Check your account email address ×

Cadillac Escalade V

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

donk-contest-slab.gif

22's... :lolz:

so you removed the speed limiter, but don't have any sort of speed rated tires for sustained high speed driving?   you do know what a speed rated tire is right?

no lights, 16 has the spotlight which is handy for shining critters, scaring unsuspecting friends and watching left lane speeders nose dive under braking when I'm in the right lane.  :)

those are 30s on that Camaro you fucking goof

Newer Escalades come stock with 22s 

And if you had half a brain you would realize every 22" tire for our trucks 285/45/22  is no less than a 114H rated tire which is 130mph. 

Ive always had either H or V rated tires so like I said no need to worry . :thumb:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

how's the fried chicken and watermelon out there?  :lmao:

you must have nice roads with those rubber band tires

Rubber bands? 45 series ?? Now I know you dont know shit about Vehicles  :lol:

0BEF8DC4-0A03-45A5-95D4-36B9C88C3986.jpeg

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Rubber bands? 45 series ?? Now I know you dont know shit about Vehicles  :lol:

0BEF8DC4-0A03-45A5-95D4-36B9C88C3986.jpeg

yup, 36 years of professionally knowing nothing about cars or trucks

looks like a real 'performance' tire there birdy :lmao: 

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Spohn makes a quality product.  :thumbsup:

Most people don't know how well these handle for a tank.   They're stiff a/f so with 265/60/17's I doubt I'll be changing anything for dd duty.

IMG_20220910_120417903_HDR.jpg

that thing would look 10 times better without the wannabe cop light and some  18s or 20s ...:whistle:

Here is mine Winter mode 2012 18" Escalade wheels and All terrains before I jacked it back up. 

94EB7210-EFBC-4FCE-BA90-544FC1537645.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup, 36 years of professionally knowing nothing about cars or trucks

looks like a real 'performance' tire there birdy :lmao: 

BF Goodrich T/A's this time Im on gravel roads more now so I ditched the street tires. 

It handles the same in my opinion , just more tire noise on highway 

Edited by EvilBird

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

that thing would look 10 times better without the wannabe cop light and some  18s or 20s ...:whistle:

Here is mine Winter mode 2012 18" Escalade wheels and All terrains. 

94EB7210-EFBC-4FCE-BA90-544FC1537645.jpeg

get some bags and ditch the I'll carolina squat and racoon shining headlight angle ffs... https://www.airliftcompany.com/ 

makes a good difference on them, then read about the stuff @Deephaven and I have done.  you can make these land barges so much better with some simple mods like PPV or Hotchkiss sways, Spohn, springs, etc.  

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

BF Goodwhich T/A's this time Im on gravel roads more now so I ditched the street tires. 

It handles the same in my opinion , just more tire noise on highway 

terrain tires, I get it.  have had good luck with long trail T/A's on the crusty old (looks like a pile of shit) Hoe for summer rubber but run true winters in 'winter' because I value stopping and turning and 2wd.   :crazy:

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

get some bags and ditch the I'll carolina squat and racoon shining headlight angle ffs... https://www.airliftcompany.com/ 

makes a good difference on them, then read about the stuff @Deephaven and I have done.  you can make these land barges so much better with some simple mods like PPV or Hotchkiss sways, Spohn, springs, etc.  

terrain tires, I get it.  have had good luck with long trail T/A's on the crusty old (looks like a pile of shit) Hoe for summer rubber but run true winters in 'winter' because I value stopping and turning and 2wd.   :crazy:

It used to be lowered in the back its back up now with gas shocks and HD springs . And i have the torsion cranked up... I ditched the Air bags in the back, was already on my second compressor. Rebuilt the front end last year with all new bushings lower control arms etc .Dont worry my headlights are always adjusted perfectly  

Not bad for 20 years old. 

8F3307FE-CC2E-4942-9FC6-4D803E51663C.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

It used to be lowered in the back its back up now with gas shocks and HD springs . And i have the torsion cranked up... I ditched the Air bags in the back. Rebuilt the front end last year with all new bushings lower control arms etc 

my headlights are always adjusted perfectly  

JovialSpiritedJaeger.webp

do those spin when you come to a stop? :lol:

that's my point, you actually can have them lowered within reason, handle better and still keep them load capable.

the wheel/tire to fender arch gap has gotten ludicrous on new 1/2T trucks, along with the bed rail height... s'up with dat @SayatodaU.P.eh??  you can't even rest your elbow on the bed rail of a new truck and drink a beer and need multiflex tailgates or a ladder to throw shit in the back.

k-1500-series_extended-cab-pickup_silver2006-Chevrolet-Silverado%202500%20HD%20E

2008CHE012a_640_01.png

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado%201500%20Crew%2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

JovialSpiritedJaeger.webp

do those spin when you come to a stop? :lol:

that's my point, you actually can have them lowered within reason, handle better and still keep them load capable.

the wheel/tire to fender arch gap has gotten ludicrous on new 1/2T trucks, along with the bed rail height... s'up with dat @SayatodaU.P.eh??  you can't even rest your elbow on the bed rail of a new truck and drink a beer and need multiflex tailgates or a ladder to throw shit in the back.

k-1500-series_extended-cab-pickup_silver2006-Chevrolet-Silverado%202500%20HD%20E

2008CHE012a_640_01.png

2020-Chevrolet-Silverado%201500%20Crew%2

Um those are forged Wheels . Do they look like they are spinners? 9_9 I get it your old. 

I actually like the fender gap now I did it on purpose . When I get a newer truck for a daily I actually plan on lifting the Escalade. Maybe throw some 22x12s at that point sticking way out just to piss off the boomers and lily whites like you. :thumb:

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

It used to be lowered in the back its back up now with gas shocks and HD springs . And i have the torsion cranked up... I ditched the Air bags in the back, was already on my second compressor. Rebuilt the front end last year with all new bushings lower control arms etc .Dont worry my headlights are always adjusted perfectly  

Nice Yukon.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Always loved that. When it was newer people would be like "oh a Escalade ? well its same as a Tahoe" 

Sure and a Toyota is the same as a Lexus . Just ignore the fact it has way better shit. 

Edited by EvilBird

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I had a 95 2 door full size Blazer/Tahoe with a 383 stroker . Truck hurt a lot of feelings also. 

Square bodies were nice.

What other truck hurt people's feelings?

Edited by Steve753

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Square bodies were nice.

What other truck hurt people's feelings?

My Escalade. Smokes 5.3s  . My sister has a 2016 Tahoe LTZ . ive raced my BI many times fucking around. 

Smoked my buddys 2014 Navigator also. He was pissed on that one :lol:

Havent raced a 2015+ 380hp Navi yet . im sure id lose that one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

My Escalade. Smokes 5.3s  . My sister has a 2016 Tahoe LTZ . ive raced my BI many times fucking around. 

Smoked my buddys 2014 Navigator also. He was pissed on that one :lol:

Havent raced a 2015+ 380hp Navi yet . im sure id lose that one. 

Oh I didn't know racing big heavy SUVs was a thing.

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

when you got 3 kids and had to sell your El Camino and Trans Am...yeah it happens :lol:

You should've got an X5. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

Always loved that. When it was newer people would be like "oh a Escalade ? well its same as a Tahoe" 

Sure and a Toyota is the same as a Lexus . Just ignore the fact it has way better shit. 

the Caddy get's loctite and lock washers on some bolts... WORTH IT!!! 

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

I bet my 2002 6.0 LQ9 Caddy will give @Crnr2Crnr's PPV tahoe a hell of a run. :whistle:

chrome 22s he hates and all. 

I'll take that wager as long as there is cornering and braking involved... any day of the week ;)

36 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Mine smoked X5Ms and all sorts of other shit....although that is not why I built it.  Fun though.

Impossible!!!

the Caddy get's loctite and lock washers on some bolts... WORTH IT!!! 

I'll take that wager as long as there is cornering and braking involved... any day of the week ;)

I'm game, can I keep my trailer on just for kicks??

• Like 1