Check your account email address ×

Who actually owns sleds and rides on a regular basis?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Man XCR 800’s have skyrocketed in price too 

Polaris had so many garbage triples but anything ultra based was decent 

Actually have a NOS long block XCR 800 motor that would like to put in a wedge chassis some day.  Realistically don't know if I'll ever get to that though.

4 minutes ago, Doug said:

Actually have a NOS long block XCR 800 motor that would like to put in a wedge chassis some day.  Realistically don't know if I'll ever get to that though.

You know what that engine is worth now…

and it should bolt into any wedge ultra 

9 hours ago, ACE said:

I was out of the sport for about 8 years after college and an 80 SRX.  Bought my cousins 87 Indy 600 triple, which at the time was pretty much the mack daddy of snowmachines with the big triple, ifs chassis, etc., it was so much better than any other sled on the snow imo.  Rocked the  triple life style largely through several more Polaris triples, then the glorious SRX 700s in 98 and 2000.  I wish they could make a nice refined, lighter weight triple 2 stroke, but I think them days is gone.  Now i ride a 700 lb. barge 4 stroke triple turbo ftw!

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I was out of the sport for about 8 years after college and an 80 SRX.  Bought my cousins 87 Indy 600 triple, which at the time was pretty much the mack daddy of snowmachines with the big triple, ifs chassis, etc., it was so much better than any other sled on the snow imo.  Rocked the  triple life style largely through several more Polaris triples, then the glorious SRX 700s in 98 and 2000.  I wish they could make a nice refined, lighter weight triple 2 stroke, but I think them days is gone.  Now i ride a 700 lb. barge 4 stroke triple turbo ftw!

The triples of the 90's and early 2000's was like a melodic symphony of 2 stroke Beethoven. I remember times standing outside my dad's cabin on Friday/Saturday evenings and just listening to all the piped triples howling off in the distance, it was spiritual. 

:lmao:

Waterboy Rubbing GIF - Waterboy Rubbing Nipples - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Decent deal for sure and I would absolutely ride an 800 after coming off my 850 Assault.

i couldn't see pushing her to an 850. that 800 is more than she needs but the sled itself made it worth buying. once i do the shocks she will be killing it

Current sleds:

2019 Skidoo Mxz Xrs 850

2018 Arctic Cat ZR 6000

2007 Polaris 550LX

I snow-checked: 2 - 2024 Polaris Patriot Boost INDY VR1 137's (one for me, one for my son)

They were huge money but I rode 1 multiple times last year and loved the sled.  I am selling the Skidoo and the Polaris.  The Skidoo has low miles so i should get pretty good $ for it.  The old Polaris was for when I brought my girlfriend or one of the kids and was afraid to let them drive a faster sled/crash.  No one ever did and that sled is mint for one that old.  I am hoping for a good year.  Upstate NY riding was not great last year but I rode a lot the last couple of weeks and it got me interested again.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

I ride my ‘14 Indy sp 800 around 1500 miles a season . I live on trail in northern NH. I think I’m going to register in VT this year for some new scenery. Umbagog/millsfield/Errol is my favorite riding in NH. I ride from home when the conditions are good but drop at SDR,Nash or in Jefferson when chasing snow. It’s time for an upgrade sled wise I think. Though I love my Indy. 

IMG_6595.jpeg

• Like 3

2012 TZ1Touring for me, and a 2003 Polaris Trail Touring 550 as a backup. The Arctic Cat isn't new, but has only about 2000 miles on it, and is really clean. Runs fine. My wife rides with me sometimes, when she doesn't, I take the back seat off and cruise the trails in comfort. 

Just don't get it stuck, it is a heavy bugger. 

• Like 1

15 sleds.  4 "modern day".   The rest classics from a Kawasaki Interceptor to 2007 Mach Z.

Ride 2000-3500 miles per year.

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ACE said:

Friend worked for Polaris and the motor was supposed to be a dyno test mule.  It never got put on the dyno because that was when the 800 twins were in development so he was able to buy it.  I bought it 10-15 years ago.  Needs carbs, exhaust manifolds, oil pump and coils which I have.

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

18 cat and 84 Enticer. About 7000-7500 miles. Usually do about 1500 a year over 2 4 day riding trips. Live in IN so trailer to best snow we can get to based on time we have. Occasionally go west too and either drag them out or rent. Also take kids to relative's house in Eagle River WI but usually ride sleds they have there since we take the minivan to get there with the kids.

• Like 1

Been doing 1-2k miles every year since ‘91. Currently on a miled up VR1 850. Be shopping for leftovers in the spring, like to get a new Switchback or Assault 850 if I can find the right deal.

• Like 1

2008 Polaris Switchback Dragon 700 

2007 Arctic Cat Crossfire 600

I would be lucky to put 500 kms on between the two of them a year. Like Neal, kind of loosing ambition. Low snow years making it hard to ride to the trails and lack of owning a trailer doesn't help.

Still own them as I paid less than $3000CAD each so they really don't cost anything to sit there. Nice to have around when the nephews come out or the rare trip to BC if the opportunity/situation arises.

20220308_111238.jpg

20220308_111433.jpg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Jesus fucking christ you change sleds more than they change MC's diaper:dunno:

I know right…didn’t even ride last winter or have a sled…sad.😫

I have 3 Polaris sleds. 

2021 matryx 850

2021 switchback 850

2018 assault 800.

I ride as much as I can but living where I do that means I need to travel most winters. Do about 2000 to 3500 miles per season.

• Like 1

Good mix of sled owners here.  Like that @X2700 is already planning the next ride.  We were out last night and the guys were talking about getting the first ride in.

Maybe move some of common interest of owning and riding sleds to the general snowmobile forum here  :thumb:

• Like 2

Trying to plan a Quebec trip this season. That should be good for at least 1500 miles right there. 

Every year for the last 5 me, my son, nephew, buddy and his kid go up north the day after Christmas for 4 days. Been lucky there has always been ridable snow. Usually meet up with some other guys at that time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Been doing 1-2k miles every year since ‘91. Currently on a miled up VR1 850. Be shopping for leftovers in the spring, like to get a new Switchback or Assault 850 if I can find the right deal.

I have been kicking around dumping the matryx for a skidoo turbo 900r renegade. 

• Like 2