Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

Record breaking post :lol:

Gym hopes you like, share and subscribe to the YouTube channel.  Gym has starting understanding who is in his camp and who isn't around here.  Gym gets a lot of inside information not available to others from this source.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Gym hopes you like, share and subscribe to the YouTube channel.  Gym has starting understanding who is in his camp and who isn't around here.  Gym gets a lot of inside information not available to others from this source.  

Keep it up and I'll make you a cm

10 minutes ago, krom said:

Per update powerpoint, intake system (from outside of hood, to throttle bodies) drops from 12 on the G2 pieces to 7 on the Catalyst.

129" skid doesn't have torque links, or coupling blocks fwiw

That’s a substantial drop just in the hood/air intake area. Looks like they have done a good job of simplifying the sled 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, krom said:

I've already said too much

Maybe in 4 hours and 18 minutes?

I'd be interested to know what's better in a 129" skid without coupling blocks.  They were tinkering with those during the photo shoot but never explained what they were doing.  Maybe Cat will have more info on the 129 skid in their reveal.

15 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I'd be interested to know what's better in a 129" skid without coupling blocks.  They were tinkering with those during the photo shoot but never explained what they were doing.  Maybe Cat will have more info on the 129 skid in their reveal.

Just a guess but this sled with the 129 will be the playful version as it should be able to really lift the ski's with no coupling. I am sticking with the 137 skid with ATAC

13 hours ago, Gym Ramstud said:

Your videos weird me out, Gym.  No offense.:ashamed:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, p51mstg said:

Maybe it is the new leaf spring suspension they have a patent for? Did you get to look under the sled at all?

18 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Maybe it is the new leaf spring suspension they have a patent for? Did you get to look under the sled at all?

not for 2024.
Steel arms,

Front is a normal coil over with slide action,

Rear has torsion springs  and normal looking linkage for shock, just without torque links, or coupling blocks

Edited by krom

36 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Not very much.  Both 129 and 137 skids looked the same to me from a distance.  I'm not sure why the mechanics volunteered the information that they were working on the skids with and without coupling blocks, but that's all they'd say.

So much for anyone hoping cat would lower prices for 24'.  More than doo across the board.  catalyst is $1K more? thunderwinder is $2K more? 

That sucks cuz no way in hell that fucking ancient 07' in our group, that is always in need of fuel, will get replaced for yet another year....  

• Gold Member
20 minutes ago, jdsky said:

So much for anyone hoping cat would lower prices for 24'.  More than doo across the board.  catalyst is $1K more? thunderwinder is $2K more? 

That sucks cuz no way in hell that fucking ancient 07' in our group, that is always in need of fuel, will get replaced for yet another year....  

I’m sure some people will pay up for the catalyst being it’s the new thing. 22k for a Thundercat lol. My bud wants to upgrade his 20 winder for a new one I sent him a screenshot of the Thundercat price he said he’ll keep riding his 20 he paid 14k for new.

41 minutes ago, jdsky said:

I am waiting to see what the snow check program is to compare pricing 

23 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m sure some people will pay up for the catalyst being it’s the new thing. 22k for a Thundercat lol. My bud wants to upgrade his 20 winder for a new one I sent him a screenshot of the Thundercat price he said he’ll keep riding his 20 he paid 14k for new.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

That's also what I paid for my 20'.  What's the new yamacat going to be?  $25K?  At least I'm not riding the most expensive brand anymore.  Cat definitely decided to lead just with high prices. 

Will be interesting to see what Poo does on the pricing side.  Now that they know what the competition is doing they could easily undercut everyone and drive a lot of Spring orders.  They had the most leftover sleds at my dealers so might not be a bad strategy for them.   

30 minutes ago, jdsky said:

That's also what I paid for my 20'.  What's the new yamacat going to be?  $25K?  At least I'm not riding the most expensive brand anymore.  Cat definitely decided to lead just with high prices. 

Will be interesting to see what Poo does on the pricing side.  Now that they know what the competition is doing they could easily undercut everyone and drive a lot of Spring orders.  They had the most leftover sleds at my dealers so might not be a bad strategy for them.   

The doo xc race sled is 1000 less than the rxc this year msrp. With the 750 dollar rebate it puts it well under 15k 

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

Which Ski Doo compares to the Catalyst - MXZ-X, Blizzard or Adrenaline?

I can't imagine being new to the sport, traying to order a new sled - the model numbers are confusing as hell (all manufacturers, to a certain extent)