Check your account email address ×

2024 Sleds... what's coming

1 hour ago, jdsky said:

So much for anyone hoping cat would lower prices for 24'.  More than doo across the board.  catalyst is $1K more? thunderwinder is $2K more? 

That sucks cuz no way in hell that fucking ancient 07' in our group, that is always in need of fuel, will get replaced for yet another year....  

The $600 difference between the competition package and RXC is to make up for the 6 candle power headlight and 2003 front end geometry.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The doo xc race sled is 1000 less than the rxc this year msrp. With the 750 dollar rebate it puts it well under 15k 

Which sled is that?  I'm having a really hard time figuring out what compares to what.

I remember when I bought my 21 Riot, I tried to compare a Polaris Assault.  The problem is, Cat did some things that were different.  If you just bought them straight off the web site, they were close in price,  However, The cat had a painted tunnel and a few other little goodies that Polaris charged for.  To get an apples to apples comparison, the Cat was about $3,000 cheaper, and that was one of my deciding factors.

I'm not sure this year, it would take more time than I'm willing to devote to it to get a true comparison.  Hopefully, someone that's more familiar with Ski Doo's lineup can get much closer in a shorter period of time than I could.

Thunder winder with eps, and atac shocks is still cheaper and faster than a not the top of the line boost.  (and if you think its close performance wise $600 will put the 998 up to 270 hp on pump gas, a number no pump gas boost can touch)

Edited by krom

17 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

Krommer is involved. Came off a hard cleaning case. Lots of ammonia inhalation went on there.

unlike the windsheild washing fluid you drink ? 

17 hours ago, krom said:

Per update powerpoint, intake system (from outside of hood, to throttle bodies) drops from 12 on the G2 pieces to 7 on the Catalyst.

129" skid doesn't have torque links, or coupling blocks fwiw

like you would know.

My kawasaki dealer said they are coming out with something called the synergist , it will be a supercharged greasy triple with leaf springs but it wont matter because I dont drive over 35 so I stay safe and alive 

• Haha 1

Imagine if Cat fit the 998 into the Catalyst...
However, I stand by my initial guess, 880cc to 920cc with an optional turbo.

I can see Cat keeping the updated Pro-Cross around for touring and other basic sleds for a couple years, but will Yamaha be happy running the old chassis past 2024?

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Imagine if Cat fit the 998 into the Catalyst...
However, I stand by my initial guess, 880cc to 920cc with an optional turbo.

I can see Cat keeping the updated Pro-Cross around for touring and other basic sleds for a couple years, but will Yamaha be happy running the old chassis past 2024?

1 hour ago, krom said:

Thunder winder with eps, and atac shocks is still cheaper and faster than a not the top of the line boost.  (and if you think its close performance wise $600 will put the 998 up to 270 hp on pump gas, a number no pump gas boost can touch)

Thundercat with EPS is such a cool sled.  It's gloriously smooth and powerful at the same time.  This is the snowmobile equivalent of an F-4 Phantom II.  When they start hitting the used market, I may need to finally get one.

Next week, we'll know where Polaris stands on price.  By the time people can compare Doo-Poo-Cat on price, both Doo and Cat will be sold out (Doo is probably already very close, I don't know?).

Those that say prices will remain high are right, assuming everyone sells out of their spring orders - it's supply and demand, plain and simple.  I'll be they do sell out.

And, that's bad.  It's bad for us veteran snowmobilers who want to upgrade, but it's really bad for our sport.  If manufacturers can't make too many sleds, then there aren't any sitting at dealers next fall in time for Christmas and none of the new sledders will be able to buy them.  The sport's not going to grow, and new people will be priced out of the market until manufacturers overbuild.

Man those 07' phazer 500 4 strokes were absolute fucking garbage handling sleds.  A rider in our group had to rent one and I hopped on it just for shits.  The shittiest handling thing ever and that anemic 4 stroke motor just made it worse.  He took it back to the rental place that same day.  Not riding at all was better than riding that thing. 

• Thanks 1