. my dad and grandfather died from prostate cancer. dr told my brothers and i it's a matter of when. i get the psa yearly, just had it saturday, 1.5. under 4 is the target. i will admit that getting that test scares the shit out of me. glad you got it beat george . i ended up in urologist care from kidney stones. a good one can explain a lot of what's going on, and help with future issues. 

It's amazing for 70 years I rarely ever got sick then bam. It's stressful at first but have gotten over the fear of doctors and the encouraging words from them helped. The surgeon did 3 scopes and biopsies to be sure and when he called today and said good news was a relief.  He said to call him in a couple months and let him know how I'm feeling. 

• Like 5

• Platinum Contributing Member

Very glad to hear and I also want to thank you.

Because of your diagnosis, I decided it was time to see a urologist, since I had some symptoms of trouble emptying the bladder completely and pissing kinda frequently at night.

I have been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, which is very common as we age.   They also tested my PSA levels for the first time ever and came back at 3.65.....so they are not very concerned of cancer.... they will be using that number as a baseline and told me to come back in 2 to 4 years for a retest unless my symptoms worsen.  I'm thinking that's a little too long so I do plan on getting a blood test yearly.     

They did prescribe Tamsulosin to minimize the enlarged symptoms but I am taking an herbal supplement Prostadine instead which seems to be helpful so far.   I try to avoid medications as much as I can.   

Anyway... great news on your part:thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Very glad to hear and I also want to thank you.

Because of your diagnosis, I decided it was time to see a urologist, since I had some symptoms of trouble emptying the bladder completely and pissing kinda frequently at night.

I have been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, which is very common as we age.   They also tested my PSA levels for the first time ever and came back at 3.65.....so they are not very concerned of cancer.... they will be using that number as a baseline and told me to come back in 2 to 4 years for a retest unless my symptoms worsen.  I'm thinking that's a little too long so I do plan on getting a blood test yearly.     

They did prescribe Tamsulosin to minimize the enlarged symptoms but I am taking an herbal supplement Prostadine instead which seems to be helpful so far.   I try to avoid medications as much as I can.   

Anyway... great news on your part:thumbsup:

sadly it's an uncomfortable thing to discuss, especially men . no one wants to hear . but as we see, getting that test is easy and getting that baseline is helpful. my girlfriend's brother had a bunch of radiation as well and his is gone too. encouraging to say the least. and my boss has it too...

• Like 2