Check your account email address ×

As economy spikes, Republicans are still waiting for the 'Biden depression' that Trump predicted

As economy spikes, Republicans are still waiting for the 'Biden depression' that Trump predicted

David J. Lynch 4 hrs ago 

Throughout last year’s campaign, President Donald Trump issued a series of increasingly dark predictions about what would happen if Joe Biden were elected. “If he gets in, you will have a depression the likes of which you’ve never seen. Your 401(k)s will go to hell and it’ll be a very, very sad day for this country,” Trump said in the Oct. 22 candidate debate. 

Instead, the rebounding economy is headed for its best year since 1984, according to the International Monetary Fund. The U.S. economy likely expanded in the first quarter at an annual rate of 6 percent and should accelerate in the months ahead, economist Ian Shepherdson of Pantheon Macroeconomics told clients this week. More than 1.3 million jobs have been added since the election. 

By Trump’s preferred metric — the stock market — Biden is outperforming his predecessor at this stage of his presidency. Last summer, the Republican said stock values would “collapse” under Biden. But through Thursday, the Dow Jones industrial average was up nearly 16 percent since Nov. 7, when the Democrat was declared the apparent election winner, compared with a 10.5 percent gain over a similar period following Trump’s election. 

“There wasn’t much behind President Trump’s predictions other than aspirations that he’d be reelected,” said economist Michael Strain of the American Enterprise Institute. 

more/NO PAYWALL 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-economy-spikes-republicans-are-still-waiting-for-the-biden-depression-that-trump-predicted/ar-BB1fX3wZ 

Absent a covid wave of destruction summer is setting up to be insanely busy. But this isn't because of biden just like it wasn't because if trump it's because of insane govt spending. I'll take it tho!

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Hell, everyone is still waiting on a State of the Union speech also but poor old Joe has a hard time stringing words together let alone sentences 

We waited over a year for trumps first State it the Union, did you bitch about that also?

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

David J. Lynch 4 hrs ago 

Throughout last year’s campaign, President Donald Trump issued a series of increasingly dark predictions about what would happen if Joe Biden were elected. “If he gets in, you will have a depression the likes of which you’ve never seen. Your 401(k)s will go to hell and it’ll be a very, very sad day for this country,” Trump said in the Oct. 22 candidate debate. 

Instead, the rebounding economy is headed for its best year since 1984, according to the International Monetary Fund. The U.S. economy likely expanded in the first quarter at an annual rate of 6 percent and should accelerate in the months ahead, economist Ian Shepherdson of Pantheon Macroeconomics told clients this week. More than 1.3 million jobs have been added since the election. 

By Trump’s preferred metric — the stock market — Biden is outperforming his predecessor at this stage of his presidency. Last summer, the Republican said stock values would “collapse” under Biden. But through Thursday, the Dow Jones industrial average was up nearly 16 percent since Nov. 7, when the Democrat was declared the apparent election winner, compared with a 10.5 percent gain over a similar period following Trump’s election. 

“There wasn’t much behind President Trump’s predictions other than aspirations that he’d be reelected,” said economist Michael Strain of the American Enterprise Institute. 

more/NO PAYWALL 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/as-economy-spikes-republicans-are-still-waiting-for-the-biden-depression-that-trump-predicted/ar-BB1fX3wZ 

Biden’s policies outside of Keystone and no new drill haven’t taken affect. Look at energy prices since he made these changes. 

If Biden gets his tax increases, green new deal climate shit the economy will crash. 

the current economy still has the Trump tax cuts. 

plus how much money have they injected into the economy under Biden? Plus blue states are finally opening back up. 

side note I hope the economy stays strong. Unlike useless fucks you MC I’m not rooting for our demise 

Edited by jtssrx

6 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Regardless who is president, there’s a day of reckoning coming. 

Here’s the common sense reply in the thread. That’s gotta chap the ass of the guys who have AFJDS. 

• Like 1

This economy had better stay booming, housing in particular right now....until I dump my existing speculations.  I want cheap land, materials and labor again!  Is this wrong and selfish?  Shit...am I turning librul!  :lol: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SSFB said:

Here’s the common sense reply in the thread. That’s gotta chap the ass of the guys who have AFJDS. 

Why would that chap anyones ass?  I've known Greg on the boards for over 20 years, he just says contrarian shit to be edgy.  He worked in a field drenched with liberals.  He can't help it if most of the time he's full of shit.  :lol: 

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This economy had better stay booming, housing in particular right now....until I dump my existing speculations.  I want cheap land, materials and labor again!  Is this wrong and selfish?  Shit...am I turning librul!  :lol: 

Money is cheap, housing market is on fire largely because of it.  It won't last forever, I'm counting the days until we get rid of our rental properties.  Then I'm investing it all in a llama farm!  :shitstorm:  :lol: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Why would that chap anyones ass?  I've known Greg on the boards for over 20 years, he just says contrarian shit to be edgy.  He worked in a field drenched with liberals.  He can't help it if most of the time he's full of shit.  :lol: 

There's a reason I call the libertarians, "liberaltarians".  Seems like a lot of crafty, contrarian rhetoric by people that believe their group is like a fucking Mensa society.  Pffft.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Money is cheap, housing market is on fire largely because of it.  It won't last forever, I'm counting the days until we get rid of our rental properties.  Then I'm investing it all in a llama farm!  :shitstorm:  :lol: 

Is llama good tasting?  

9 hours ago, SSFB said:

"I'll fly in hard and fast, you come along and do cleanup"

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

*cough*racerdumb*cough*

"Roger."

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

There's a reason I call the libertarians, "liberaltarians".  Seems like a lot of crafty, contrarian rhetoric by people that believe their group is like a fucking Mensa society.  Pffft.

Is llama good tasting?  

I have no idea.  All I could come up with on short notice  :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

If just plain old Adults were running things we wouldn't have these boom bust cycles.   

But that's exactly what we have. OLD people running things. Spent their whole lives fucking things up.