Check your account email address ×

One word you can't stand

Imminent

Nah, actually I enjoy the hell out of that word!! :lol2:

I also hate how younger people use the word LIKE to fill in every sentence of every conversation.  My kids get pissed at me when I stop them in the middle of what they're saying and interrupt them and repeat the word every time they use it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Imminent

I also hate how younger people use the word LIKE to fill in every sentence of every conversation.  My kids get pissed at me when I stop them in the middle of what they're saying and interrupt them and repeat the word every time they use it. 

That was the original valley girl speak.  I used to date this little hottie cheerleader back almost 40 years ago, and she did that uptalk "like" thing all the time.  She also "curved" the pronounciations.  Drove me fucking nuts, but the sex was good.    :lol:   "Like....you kneow?!

• Haha 2

You have me laughing ... my wife and I both joked, "Hey at least they're not throwing in a TOTALLY with their talk" (and your description is perfect with the "curved" pronunciation reference) :lol2:

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You have me laughing ... my wife and I both joked, "Hey at least they're not throwing in a TOTALLY with their talk" (and your description is perfect with the "curved" pronunciation reference) :lol2:

holy crap...forgot about part of it  "totally"......yes that was annoying as fuck.  :lol:  That girl I used to date is a college professor now, I wonder if she still talks that way.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but I came across the quote below and it reminded me of this topic.

"And I just like ran up to her and gave her a big hug," said Reese McCauley, Isabella's sister. "I was like so pumped for her. That’s like the coolest experience."

The quote is in reference to a young lady (Isabella McCauley) qualifying for the Women's US Open, as a high school Junior here in MN.  And to be fair, the quote is coming from her younger sister but still ... drives me nuts with the inability to form a sentence without using the word LIKE.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, Big Crappie said:

"like new"

so it's new?

no but it's like new

so it isn't new?

no but it's like new

if it's not brand fucking spanking new in the fucking box how is it like new?

lol

<2 year old sled with a cracked up hood, tweaked bars, ripped seat, lugs missing, chunk of windshield missing, etc>

"That's normal for any used snowmobile"

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2021 at 8:48 AM, Bontz said:

Imminent

I agree, went in a diner one afternoon, I ordered and was sitting there looking out the window and I see this beautiful girl walking in with her boyfriend, they sit 1 table away with her facing me, she is built like you can't believe and wearing a tight half shirt and short shorts, I think that lucky guy until she starts talking. I stopped counting at 150 times she said LIKE, almost every other word was LIKE.  My waitress came over and said would you LIKE your pie now or would you LIKE to have it to go and smiled, I said I would LIKE it to go. When I got up to pay I could see the other waitresses standing by the kitchen doors and they were all smiling, after I paid the waitress followed me into the breezeway, she said sorry about that, but that girl comes in everyday at about 2 o'clock, our slow time and we love to watch the other customers faces after she says like 100 times a minute, she then told me she didn't charge me for the pie.

• Haha 1