Check your account email address ×

Air Fryers

Who's got em and what do you like to cook in them?

Daughter picked out a 2 cannisters Ninja for Christmas for the wife.  She finally took it out of the box yesterday when I was out riding.

Figure I can pick something up to throw in it on the way home.  Everyone in our house loves chicken wings, so that's probably first on the list.

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Daughter picked out a 2 cannisters Ninja for Christmas for the wife.  She finally took it out of the box yesterday when I was out riding.

Figure I can pick something up to throw in it on the way home.  Everyone in our house loves chicken wings, so that's probably first on the list.

You know, I bought one of those Ninja's air fryer/pressure cookers and it is one of he most versitile things I have ever used.

The pressure cooker does rice in minutes, the fryer does great wings and fries, even steaks.  Lol.

You will love it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

If you're doing wings, here's a solid recommendation I had from a buddy ... and I'm glad he suggested it.  Buy a bag of the pecan smoked frozen wings (we find 'em at Wally World or Hyvee).  Absolutely fantastic!!

We don't use our air fryer all the time, but I'd say it's used at least once a week.  Whether it's a couple chicken breasts, pork chops, tots, or leftover pizza ... they work great.

• Like 1

Not a fan as of yet. Tried a few things and wasn't that happy. I am a reasonably good cook tho that has a pretty good idea how to cook the traditional ways. If you want fast probably they're ok. JMO

Edited by J. Jackson

55 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

Not a fan as of yet. Tried a few things and wasn't that happy. I am a reasonably good cook tho that has a pretty good idea how to cook the traditional ways. If you want fast probably they're ok.

I'm a traditionalist as well, but we have a new gadget to play with until it inevitably breaks.

We had the Actifry and it worked great but didn't have a big capacity. The wife picked up the Ninja with the dual baskets and returned it and picked up the T-fal with the big basket. It works good and can put more wings/fries etc in it.

20220131_151725.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We had the Actifry and it worked great but didn't have a big capacity. The wife picked up the Ninja with the dual baskets and returned it and picked up the T-fal with the big basket. It works good and can put more wings/fries etc in it.

20220131_151725.jpg

We have the smaller sized one too (it was a Christmas present) ... wish we had a little bigger basket to do more than just a smaller serving, but it works.  We can do two 1-pound chicken breasts or pork chops and fairly good servings of tots or fries.  But leftover pizza is kind of a pain in the ass and wings have to be smaller portions.  Oh well - it still does the trick.

• Like 2

• Gold Member

We got one for Christmas it works pretty good for fries and mozzarella sticks and my kids chicken nuggets. We use it a lot to reheat left over fries too they stay crispy not soggy. I’ll be using it later to reheat some left over fries from this weekend 👍.

• Like 1

Wife uses it everyday for salmon.  She just wore the one out in one year and got a new one yesterday.  She shrugged the first one off when someone got it for here for Christmas 3 years ago, sat in a box for the first 2 and used the piss out of it this past year.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wait, wtf??  Seriously?

I haven't done a steak but I will be the first to admit I've done pork chops (when I don't want to grill).  And you'd be surprised at how well they turn out - season 'em up and let 'em go.  They cook really well.

6 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I haven't done a steak but I will be the first to admit I've done pork chops (when I don't want to grill).  And you'd be surprised at how well they turn out - season 'em up and let 'em go.  They cook really well.

I suppose.  An air fryer is fundamentally just a small shitty oven, but I like my meat to be cooked as perfect as possible.

• Platinum Contributing Member
45 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Wait, wtf??  Seriously?

Yep, I was late coming home one night. I was supposed to BBQ. She got tired of waiting.

B318B47F-7713-4F2F-9294-45F5AB425281.jpeg

• Like 1