Check your account email address ×

Cadillac Escalade V

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

One thing I don't like about the 10spd is it is constantly shifting, just the slightest movement on the gas pedal and it's shifting. I found that annoying 

Towing maybe. When not towing, not at all.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Towing maybe. When not towing, not at all.

I had one for a couple days when my truck was in for recalls, I felt it did it not towing, I had my truck back before I had to put the trailer on, so I don't know about towing.

33 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

It sucks down the gas with a trailer on though.  my riding buddy has the 3.5 EB, he's in the 9's with a clam shell trailer and 2 sleds where I'm in the 14-15 with the same..

I just hate the front door windows on Ford trucks, that stupid dip down just ruins the lines of the truck, looks hideous 

Yes they are thirsty with any load

27 minutes ago, ACE said:

6.2 10 speed is better 

Maybe ....but the ecoboost is right there I’m sure. It’s certainly not a bad option although the 6.2 is impressive all around. I’d own one , I’ve just never towed with one 

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2022 at 7:55 PM, ACE said:

And it’s a $1000 pool from Costco I’m no BMW high roller 

So you bought early . I saw that one on clearance last week for like 550 . Dose it have the woodgrain on it ? 

I thought about it to slap up at some land I have just to keep the dog out of my hair for hrs at a time when I am working 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Can you pull a 30 foot camper with a BMW? 

My ML63 towed 100x better than my Escalade when it was stock.  No brakes, shitty steering, hugely underpowered...it was awful.  Wheelbase is shorter on the Benz but it was still so much fucking better.  Shocking how bad the GM was.

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Vvvvvvv

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

My ML63 towed 100x better than my Escalade when it was stock.  No brakes, shitty steering, hugely underpowered...it was awful.  Wheelbase is shorter on the Benz but it was still so much fucking better.  Shocking how bad the GM was.

:owned: 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, ACE said:

Seems to me that people who think the EB is impressive are coming from a 5.4 Ford which is one under performing piece of shit 

Two cousins have 3.5 eb.

One blew the motor. Second is smoking on start up and is a fuel pig.

I wouldn't own an eb out of warranty.

I forgot how many professional automotive internet know it alls there are around here. 

The Escalade V is rowdy and a ball to drive. But I’d never own one and I’m bummed that engine didn’t make it into a ZR2 Silverado or AT4X Sierra. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Two cousins have 3.5 eb.

One blew the motor. Second is smoking on start up and is a fuel pig.

I wouldn't own an eb out of warranty.

The fuel mileage thing is really bizarre. I bought mine brand new and traded it with 28k miles. It never got good mileage. My dad has one that’s just about to turn 200k miles and it’s been an awesome truck and routinely gets excellent mileage. Very strange 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ACE said:

They even put the big ass blower on it 

GM treats the Escalade better than the Camero lol

The ZL-1 has the big motor in it. Still one of my fav chebbys ever.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What part is owned ? A ml63 is a amg Benz not a BMW.  But Cary on 

Also I will never own another gm in my life all shit imho 

You don’t think an X5 will pull a damper? 

• Gold Member
11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Not saying the ML63 doesnt tow good but dont really get why you think the Caddy is so bad . Unpowered? With a Whipple? or you talking when it was stock? 

Brakes and steering I can understand being worse. 

FFD10C86-B498-414E-9565-CE897167E9E5.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Since I have zero inclination to own a camper, it is a moot point. Also the fact I didn't buy it to tow, I bought it for fun.

Conversely. it will tow everything I own, the biggest being a 7k trailer with The General on it. But again, I own a truck for that.

Now I ask you, can the 'Burban pull a +.95g?

Can it go 174?

11 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I put over 250,000 miles on an ML500 and then a ML550.  Awesome vehicles, sleeper hotrods.  I towed a 7x14 enclosed with two sleds like it wasnt even there.  I really wanted a 63, but it just wasnt in the cards.  Just picked this GLE 350 up for the wife last week.  The new tech shit is amazing, forward facing nav camera on a big screen, self park, voice control of most anything.  Unfortunately its got a little 4 banger so I doubt I’ll be doing much towing with it.  Goes alot better than I thought it would.  Big believer in MB products, overbuilt and reliable.

FFFFA756-97CC-44A5-9D30-2A00E3408AC1.jpeg