Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

9 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

Cat still using shitty metal in clutches. Wrong alloy that cant handle heat cycling

Or they could put decent clutching in them so they don’t creat a shit ton of unnecessary heat. Probably the root cause 

Edited by Not greg b
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Or they could put decent clutching in them so they don’t creat a shit ton of unnecessary heat. Probably the root cause 

Yea when I first saw the picture that’s exactly what I thought.  Figured it was overheated sheaves from massive amounts of belt slip.  Either way it’s been a pattern for MANY years with cat. Cracked clutch sheaves and shit clutching with lots of belt dust.  I remember taking a clutch to dealer 10-15 years ago for sheave cracked 

Edited by jonlafon1

24 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yea when I first saw the picture that’s exactly what I thought.  Figured it was overheated sheaves from massive amounts of belt slip.  Either way it’s been a pattern for MANY years with cat. Cracked clutch sheaves and shit clutching with lots of belt dust.  I remember taking a clutch to dealer 10-15 years ago for sheave cracked 

AC had a recall for it a little before my time, late 90's maybe 2000?

• Like 1

How badly are the shit clutching racer only gearing sleds going to get beaten today?  not just in MN either, rumor has it they're going to run a couple in MI as well.

If he isn't drunk and sitting in a bar by lunchtime @Not greg b might be able to confirm.

1 hour ago, krom said:

AC had a recall for it a little before my time, late 90's maybe 2000?

They had one in 1992 for excessive clutch heat...The fix was to cut a hole in the front of the clutch cover...lol...Click on the pic for a closer view...

00r0r_6gI1hU95RZ9z_0CI0lM_600x450.jpg

Edited by SlugsOnSleds

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

How badly are the shit clutching racer only gearing sleds going to get beaten today?  not just in MN either, rumor has it they're going to run a couple in MI as well.

If he isn't drunk and sitting in a bar by lunchtime @Not greg b might be able to confirm.

I’m on the couch with the Flu but apparently the 3 catalysts in the pro class out here today all pulled off the track in the first heat

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Palu49 said:

I’m on the couch with the Flu but apparently the 3 catalysts in the pro class out here today all pulled off the track in the first heat

Same here…shit really sucks.

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Was too lazy to go down there. Not sure what they did.

28 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Was too lazy to go down there. Not sure what they did.

watching and fast forwarding the Vintage WC from ER today atm... there's 12 spectators there and a lot of lawn

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm so bored... I'm looking at ice racing parts for the Enigma

I have switched to drinking beer. I swung up to Norman county and I am waiting on zr6000 to come home and hang out 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have switched to drinking beer. I swung up to Norman county and I am waiting on zr6000 to come home and hang out 

inventory the gravel and adjust his shocks

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I am going borrow some of his gravel to freshen up my snowmobile trail for next weekend 

Bring a shovel and prove residence. I will hook you up to the best sand made.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

How it started….and how it ended. 

Not the debut we had hoped for with the Catalyst mod. Started the day P7, and felt we had a good running race setup. All day we fought with clutching and suspension issues. The decision was made to park it around lap 225 after the sled kept dropping to 1 cylinder. 

Thank you to all of our awesome sponsors and crew who make it happen every season. We will be back after summer break to give it another go!

Arctic Cat - Snowmobiles
Woody's Traction
Fly Racing
UA Local 85
Speedwerx
Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings
Rox Speed FX, Inc.
Energy Concepts
Fairgrove Oil and Propane ( Sunoco Race Fuels)
139designs
VS3 Suspension
Carver Performance

IMG_2592.jpegIMG_2593.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Try switching to washer fluid.  He'll come out to hang fast.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

How it started….and how it ended. 

Not the debut we had hoped for with the Catalyst mod. Started the day P7, and felt we had a good running race setup. All day we fought with clutching and suspension issues. The decision was made to park it around lap 225 after the sled kept dropping to 1 cylinder. 

Thank you to all of our awesome sponsors and crew who make it happen every season. We will be back after summer break to give it another go!

Arctic Cat - Snowmobiles
Woody's Traction
Fly Racing
UA Local 85
Speedwerx
Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings
Rox Speed FX, Inc.
Energy Concepts
Fairgrove Oil and Propane ( Sunoco Race Fuels)
139designs
VS3 Suspension
Carver Performance

IMG_2592.jpegIMG_2593.jpeg

What a hunk of shit. I can see why they didn’t provide sleds to racers for the Iron Dog, they’d have never made it even 500 miles.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Wait, you mean Norman County Moonshine isn't Coors Light?

No that’s water for the children. When they hit the age 15 they graduate from that to blue washer fluid. When they hit 21 they can get the full loaded purple washer fluid 

• Haha 1