Check your account email address ×

Eating out vs eating at home.

We only eat out when running to sporting/music events.  Having two that are in shit 7 days a week makes always eating together rough.  Learning to cook and appreciate food is the best thing you can do for yourself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSR said:

My wife prefers if I do my "eating out" at home even though I've offered her many options. 

Rob Ford..

Loved that guy!

Club sammich, fries and gravy. $25

Edited by Voodoo

Most of what I make is better than what you can get in restaurants anyways.  Smash burgers on the griddle, grilled chicken and steaks, smoked ribs. 

I can make a nice steak and a baked potatoe at home for less than an appetizer with tip at a restaurant.  We get takeout more than we go out.  I eat out enough when traveling for work.

i am fortunate my old lady is a good cook. almost 33 years and that has been a big part of my eating. always balanced meals for the most part. i send my buddy pictures, he can't believe it. he says " you are telling me you have pork chops, roasted potatoes, and vegetables or something like that every night?" yup , but not so much meat. if i eat meat it's not much. i like it , just not good for me. i had a 13mm kidney stone in 17 , one in 2000 as well. meds and diet change didn't stop it. now meds , tons more water, and more diet change. all that eating out and processed food has tons of salt. can lead to rocks in your kidney and tools up your tool. fuuuuuuck that !

• Like 2

We cook as a family 5-6 nights a week.  Everyone gets to choose at least 1 meal each week, everyone participates.

Eat out maybe once a week as a family.

Even on the road, we are the people with the crock pots in the race trailer, but we do buy race track food too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We cook as a family 5-6 nights a week.  Everyone gets to choose at least 1 meal each week, everyone participates.

Eat out maybe once a week as a family.

Even on the road, we are the people with the crock pots in the race trailer, but we do buy race track food too.

we always plan ahead so we don't have to eat bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

we always plan ahead so we don't have to eat bullshit. 

Don't get me wrong, we have a stack of frozen pizzas in the shop for the last minute stuff, but we try to plan ahead too.

If you want mac and cheese, it isn't from Kraft, we are making it.

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't get me wrong, we have a stack of frozen pizzas in the shop for the last minute stuff, but we try to plan ahead too.

If you want mac and cheese, it isn't from Kraft, we are making it.

oh man she makes it killer with the breadcrumbs on it . makes her own batch with crushed tomatoes in it. i go for the regular

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

This might be the biggest lie our govt has ever put out.

What is? That eating out is cheaper? I've never heard that from anyone other than individuals who are too lazy to cook that are lying to themselves. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Given the vastness of the midwest how are wr not able to grow everything we need? I suspect its because we grow what is profitable to export instead. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

When you cant cook for shit......:read:

Were away from home alot.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Steve753

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Eating out is easier if you got the money why not

High calories.

High sodium count.

Better quality control at home.

Just off the top of my head…

9 hours ago, HSR said:

My wife prefers if I do my "eating out" at home even though I've offered her many options. 

I’m sure your wife is thrilled when you’re eating her box and stupid Steve is right behind you licking yours!!!

• Haha 3

• Gold Member
6 hours ago, Edmo said:

High calories.

High sodium count.

Better quality control at home.

Just off the top of my head…

Fair enough. We are younger with no diet restrictions to worry about for us it’s convenience on a busy night with a little of we both hate cooking thrown in 

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we have family in town from Colorado... nephew lives in Denver and told my wife he spent over $4K on Uber Eats last year.

she handed him a cookbook and told him to to take a basis economics class 

sounds like a future candidate for college tuition debt forgiveness?:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Fair enough. We are younger with no diet restrictions to worry about for us it’s convenience on a busy night with a little of we both hate cooking thrown in 

as i said, that first kidney stone is an eye opener :bc:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SSFB said:

What is? That eating out is cheaper? I've never heard that from anyone other than individuals who are too lazy to cook that are lying to themselves. 

That food is only up 5.8% in 2023.   The quote from the article was directly after my statement.  In fact there is nothing in my post what so ever talking about which is cheaper.   Its about people are eating out more now than ever.  Could be partially due to retired boomers traveling more so they eat out more however young people eat out a crazy amount.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’m sure your wife is thrilled when you’re eating her box and stupid Steve is right behind you licking yours!!!

Wow that's a Badger level reply,, you must be severely triggered.

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

Wow that's a Badger level reply,, you must be severely triggered.

I never reply to the guy and he's got a thing for me. I'm starting to know how you feel when you get blamed for everything.

:lol: