Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

9 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

Light weight only became important to cat riders when the brand finally caught up 10 years later. Similar to their 800 that is now 4 years behind the times. Be interesting to see if the new Cat will get the production line more than one shift.

Firecat was the first true lightweight sled. 20 years later its still lighter than pretty much any trail sled built by poo or doo.

From what I've been told the Catalyst will be lighter than the firecat, or anything else built

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Cat is releasing everything on Tuesday. I wonder what color you can get the blast in this year?

All will be mostly black, with graphics

ZR will be green and white,

XR orange blue and white

Utility red and white

M blue and white

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, krom said:

Firecat was the first true lightweight sled. 20 years later its still lighter than pretty much any trail sled built by poo or doo.

From what I've been told the Catalyst will be lighter than the firecat, or anything else built

What was the weight? 2015 Pro S 800 is 431 lbs.

I found this for an 05 

Dry Weight (lbs/kg) 460 / 208.7

50 minutes ago, HSR said:

So the Catalyst will be sub 400 lbs then , I highly doubt it. Sounds like more fan fare 

Cat has been claiming 10% weight reduction. The current sled is like 525 pounds with w estart. 10% reduction would put in the 480 range 

3 hours ago, krom said:

All will be mostly black, with graphics

ZR will be green and white,

XR orange blue and white

Utility red and white

M blue and white

Our last Arctic Cat rider to switch that went to Polaris looked and sat on them today.  His comment " Nothing there to make me switch back"

20230224_121042.jpg

20230224_120917.jpg

20230224_120807.jpg

20230224_120459.jpg

20230224_120434.jpg

20230224_120424.jpg

20230224_120406.jpg

20230224_115959.jpg

20230224_115753.jpg

20230224_115749.jpg

20230224_115735.jpg

Edited by Doug

• Gold Member
57 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Cat has been claiming 10% weight reduction. The current sled is like 525 pounds with w estart. 10% reduction would put in the 480 range 

Over a decade for this new chassis and it still weighs more than a current 600r doo lol

49 minutes ago, Doug said:

Our last Arctic Cat rider to switch that went to Polaris looked and sat on them today.  His comment " Nothing there to make me switch back"

20230224_120434.jpg

20230224_115959.jpg

The limited looks good too, depending on pricing I might order one of those to replace my 19 Limited my girlfriend rides. I wonder if it’s available without ATAC

2 hours ago, Palu49 said:

The limited looks good too, depending on pricing I might order one of those to replace my 19 Limited my girlfriend rides. I wonder if it’s available without ATAC

The pics show Atac shocks. Stated that the deluxe gauge will be used with as well.

3 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Over a decade for this new chassis and it still weighs more than a current 600r doo lol

Put that 600 doo on the scales.. 

If it's 425 or less, then you might have something. 

They originally planned to be significantly under 425, and some full production parts are coming in lighter than the hand built / 3d printed prototype /test pieces 

None of the rest of the sleds anyone has mentioned are currently produced. 

Doo put weight on the xp/xs every one of the 10 years it was built,  and it was still a flimsy pos 

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The pics show Atac shocks. Stated that the deluxe gauge will be used with as well.

They are calling the gauge released in 2014 the deluxe gauge for 24 

The new gauge is the base model, and on sleds without Atac 

Edited by krom

1 minute ago, krom said:

They are calling the gauge released in 2014 the deluxe gauge for 24 

Yes, that is what has been stated. Get out of the cleaning chemicals and join the real world who read up on shit. Personally, I like this gauge. Have had or still own 4 with it. Might not be able to stream Netflix on it, but it gives me all the important stuff I need, and a few more I have never looked at. It's a fucking snowmobile, not a home theater. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ZR6000RR said:

Yes, that is what has been stated. Get out of the cleaning chemicals and join the real world who read up on shit. Personally, I like this gauge. Have had or still own 4 with it. Might not be able to stream Netflix on it, but it gives me all the important stuff I need, and a few more I have never looked at. It's a fucking snowmobile, not a home theater. 

Just like everything else, you don't have a clue what sells or what the customer wants. 

Poo and doo are selling a ton of the high end gsuges, and the only thing people are asking for more than a big 2 stroke is a modern display 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krom said:

Just like everything else, you don't have a clue what sells or what the customer wants. 

Poo and doo are selling a ton of the high end gsuges, and the only thing people are asking for more than a big 2 stroke is a modern display 

I only care what I want you stupid cunt! Poo's gauge has been a constant will it work today and the Doo forgot to put GPS in it, and it looks like shit! 

Edited by ZR6000RR

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

I only care what I want you stupid cunt! Poo's gauge has been a constant will it work today and the Doo forgot to put GPS in it, and it looks like shit! 

pong-thumbnail.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And you can't control zoom from the handlebars which is a bigger game changer than not having a gps. Of course you are the moron that leaves his cell phone and most logical safety curtain at home.  Dumb as fuck you are.

2 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Deluxe?  Rofl.  If that is deluxe what do they call the standard.  "Not a gauge". OMG.

• Confused 1

• Gold Member
7 hours ago, krom said:

Put that 600 doo on the scales.. 

If it's 425 or less, then you might have something. 

They originally planned to be significantly under 425, and some full production parts are coming in lighter than the hand built / 3d printed prototype /test pieces 

None of the rest of the sleds anyone has mentioned are currently produced. 

Doo put weight on the xp/xs every one of the 10 years it was built,  and it was still a flimsy pos 

Where is this 425lbs number coming from? I’ll admit I haven’t payed much attention to the catalysts as I don’t care at all about cat but everything thing I’m seeing is saying 10% less weight over current models. Current 600rr is 521lbs minus 10% 469lbs or about the same weight as a current xrs600(476lbs) so like I said an over decade wait to barely keep up with the competitions current offerings in the weight department congratulations.

I only mentioned the weight of my sled as you claimed firecats still lighter than most doo or poo sleds today. Never found the xp to be flimsy I beat the hell outta the ones I’ve owned never an issue in normal use. Throw a tree or unseen rock in the mix riding off trail sure it’s gonna bend stuff but I don’t blame a chassis for being weak cause I hit something that shouldn’t be hit.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 1