Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.kashima-coat.com/global/service/kashima-coat/

don't care if they're pink... as long as they work well

I’m the idiot they were looking for when they came up with “kashima coated” shocks then. I never looked into it and always thought it was on the shafts where it would make a performance difference with less friction through the stroke. Cool gold colored shocks I’m a marketer’s dream I guess 😂

47 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I’m the idiot they were looking for when they came up with “kashima coated” shocks then. I never looked into it and always thought it was on the shafts where it would make a performance difference with less friction through the stroke. Cool gold colored shocks I’m a marketer’s dream I guess 😂

It makes a performance difference on the shock body, that's where there is movement and friction inside of a shock.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

It makes a performance difference on the shock body, that's where there is movement and friction inside of a shock.

Well according to about 13 different independent tests I’ve looked at since then it makes negligible if any difference in friction and is just a shiny coating to make people think it’s something special.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mnstang said:

God this site sucks.  90% miserable people 

Actually every once in awhile you come across internet gold.  This place has more of it than any other site.  That photo of cats new gauge checks all the boxes....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Well according to about 13 different independent tests I’ve looked at since then it makes negligible if any difference in friction and is just a shiny coating to make people think it’s something special.

Race teams of all racing, not just snowmobile or motorsports use coatings.  They wouldn't do that if there is negligible difference.

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I see the 7000 is back. I wonder if they will kill it off when the times comes actually order them like last year?

Pantera as well. Maybe a last hoorah since people have been asking for them before dumping everything for the catalyst chassis?

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

God this site sucks.  90% miserable people 

I thought it was at least as funny as the Samsung TV strapped to a snowmobile.  Idiotic, sure, but there's still humor in being an idiot.

By the way, I'm old enough to not only know how to use one of those, but know how to make a collect call using one of those.  Having one of those on my Catalyst will make stealing it a lot harder - kind of like driving a stick shift.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see on the racing catalyst they cut the seat, added bogie wheels, change out the handle bars/controls, added air shocks, added a windshield, and went to c and a skis. I wonder what other goodies they changed?

I heard it had a Hirth twin engine. 

On 2/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, jdsky said:

Who the fuck cares what sleds weighed back in 2012?  A fucking thunderwinder clocked in at 603lbs dry in 2022.

How about what sleds actually weigh today?

2022 ZR6000 w/ E-start and ATAC - 512lbs

2022 ZR6000 R-XC No E-start - 487lbs

2024 Doo XRS 600R with Competition Package and SHOT - 470lbs - How do I know?  Because at least Doo posts the fucking weights on the spec sheet.

xrs 600 comp.png

You must be hanging out with jimwit..

no one can be stupid enough to believe the weights you claim for the ac 600. 

Thats why I posted the 2012 weights. its a fair comparison.  BTW cat has gotten lighter since then,  and the 998 version of the turbo is lighter than the 1100 was. not 603 lbs...

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, krom said:

Thats why I posted the 2012 weights. its a fair comparison.  BTW cat has gotten lighter since then,  and the 998 version of the turbo is lighter than the 1100 was. not 603 lbs...

Screenshot_20230227_085616_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, krom said:

You must be hanging out with jimwit..

no one can be stupid enough to believe the weights you claim for the ac 600. 

Take off the green beer goggles….20 tcat-half tank gas 144 studs= 652lbs say 6gallons gas x 6lbs gallon 36lbs plus stud weight ? Ya 603 is the real number dry. The 600 weight is real too. Just face it cats are heavy pieces of shit.

(not my pics/info btw)

6E0971C3-D5BC-43ED-B592-D08721DA32C3.jpeg

66B2BDA4-AC2B-42E8-8DDE-01B4A67FFC56.jpeg

56 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Take off the green beer goggles….20 tcat-half tank gas 144 studs= 652lbs say 6gallons gas x 6lbs gallon 36lbs plus stud weight ? Ya 603 is the real number dry. The 600 weight is real too. Just face it cats are heavy pieces of shit.

(not my pics/info btw)

6E0971C3-D5BC-43ED-B592-D08721DA32C3.jpeg

66B2BDA4-AC2B-42E8-8DDE-01B4A67FFC56.jpeg

manufacture claimed dry weight doesn't include gas, oil, chain lube, shock oil, coolant, grease, belt, tool kit, any accessories, bags etc.

The "tank" procross, was lighter than the XP.  The G5 doo is heavier than the XP, the catalyst is 10% lighter than the procross

@fortune46x should be able to post the weights of 600 XC sleds from all the manus, for comparison

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

Dry weights are the only way to compare apples to apples.  The thunderwinder is what it is.  The heaviest four stroke trail sled on the market and at least 70lbs more than my 20' XRS.  It was noticeable when I test rode a winder at my dealer.  But again I really don't care because it is what it is and everyone wants what they want when spending a shit ton of cash these days.

One primary point in my post being that if cat's sleds were all lighter than the competition you bet your ass they would be publishing them in the spec sheets and that marketing dude from Atlanta, GA would be putting up billboards everywhere declaring that advantage.  They don't because there isn't one.

If the catalyst changes that and ends up being significantly lighter than the competition I am sure it will be talked about everywhere.  So far saying it is 10% lighter than a procross is not really saying much unless you are riding a procross. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think that the weight issue is way overblown. They all weigh between 5-600 lbs with fuel etc. Not many can tell the dif of say 40lbs when they're stuck and all iced up. Unless your using exotic metals the more they lighten them the chances are the weaker in all areas the sled becomes. JMO.

I would agree that 20-40lbs is not that noticeable.  70lbs or more?  Definitely noticeable. 

It also has a lot to do with where that weight is.  I went from a 530lb 1200 to a 540lb 900 but the sled handles and feels lighter because of how much more balanced the package is and where the weight is centered.  

Edited by jdsky
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Dry weights are the only way to compare apples to apples.  The thunderwinder is what it is.  The heaviest four stroke trail sled on the market and at least 70lbs more than my 20' XRS.  It was noticeable when I test rode a winder at my dealer.  But again I really don't care because it is what it is and everyone wants what they want when spending a shit ton of cash these days.

One primary point in my post being that if cat's sleds were all lighter than the competition you bet your ass they would be publishing them in the spec sheets and that marketing dude from Atlanta, GA would be putting up billboards everywhere declaring that advantage.  They don't because there isn't one.

If the catalyst changes that and ends up being significantly lighter than the competition I am sure it will be talked about everywhere.  So far saying it is 10% lighter than a procross is not really saying much unless you are riding a procross. 

Thunder winder was within 15 lbs of the mach z,  when put on the same scale at the last shootout