Check your account email address ×

My daughter brought home a new friend

f7ben

Here’s where it can get tricky. My SIL was in complete denial that her daughter was gay. We figured it out when she was around 13. My SIL doesn’t have a problem with gays,just didn’t think she was. You could tell her boy friend was gay and the whole thing was a sham.  My Niece had her friend spend the night a few times a week. My wife kept dropping hints that this wasn’t a good idea. Well the SIL walked in on my niece and her “ best friend “.  No more sleep overs. I think she was around 15 at the time. Everything is fine now and she came out of the closet shortly after.  We believe she was hiding it because of kids at school. 

Edited by Woodtick

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Here’s where it can get tricky. My SIL was in complete denial that her daughter was gay. We figured it out when she was around 13. My SIL doesn’t have a problem with gays,just didn’t think she was. You could tell he boy friend was gay and the whole thing was a sham.  My Niece had her friend spend the night a few times a week. My wife kept dropping hints that this wasn’t a good idea. Well the SIL walked in on my niece and her “ best friend “.  No more sleep overs. I think she was around 15 at the time. Everything is fine now and she came out of the closet shortly after.  We believe she was hiding it because of kids at school. 

I'm a lesbian.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Here’s where it can get tricky. My SIL was in complete denial that her daughter was gay. We figured it out when she was around 13. My SIL doesn’t have a problem with gays,just didn’t think she was. You could tell her boy friend was gay and the whole thing was a sham.  My Niece had her friend spend the night a few times a week. My wife kept dropping hints that this wasn’t a good idea. Well the SIL walked in on my niece and her “ best friend “.  No more sleep overs. I think she was around 15 at the time. Everything is fine now and she came out of the closet shortly after.  We believe she was hiding it because of kids at school. 

Everyone is supportive when its not one of their own.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Here’s where it can get tricky. My SIL was in complete denial that her daughter was gay. We figured it out when she was around 13. My SIL doesn’t have a problem with gays,just didn’t think she was. You could tell he boy friend was gay and the whole thing was a sham.  My Niece had her friend spend the night a few times a week. My wife kept dropping hints that this wasn’t a good idea. Well the SIL walked in on my niece and her “ best friend “.  No more sleep overs. I think she was around 15 at the time. Everything is fine now and she came out of the closet shortly after.  We believe she was hiding it because of kids at school. 

Exactly why I think parents should be made aware of a child that is transgender.   
my wife went to school with a woman who has a transgender son.  They have raised their boy as a girl since 6.  In their minds he is a girl and they don’t need to inform school or other parents of the situation.  

Edited by Cold War

• Platinum Contributing Member

My daughter had an issue with one of her gay girl friends at school..The girl was picked on and stuff ect.. but my daughter was her friend and didn't care about her being gay, the girl would come over and hang out, not a problem. So the girl starts telling people at school that my daughter was her "girl friend" so then my daughter starts getting picked on for being gay and she's not, so my daughter befriended her. Talking with my daughter about it a few weeks later she said her friend was constantly trying to "recruit" her, say stuff like, well Korey, you like Vans, that means your gay, if we are friends that means your gay. If you like art and drawing that means your gay..The girl ended up telling my daughter that is she doesn't want to acknowledge her gayness they can no longer be friends.. Needless to say they are no longer friends, and come to find out the girl has been trying to do the same thing with some other girls at school.

My daughter did tell me that the girls father wants nothing to do with her because she's gay same with her brother. The mother is trash,..so the girl is definitely trying to latch on to someone to have that connection, but trying to manipulate other girls to feel like she does is not the right way to go about it.

I was quite proud of my daughter for keeping a level head about it, recognizing what was going on, and feeling comfortable talking to me about it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Everyone is supportive when its not one of their own.  

My SIL was very supportive once she realized it. She was fooled by the fake boyfriend. That’s what these young teenagers do to throw their parents and classmates off. 

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

My daughter had an issue with one of her gay girl friends at school..The girl was picked on and stuff ect.. but my daughter was her friend and didn't care about her being gay, the girl would come over and hang out, not a problem. So the girl starts telling people at school that my daughter was her "girl friend" so then my daughter starts getting picked on for being gay and she's not, so my daughter befriended her. Talking with my daughter about it a few weeks later she said her friend was constantly trying to "recruit" her, say stuff like, well Korey, you like Vans, that means your gay, if we are friends that means your gay. If you like art and drawing that means your gay..The girl ended up telling my daughter that is she doesn't want to acknowledge her gayness they can no longer be friends.. Needless to say they are no longer friends, and come to find out the girl has been trying to do the same thing with some other girls at school.

My daughter did tell me that the girls father wants nothing to do with her because she's gay same with her brother. The mother is trash,..so the girl is definitely trying to latch on to someone to have that connection, but trying to manipulate other girls to feel like she does is not the right way to go about it.

I was quite proud of my daughter for keeping a level head about it, recognizing what was going on, and feeling comfortable talking to me about it.

This is why some of these gay kids are all fucked up. Their parents are idiots.

9 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

This is why some of these gay kids are all fucked up. Their parents are idiots.

One of my nieces switched to being a dude. In this case I can’t really blame the parents because the switch was done at 18 or 19. Parents are pretty old school and we’re shocked at first.

Hey Ben, any chance your daughter is smarter than you are, and is trying to gently break the news to you ? I know it,s sometimes kinda tough to not want to believe what is actually going on in front of your eyes. What does your wife see, thru her eyes ?

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Weird thread.  I'm trying to figure out who we are supposed to call a "hero" here.  Ben?  His daughter? Everyone that chimed in calling either of them a "hero"?

Good grief.  How about we quit trying to sensationalize this and just treat everyone as fellow humans and stop acting like anyone deserves special treatment?

Crazy...I know.

sadly thats not always the case with people.  i 100% agree no special treatment for anyone-  except gingers-  we really need some help

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Weird thread.  I'm trying to figure out who we are supposed to call a "hero" here.  Ben?  His daughter? Everyone that chimed in calling either of them a "hero"?

Good grief.  How about we quit trying to sensationalize this and just treat everyone as fellow humans and stop acting like anyone deserves special treatment?

Crazy...I know.

I think you should be called the hero for finding a way to be grumpy about a basic discussion of changes in our society.

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

I think you should be called the hero for finding a way to be grumpy about a basic discussion of changes in our society.

Why not?  There are a lot lesser reasons in which the title "hero" is applies now.  Maybe I'm just "so brave".

LOL...what a joke.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Live and let live and fuck bullies that prey on the different or weak...can’t stand that shit. 

I think most of this so called "bullying" is made up by Hollywood and those SJW who think they are all for stopping it.  The problem is, since there really isn't much of it, something stupid has to fill it's place in our schools.  Like when my daughter called somebody a "bitch" after she called her "short".  That was a fun meeting with the principal.  He said, "short" was a description.  LOL...wtf was "bitch" then.  These are our educators.  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Shifty said:

Where the fuck do some of you guys live!?? Never seen or met a trans?? Gay teenagers are a shock? Jesus H, its 2021.  Lmao. 

I mean, shouldn't it be the goal of these "brave heroes" to not be noticed?  NOPE!  See, they want the attention....and don't really care if it's negative.  Personally, I think they prefer it so they can jump on social media and cry.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Why not?  There are a lot lesser reasons in which the title "hero" is applies now.  Maybe I'm just "so brave".

LOL...what a joke.

I think most of this so called "bullying" is made up by Hollywood and those SJW who think they are all for stopping it.  The problem is, since there really isn't much of it, something stupid has to fill it's place in our schools.  Like when my daughter called somebody a "bitch" after she called her "short".  That was a fun meeting with the principal.  He said, "short" was a description.  LOL...wtf was "bitch" then.  These are our educators.  :lol: 

I mean, shouldn't it be the goal of these "brave heroes" to not be noticed?  NOPE!  See, they want the attention....and don't really care if it's negative.  Personally, I think they prefer it so they can jump on social media and cry.

"Bitch" is a dog.