Check your account email address ×

What's for dinner???

• Gold Member
19 minutes ago, ckf said:

My mother inlaw made me a French Canadian style meat pie. It wasn't as good as my grandmother's, but she is getting close. With a little less clove it would be hard to tell the difference.

Tourtière

My Mom makes a 4th generation recipe. 

fucking love it. but ya sometime people make it a little off 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Tourtière

My Mom makes a 4th generation recipe. 

fucking love it. but ya sometime people make it a little off 

I'm just used to my grandmother's after having it for so many years. She always gave us 2 for Christmas along with a big tin of peanut butter fudge. 

Nicole still doesn't understand why I have to have a dill pickle with it. I don't either other than that is the way that is the way that my grandmother' always served it :dunno:

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Last night I seasoned a 3lb chicken and put it in the air fryer, awesome.  Some chicken rice a roni and asparagus 

It's amazing how evenly cooked they come out in the air fryer. I cooked fish in one last night and fries in the other.

:bc:

Have you tried a steak in the AF yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSR said:

Just once but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was :bc:

Have you ever tried cooking steaks right on the hot coals of a campfire?

Just now, Steve753 said:

Have you ever tried cooking steaks right on the hot coals of a campfire?

Oh yeah as kids we lived in the bush hunting fishing. Steaks on the fire and my buddy making fresh bannock to go with Mmmmmm:thumb:

Just now, HSR said:

Oh yeah as kids we lived in the bush hunting fishing. Steaks on the fire and my buddy making fresh bannock to go with Mmmmmm:thumb:

I had never done it right on the fire until this past summer and I've spent time in thee bush all over the place. We always either had some type of grill or wrapped them in tin foil. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve753 said:

I had never done it right on the fire until this past summer and I've spent time in thee bush all over the place. We always either had some type of grill or wrapped them in tin foil. 

Yes we used a grill on top of the orange coals. It was usually dark and we were drunk by then so some pretty rare steaks got eaten :bc:

Just now, HSR said:

Yes we used a grill on top of the orange coals. It was usually dark and we were drunk by then so some pretty rare steaks got eaten :bc:

Ya no I'm talking right on the hot coals. No grill. No nothing. Try it sometime.

:bc:

• Like 1