Check your account email address ×

New engine for Polaris?

I saw that earlier today, and the big debate is whether it's a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke.  My gut says 2-stroke turbo, but it's not like I've been wrong before :whistle:  All I know is, you won't see me snow checking anything until all the COVID shit, and quality control issues, get back to normal.  So who knows, maybe my '22 is the last snow check I'll ever own LOL

Any wagers on the MSRP on this thing if it's truly a 900 or a 4-stroke turbo?  $21K with it being decked out with the high end shocks and 7s?

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Doesn't sound like a 4 stroke.  Burandt and the guys who run the Carl's Cycle 900 kit claim its almost like the Poo engine was designed with a slightly bigger bore in mind.

Poo finally releasing the four stroke they have been testing for at least the last 7 years would be interesting.  If nothing else just to see how many that have said they would never own a four stroke and Poo would never sell one now riding one. 

Then I could watch the Lester's review of it stating how amazingly awesomely fantastic it is and how it is now a gamechanger for sledding without having to add oil. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Poo finally releasing the four stroke they have been testing for at least the last 7 years would be interesting.  If nothing else just to see how many that have said they would never own a four stroke and Poo would never sell one now riding one. 

Then I could watch the Lester's review of it stating how amazingly awesomely fantastic it is and how it is now a gamechanger for sledding without having to add oil. 

The Lester’s are adamant that the 900R is competitive with the thundercat which is a huge lie 

10 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Screamer!!  My dealer mentioned he was figuring they were releasing a four stroke.  Its there only hole in the offering.  Hes out riding the 2023's right now.  Should be interesting.  @Mag6240 high mileage guy like you would you make the switch to a non smoker??

I would consider it, but man, $21k!!??  For ~$5k I'll have a new motor, with everything updated and cleaned, and throw another 10k+ miles on it.  Sounds like a win for me..... I'm all for getting new, but cost is seriously becoming part of the equation - and this is coming from a guy who bought 4 used sleds north of $7k 4 of the last 5 seasons..... Those $7k sleds are asking $13-14k and above now.  

5 minutes ago, ACE said:

The Lester’s are adamant that the 900R is competitive with the thundercat which is a huge lie 

Of course it is, with the Lester's riding it!!!  Those guys have always been just fucking ridiculous. 

I could hardly watch Luke fucking gushing over the new Doo G5 saying how awesomely good that extra motor mount and foam inside the side panels changes everything.....  GMAFB.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Of course it is, with the Lester's riding it!!!  Those guys have always been just fucking ridiculous. 

I could hardly watch Luke fucking gushing over the new Doo G5 saying how awesomely good that extra motor mount and foam inside the side panels changes everything.....  GMAFB.

Yeah that shit was over the top laughable.🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jdsky said:

They suck so bad 

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Doesn't sound like a 4 stroke.  Burandt and the guys who run the Carl's Cycle 900 kit claim its almost like the Poo engine was designed with a slightly bigger bore in mind.

If you blow up the video, the pipe is obviously an expansion chamber.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

If you blow up the video, the pipe is obviously an expansion chamber.

Yep...don't need to blow it up to see that.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I saw that earlier today, and the big debate is whether it's a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke.  My gut says 2-stroke turbo, but it's not like I've been wrong before :whistle:  All I know is, you won't see me snow checking anything until all the COVID shit, and quality control issues, get back to normal.  So who knows, maybe my '22 is the last snow check I'll ever own LOL

Any wagers on the MSRP on this thing if it's truly a 900 or a 4-stroke turbo?  $21K with it being decked out with the high end shocks and 7s?

under 20 if it's just a 900 2 stroke.   the 850 turbos 21+-

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Poo has brought their MSRP's right inline with Doo so my guess is if they bring a new powerplant option it will cost the same with similar options.

My 2020 may be my last snow check although I hope not.

3 minutes ago, jdsky said:

Poo has brought their MSRP's right inline with Doo so my guess is if they bring a new powerplant option it will cost the same with similar options.

My 2020 may be my last snow check although I hope not.

My buddy built the new 850 XRS yesterday and it was $19,049 MSRP.  Generally speaking, MSRP is just a touch over what I've paid OTD in the past (and OTD I mean, literally what it costs OTD ... tax, registration, doc fees).  I'm sure with COVID, MSRP is now the starting point - add in tax, registration, doc fees, dealer setup, etc.

• Gold Member
30 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My buddy built the new 850 XRS yesterday and it was $19,049 MSRP.  Generally speaking, MSRP is just a touch over what I've paid OTD in the past (and OTD I mean, literally what it costs OTD ... tax, registration, doc fees).  I'm sure with COVID, MSRP is now the starting point - add in tax, registration, doc fees, dealer setup, etc.

I priced one out yesterday just for shits and giggles and it was 21+ online after all the additional fees and bullshit.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

I priced one out yesterday just for shits and giggles and it was 21+ online after all the additional fees and bullshit.

Crazy ... and there are people who won't even bat an eye and plop down the money for it (or finance it).  I mean, hey ... good for them!!  I'm happy for 'em.  But holy shit has this "hobby stuff" of ours gotten out of control.  Sleds over $20K and side-by-sides pushing $40K.  We've got some serious real world problems on our hands :lol2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Crazy ... and there are people who won't even bat an eye and plop down the money for it (or finance it).  I mean, hey ... good for them!!  I'm happy for 'em.  But holy shit has this "hobby stuff" of ours gotten out of control.  Sleds over $20K and side-by-sides pushing $40K.  We've got some serious real world problems on our hands :lol2:

I'm one of those idiots ready to sign on the dotted line and drop a wheelbarrow of cash off at a dealership for a sled that won't show up until February next year.  I'll ride my current sled until the new one comes in.

Even if Polaris released a 900, should I risk walking back to the truck every 2000 miles and leaving the sled at a dealer for a month while it gets fixed?

We will have to see what Cat has up their sleeves for this season.  If it's another 2012 Procross, I'm out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I'm one of those idiots ready to sign on the dotted line and drop a wheelbarrow of cash off at a dealership for a sled that won't show up until February next year.  I'll ride my current sled until the new one comes in.

Even if Polaris released a 900, should I risk walking back to the truck every 2000 miles and leaving the sled at a dealer for a month while it gets fixed?

We will have to see what Cat has up their sleeves for this season.  If it's another 2012 Procross, I'm out.

Hey now, I've gotten 10,750 miles on my '18 800 XCR so far!  Probably will be well past 12k by the end of the season.....