Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

19 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

In their defense the M has basically the same clutching I put in my RXC to make it right and probably needs the lighter weights at altitude to rev.

For sure. Clutching could be a huge factor here.

That said, with one on order, I'm officially worried I'm not going to be happy with the sled. Cat has to get this right.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

I just did a quick look at the 18 ctech dyno charts and the 858 makes a few more hp at 7k. I'm thinking that it's not necessarily underpowered it's just slower to rev because of the longer stroke. From watching the snowest vid it seems like it'll be a great trail motor with good corner to corner pull and topend. I'm sure with some clutching/pipe changes the aftermarket can get it a bit snappier for the tree riders

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Explain what is different with the crank, and how that would change anything at all, with how the engine runs, or feels to the rider

Textron fired several of the experienced calibration guys when they took over, for a while there was 1 person heading engine calibration of dirt, and snow.  They also fired an long time experienced calibration guy during the last round of firing engineering staff.

Dynotech ran the engine to see how much HP it makes, because that's what everyone cares about on a new big engine.  If no one cared about HP 440 fanners would be the biggest selling category.  If you want test for throttle response and low end performance, you sure can.

Listening to the snowest guys, you could hear the disappointment, they all seemed to make excuses for it

They ran it on the dyno because that's what they do, they dyno sleds.

The snowest gripe was not about HP.  They said HP was good.  So the dyno chasers can rest easy.

Definitely disappointed.  They gave the caveat that it's preproduction and likely not final but it's what they had to test and it's all they can comments about.  Which is fair.

Snowest rode the 858 during the media snow shoot, which was late February.  They said they felt rushed, not enough time to give it a good review.  The harder they tried to explain what they didn't like about it, the less clear it was, which makes me think it's probably clutching - that's where the Catalyst voodoo is, as so many have struggled with this winter.  Even Speedwerx hasn't figured it out yet.

Their skepticism wasn't enough to sway me, I think it'll be a good engine, especially for trail and crossover riders.

On the other hand, if I'd been a mountain rider with a 2024 M600, I'd keep it, put a turbo on it this summer and see what Cat announces at Hay Days.

24 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Snowest rode the 858 during the media snow shoot, which was late February.  They said they felt rushed, not enough time to give it a good review.  The harder they tried to explain what they didn't like about it, the less clear it was, which makes me think it's probably clutching - that's where the Catalyst voodoo is, as so many have struggled with this winter.  Even Speedwerx hasn't figured it out yet.

Their skepticism wasn't enough to sway me, I think it'll be a good engine, especially for trail and crossover riders.

On the other hand, if I'd been a mountain rider with a 2024 M600, I'd keep it, put a turbo on it this summer and see what Cat announces at Hay Days.

Episode 2 they said said it pulled over so hard they would consider buying one with electric start.  They also said it took 2 pulls to start, every time.  Which is weird as all prior cat laydown engines I've experienced start on the first pull, unless it hasn't run in days.

They also rated it as "heavier feeling while riding" than doo, or poo, and spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out why ac won't build a normal skid with 2 rails for it, (that question gets asked all the time)

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Premium said:

For sure. Clutching could be a huge factor here.

That said, with one on order, I'm officially worried I'm not going to be happy with the sled. Cat has to get this right.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Whoever does the color schemes for cat needs to be fired. I thought the 70 shades of green bullshit was done after 2019 or so. The thing looks awful like that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Whoever does the color schemes for cat needs to be fired. I thought the 70 shades of green bullshit was done after 2019 or so. The thing looks awful like that

Wish they'd pick a green and stay with it.

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Wish they'd pick a green and stay with it.

It’s insane. The medium green is nice so run it. Or have different greens on different trim packages but stop mixing them

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

It’s insane. The medium green is nice so run it. Or have different greens on different trim packages but stop mixing them

The ATAC uses medium and Apple. Looks great! Sno Pro is all medium. You all sound like a bunch of old hags, worrying about color. Stupid fucks!

5 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

The ATAC uses medium and Apple. Looks great! Sno Pro is all medium. You all sound like a bunch of old hags, worrying about color. Stupid fucks!

It looks fucking awful but you’d never admit that or you might have to take your arctic cat butt plug out.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

It looks fucking awful but you’d never admit that or you might have to take your arctic cat butt plug out.

You have no taste, being you act like an old lady. Buy the sno Pro. One green. You want to see butt ugly? Go look at them over priced poo's. There are some combinations that would cause a mother to post abort.

Cat has used those combinations forever btw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

You have no taste, being you act like an old lady. Buy the sno Pro. One green. You want to see butt ugly? Go look at them over priced poo's. There are some combinations that would cause a mother to post abort.

This is one sexy looking weapon.

2024 Polaris 600 Cross Country | Polaris Snowmobiles

• Haha 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. That is one God Awful looking sled!

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

What combination of medium green and shit brindle green has cat used besides the 17s?

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Sled looks wicked especially with only one shade of each color

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. That is one God Awful looking sled!

Smartest thing you posted in months. 

I'm a fan of the red/white/blue. Is that one on marketplace? The pic looks familiar 

26 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

What combination of medium green and shit brindle green has cat used besides the 17s?

2015 LXR. 2018 ES. Had both. 

16 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I'm a fan of the red/white/blue. Is that one on marketplace? The pic looks familiar 

Just the marketing photo from the Gargler.  

12 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

2015 LXR. 2018 ES. Had both. 

2015 XF LXR most definately did not have Medium Green on it.  That is what is on my 19 and 20 RXC's and it is much brighter then the 2015 LXR in the trailer.