Check your account email address ×

Truck debates ...

Bontz

16 minutes ago, frenchy said:

which makes their resale value that much more impressive :lol: 

I actually agree with him. Dad had one and it was just the most uncomfortable thing in the world. For a guy who used it as a creme puff mobile, I just didn't get it.

I sold it for him... I think it was an 08 with like 30-35 on it... got $18 grand for it.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I like mine:

0FCBA66C-277A-4CCC-B2AC-EC6ACB5987E0.jpeg

If anything is headed to wholesale or the auction, Scott pulls the good shit first.

52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Consider the best dealer too. That’s so important.

The guy I bought it from is the sales manager. He gave me the table and chairs set in my camp. The shop foreman... is Scotty.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

which makes their resale value that much more impressive :lol: 

my assistant was driving her husbands for a year and complained about it all the time but could not figure out what she wanted.    Everytime i drove in it i wondered what he was thinking buying it.  She went to a BMW X4 m40 talk about a change of pace.

25 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Niece’s husband has a 20some truck fleet. He’s always been a GM guy, but last year he started switching over to Ford. He complained that the GM products were becoming too problematic. He’s been happy with the F-150s. 

Gm 1500 has been junk from about 04 when they started building so much shit in mexico . After my 05 I will never by another GM again biggest pos I ever owned . BTW a qt of oil burnt out every 1000 mi is with in gm spec lmfao they told me that over and over with a straight face at lots of gm shops back then . Oh it had just over 40k on it at that point . L.fao total pile of shit by 40k tge fr end has been apart 3 time already and it would be tore down 2 more times before it hit 90k and was traded in 

2010 GMC Sierra Z71 5.3 Vortec 330HP.

Would I buy it again...yup. All the power I ever need. 

Rides real good. Cup of coffee, and it's a non-stop, comfortable ride to Pittsburg, hauling the sled. 

Have plowed with it for 6 years, and DID have to replace ball joints......but that was after 5-6 years of brutal plowing on rocks, gravel and dirt/mud, over hundreds of feet of driveways, lot areas.

Frame does seem to be showing a lot of rusting. I will be bringing it someplace to have it inspected for safety reasons. In the spring I'm gonna' get some specialty paint/coating for truck frames, to slow the rust and clean it up a bit.

Mechanically, electronically, NO DEFECTS in 10 years. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

2010 GMC Sierra Z71 5.3 Vortec 330HP.

Would I buy it again...yup. All the power I ever need. 

Rides real good. Cup of coffee, and it's a non-stop, comfortable ride to Pittsburg, hauling the sled. 

Have plowed with it for 6 years, and DID have to replace ball joints......but that was after 5-6 years of brutal plowing on rocks, gravel and dirt/mud, over hundreds of feet of driveways, lot areas.

Frame does seem to be showing a lot of rusting. I will be bringing it someplace to have it inspected for safety reasons. In the spring I'm gonna' get some specialty paint/coating for truck frames, to slow the rust and clean it up a bit.

Mechanically, electronically, NO DEFECTS in 10 years. 

Buy a new truck 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I can buy your entire house in what I’ve got in piddly savings alone.  Tomorrow!

Hey “tell the class” how successful you are!

:lol:

That would be awesome.  Let’s agree on a price and it’s yours :thumbsup:  Straight cash homey :bc:

21 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

That would be awesome.  Let’s agree on a price and it’s yours :thumbsup:  Straight cash homey :bc:

I don’t want some fucking hovel home in whitey Waukesha, WI.

I just want to show all of us how much of a fucking baller you are.

:lol:

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Niece’s husband has a 20some truck fleet. He’s always been a GM guy, but last year he started switching over to Ford. He complained that the GM products were becoming too problematic. He’s been happy with the F-150s. 

Our old neighbor was the county fleet mechanic before he started his own shop.

He said they kept a new 3.5 & 2.7 Ecoboost motor in the shop at all times and would replace at least one every other month in county vehicles.

Was going for a AWD Taurus before the Impaler, but between the mileage, AWD shortcomings, and possible engine issues with the Ecoboost versions, just went for ole trusty.

11 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ive got an 11 f-150 aproaching 200,000 . Besides brakes ands oil changes I have only done a waterpump. 

SO I bought 1 2018 stx 150 last summer . It,s a nice truck.

• Like 2

Well, I think I'm pulling the trigger on the 6.2 GMC tomorrow.  The sales guy I had been working with called me yesterday, and ironed out the final details - the only thing I'm not thrilled with is it's more than I really want.  I was looking for a SLT in silver, but they didn't have any silver SLT's on the lot - and couldn't locate one for a dealer trade.  So I went with the satin steel (darker silver) but it's coming in the Denali package.  As it worked out, the price was almost identical to the Lariat I had built to order.  I'm excited, but still kinda shaking my head at myself on the whole "wants vs. needs" topic .... I certainly didn't NEED this but I want a new truck!

I'm going to buy one of the fuel controller plug-ins to disable the AFM, because I don't like that cylinder shutdown bullshit.  I think that actually contributes to what @Ez ryderwas referring to with the extra oil burn on GM's.  Knocking on wood I'm not kicking myself in the ass down the road, and going back to my local Ford dealer with my tail between my legs.

Happy New Year fellas

Just now, Bontz said:

Well, I think I'm pulling the trigger on the 6.2 GMC tomorrow.  The sales guy I had been working with called me yesterday, and ironed out the final details - the only thing I'm not thrilled with is it's more than I really want.  I was looking for a SLT in silver, but they didn't have any silver SLT's on the lot - and couldn't locate one for a dealer trade.  So I went with the satin steel (darker silver) but it's coming in the Denali package.  As it worked out, the price was almost identical to the Lariat I had built to order.  I'm excited, but still kinda shaking my head at myself on the whole "wants vs. needs" topic .... I certainly didn't NEED this but I want a new truck!

I'm going to buy one of the fuel controller plug-ins to disable the AFM, because I don't like that cylinder shutdown bullshit.  I think that actually contributes to what @Ez ryderwas referring to with the extra oil burn on GM's.  Knocking on wood I'm not kicking myself in the ass down the road, and going back to my local Ford dealer with my tail between my legs.

Happy New Year fellas

All I know is, for the same money, I got the truck, trailer and the General.

All aside, enjoy your truck. You bought what you want and that is what is important. It won't go with you....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

Happy New Year fellas

The silver looks good with sleds in the pic.  Those are my winter tires and rims from a 2015 GMC

20200131_093638.jpg

• Like 1

@Doug - are you running yours with the AFM in place, or do you have the device to disable it (or eliminated altogether through the ECM hack)?  I'm just not a fan of that "feature" at all, after having it on my '07 Suburban and '10 Sierra.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

All I know is, for the same money, I got the truck, trailer and the General.

All aside, enjoy your truck. You bought what you want and that is what is important. It won't go with you....

39500 for my 19 RAM 2500 with 6400 miles, Level 2 pkg, 20" wheels, LED lights, etc.  Not a mark on it.  Almost 17k off list.  Works for me.  Had some moose lights (amaze balls) and running boards mounted.  Gets 14 mpg highway unloaded, 12 with a 2 place open trailer on the back.  My MB would get 20 highway unloaded, 11 with a trailer.  :lol:   Just cracked 11,000 miles, had it since June.  Gonna get it fluid filmed yearly, and keep it forever, eventually as the house wheel barrow.  

413A297C-27B9-4DC0-B786-1964E51DF77F.jpeg.88872a1af849d807e62b73adce27dad7 (1).jpeg

IMG_3195[4762].JPG

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Doug - are you running yours with the AFM in place, or do you have the device to disable it (or eliminated altogether through the ECM hack)?  I'm just not a fan of that "feature" at all, after having it on my '07 Suburban and '10 Sierra.

My RAM has that MDS bs, and I agree, hate it.  Fortunately, you can over ride it by clicking the upshift/downshift buttons on the steering wheel which shuts it off.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

39500 for my 19 RAM 2500 with 6400 miles, Level 2 pkg, 20" wheels, LED lights, etc.  Not a mark on it.  Almost 17k off list.  Works for me.  Had some moose lights (amaze balls) and running boards mounted.  Gets 14 mpg highway unloaded, 12 with a 2 place open trailer on the back.  My MB would get 20 highway unloaded, 11 with a trailer.  :lol:   Just cracked 11,000 miles, had it since June.  Gonna get it fluid filmed yearly, and keep it forever, eventually as the house wheel barrow.  

413A297C-27B9-4DC0-B786-1964E51DF77F.jpeg.88872a1af849d807e62b73adce27dad7 (1).jpeg

IMG_3195[4762].JPG

Still, $40k for a used truck, WTF?  Least it is the 3/4 ton.  Lots of guys paying that or more for a new 1/2 ton.

My next truck I think will be a nice used 3/4 ton.  I end up hauling sleds and wheelers in the back since I'm not a big fan of trailers.  Plus it doubles as a dump truck for hauling landscape supplies like mulch, garden mix, black dirt, and gravel.  My F150 squats pretty good when I have them dump 2000 pounds of gravel in the back!

For trucks I'm staying with Ford.  Get the Ecoboost if you aren't working on it yourself or will trade often.  Otherwise, get the 5.0 liter.

• Like 1