Check your account email address ×

Wave of real estate foreclosures coming?

I think real estate might stay fairly strong for the foreseeable future.

Unbelievably, the economy is not really doing that bad.

Unemployment is fairly low. 

The stock market tanked about 17% in the last couple months, but is coming back.

I think if and when this UKRAINE situation is resolved, at least the nuclear threat diminished, the economy will keep on truckin'. But who knows what could happen, in this country.  

• Platinum Contributing Member

Where does personal debt stand?

3 ingridiants of a recessiopn are

an overinflated housing market

high energy costs

exploding personal debt.

That being said , this time around there were far less dead beats buying homes. The inventory just wasnt there.

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Where does personal debt stand?

3 ingridiants of a recessiopn are

an overinflated housing market

high energy costs

exploding personal debt.

That being said , this time around there were far less dead beats buying homes. The inventory just wasnt there.

Well we have a trifecta!

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I think real estate might stay fairly strong for the foreseeable future.

Unbelievably, the economy is not really doing that bad.

Unemployment is fairly low. 

The stock market tanked about 17% in the last couple months, but is coming back.

I think if and when this UKRAINE situation is resolved, at least the nuclear threat diminished, the economy will keep on truckin'. But who knows what could happen, in this country.  

For such a baller like yourself, I would have figured you would know how much the dow has lost and your 17% figure is almost doubled reality. 

Go back to your bag of dicks and stay in your lane.

• Haha 2

around here the real estate people are sitting around doing nothing. literally not one available home. nothing. we are 100 miles above nyc, and they came in droves. bought every last piece of shit there was. now making them in to mansions. guy from jersey bought a cat shit infested rat on my road for 65k. it was originally at auction, started at 5k and no bids. boy did times change

Real estate in our area doesn't stay long on the market and even the shitholes are selling. A developer bought some waterfront on a nearby lake and sofar 4 out of the 6 homes/cottages have sold for $4.5 +mil each. Seems like there's no shortage of money for some. I'm listing my house with 2.2 acres for $799,900 and testing the market. 

The housing market has been insane and you can chalk it up to the same things that lead to the last crash. With hyper inflation and food shortages looming alot of things are going to get wrecked. Also the fed wants to raise interest up to 2 points in the next year. If the economy crashes we can blame ourselves. 

• Like 1

LOL   foreclosures are significanly insignificant and anyone being foreclosed on owns a complete POS or is a complete fucktard given most markets selling in minutes and these people having had their homes for over 2 years with a 10+% appreciation per year.  

17 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

around here the real estate people are sitting around doing nothing. literally not one available home. nothing. we are 100 miles above nyc, and they came in droves. bought every last piece of shit there was. now making them in to mansions. guy from jersey bought a cat shit infested rat on my road for 65k. it was originally at auction, started at 5k and no bids. boy did times change

TBH this is the overall worst market i have ever seen.  I do mortgage lending and have done so for 30 years,  with rates high there are no refinances,  with no inventory no purchases.   1/5 the normal amount of homes for sale in my market right now.  March/April is when we start seeing inventory come on and it's trickling but buyers are getting pissed and starting to say fuck it we are not going to bother.  now they will change their mind if there is inventory but it's awful.  i'll lose money Q1 and looking at pipline Q2 this year.   

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

LOL   foreclosures are significanly insignificant and anyone being foreclosed on owns a complete POS or is a complete fucktard given most markets selling in minutes and these people having had their homes for over 2 years with a 10+% appreciation per year.  

We should quote this swamp banker and circle back in one year...