Check your account email address ×

2023 Congrats Cat guys you got new stickers.

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, ACE said:

Disappointing but understandable considering the the circumstances 

Understandable is limiting production to deliver on time.   Its not understandable to continue to basically give up on innovation.   I really like Cat's chassis but its time to step it up or they will be outsold right out of the business and none of us want that.   I would buy a higher HP cat 2 smoke in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Understandable is limiting production to deliver on time.   Its not understandable to continue to basically give up on innovation.   I really like Cat's chassis but its time to step it up or they will be outsold right out of the business and none of us want that.   I would buy a higher HP cat 2 smoke in a heartbeat. 

They needed a 900 twin for sure. Really that’s all they needed to do, and even limit supply a lot of they had to 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

They needed a 900 twin for sure. Really that’s all they needed to do, and even limit supply a lot of they had to 

Yep.   Would have sold old every single one in a matter of hours. 

At this point, they are positioning themselves out of business.
IMHO it would have been better to have a new chassis with supply chain issues to generate excitement, with possibly a new 900 CTEC mill.
This strategy would pay off more in the long run and bring back more customers as it would keep interest peaked, and keep folks talking.

But Arctic Cat is no longer Arctic Cat, the company that never played it safe, is once again, playing it safe.
RIOTS with 1500 miles can be had 2nd hand for $9500 - $10,500 in my area.
While the new dinky 2 strokes Turbo's won't touch a ramped up 998 making 340HP, that market continues to die down as all of those boomers get older.

While it continues to be a long slow death, there is no doubt, death to Cat is coming.
Take a risk you fucking pansies.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They couldn't properly map the 800 since 2018... yet people think they could build and map an EPA approved 900?

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

They couldn't properly map the 800 since 2018... yet people think they could build and map an EPA approved 900?

:lol:

They better fucking hire Yamaha to do it for them or I'd run like hell from that.

Unless they offer something to pull in new customers, they will die. There is NOTHING that will pull in new customers. The ThunderCat and the Blast are niche products, and not mainstream enough to turn that organization around. Buying a Cat now would be nuts. You are buying a dead end product. Either from the standpoint of it being obsolete, or in terms of them no longer being a viable snowmobile manufacturer. 

This was precisely the reason that I jumped ship a year ago. I'm sorry- only a fool would buy a '23 Procross...... BAD investment (not that ANY toys are a good investment)....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Unless they offer something to pull in new customers, they will die. There is NOTHING that will pull in new customers. The ThunderCat and the Blast are niche products, and not mainstream enough to turn that organization around. Buying a Cat now would be nuts. You are buying a dead end product. Either from the standpoint of it being obsolete, or in terms of them no longer being a viable snowmobile manufacturer. 

This was precisely the reason that I jumped ship a year ago. I'm sorry- only a fool would buy a '23 Procross...... BAD investment (not that ANY toys are a good investment)....

You're overthinking the hell out of this.

I've been happy in that chassis for 5 years, and could easily go another 5.

If I got a very fair deal on a 23 Sidewinder I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Second bold: Paid $14900 for my sled... could sell it for $10-11k easily right now....

Edited by Snake

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Would've sold every 800rxc also. Simple parts bin special machine made with all existing parts. Might have to make my own this year

12 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Would've sold every 800rxc also. Simple parts bin special machine made with all existing parts. Might have to make my own this year

Yeah that does seem like a no brainer.

• Like 1

I finally like my 19rr after 3 seasons of messing with it. Last Saturday did 180 mi of fast extremely rough trail and it worked perfectly. Too bad i had to do so much to get an 800 to run/handle like it should. Stock it felt like a good running 600 and ran hot all the time

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

Simply put Cat's not trying anymore.   Really a shame they've made some awesome sleds over the years.

8 hours ago, ACE said:

Disappointing but understandable considering the the circumstances 

What circumstances the biggest demand for powersports in my life ?  Yeah  best to just lay low in the atomic explosion of demand for toys just to be safe 

.lmfao 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

What circumstances the biggest demand for powersports in my life ?  Yeah  best to just lay low in the atomic explosion of demand for toys just to be safe 

.lmfao 

Supply chains are still shit due to government and deliveries on snowmobiles are very toke sensitive 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

You're overthinking the hell out of this.

I've been happy in that chassis for 5 years, and could easily go another 5.

If I got a very fair deal on a 23 Sidewinder I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Second bold: Paid $14900 for my sled... could sell it for $10-11k easily right now....

Same. Seriously people are fucking dumb. Ski foo changes their plastics and calls it a new chassis. That’s actually embarrassing to fall for that 

they could just keep refining the procross and that be fine with me 

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

Same. Seriously people are fucking dumb. Ski foo changes their plastics and calls it a new chassis. That’s actually embarrassing to fall for that 

they could just keep refining the procross and that be fine with me 

Except the g4 is a completely different and better chassis. The procross was shit in 2012 and it’s shit today 

• Haha 1

Sad,   expected more from Arctic Cat!

Where is  R + D  did they go on vacation, with the Ski Doo hood designer..  . 

A protype for 2023 would be enthusiastic for the market, even if they only built demo's this year.