Check your account email address ×

Truck debates ...

Bontz

19 hours ago, Snake said:

Showed the guy the deal I wanted.

Found the trucks that qualify, picked one out.

Took home to show the wife.

Came back, said I would take it.

Payment was $3 more than the advertised one.

Paperwork took 45 minutes. Due to covid and all...

Done fucking deal.

To be honest, I think a lot of the headaches people get buying cars and trucks is self induced.

I don't know what the big deal is with some of these guys and their car buying drama.  I searched out the trucks I wanted, 2 got sold before I even got to the dealer.  Found this one, called on it, negotiated a price and a trade right over the phone, went down and bought it.  Stopped the business manager cold when he started talking about special over priced protectant coatings, etc..  "Lets wrap this up, I'm not interested in any more than the truck as it sits".  Tax, reg, conveyance, done.

11 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Why don't you go fuck yourself??? I can buy and sell you. You WERE NOT THERE and don't know all that transpired in that fukkin office. 

You don't know the bullshit those fukkin sales people caused me, so fuck off.

Do you remember when you posted that I was being abused like a BLOW-UP DOLL at a frat party, about 12 years ago?? WELL, do ya'?

Talk is cheap on a internet forum, isn't it??

You wanna' post our fukkin net worths here and see who's a fukkin blow-up doll? Do ya'?  

Yeah you got some nice sleds and a new truck..............BIG FUKKIN DEAL, I MADE double that in the last fukkin week!! 

Don't you be tellin' me to get a fukkin hooker. Why don't you fuck one of the THREE HOOKERS that you married and DIVORCED??????

You couldn't pick the corn outta my stool old man, so shut your hole.  Don't be such a fucking sensitive Karen.  I've been nice to you, and you flip out like you're off your lithium.  Keep counting your money.  You'll drop dead next to one of your glorious woodpiles and your heirs will all be laughing at what a dumb fuck you are.  And my net worth increased a shit ton last year, thanks for asking.  :lol:  And ftr, I've been divorced twice, but with someone you could only dream of, for 13 years now.  Sorry about your luck big mouth loser.

11 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Fuck I got more with my 09 ram pulling my 56 chevy.

Even my 2500 with a 6.4 averages around 13. 

Just now, awful knawful said:

How did you make out with your wife's they replaced the 10 speed in?

I dumped it just before the warranty was up and bought her a caddy. That truck was a lemon....it had lots of other issues.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I don't know what the big deal is with some of these guys and their car buying drama.  I searched out the trucks I wanted, 2 got sold before I even got to the dealer.  Found this one, called on it, negotiated a price and a trade right over the phone, went down and bought it.  Stopped the business manager cold when he started talking about special over priced protectant coatings, etc..  "Lets wrap this up, I'm not interested in any more than the truck as it sits".  Tax, reg, conveyance, done.

You couldn't pick the corn outta my stool old man, so shut your hole.  Don't be such a fucking sensitive Karen.  I've been nice to you, and you flip out like you're off your lithium.  Keep counting your money.  You'll drop dead next to one of your glorious woodpiles and your heirs will all be laughing at what a dumb fuck you are.  And my net worth increased a shit ton last year, thanks for asking.  :lol:  And ftr, I've been divorced twice, but with someone you could only dream of, for 13 years now.  Sorry about your luck big mouth loser.

How you liking that HD Hemi?

Just now, awful knawful said:

Really? It was an ecoboost?

Yes...it kept dying every couple of weeks...towing it to the dealer all the time was getting old....they could never find the problem...and I sure as hell wasn't going to dig into it with it having warranty.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

How you liking that HD Hemi?

so far so good.  My first Chrysler product.  I've only put about 5000 miles on it.  What I like best?  The friggin seats.  Super firm and comfortable.  I've always hate the seats in American vehicles, and have clapped out several-my old Ford F250 and 350, my Tahoe, etc..

• Thanks 1

Just now, STUMPY said:

Yes...it kept dying every couple of weeks...towing it to the dealer all the time was getting old....they could never find the problem...and I sure as hell wasn't going to dig into it with it having warranty.

My cousins husband had a 12, blew the motor.

My father's cousin bought a 17 against my recommendation to get the 5.0. Been in the shop multiple times, puffs smoke on start up, lacks power, brutal on fuel. He hates it.

He's 80, so not like he's beating on it, idles a bit before shutting down.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

so far so good.  My first Chrysler product.  I've only put about 5000 miles on it.  What I like best?  The friggin seats.  Super firm and comfortable.  I've always hate the seats in American vehicles, and have clapped out several-my old Ford F250 and 350, my Tahoe, etc..

Yeah my 09 is my first chrysler too, I'm a Toyota guy.

Just ordered the idler, belt tensioner and new belt. Noisy as frig.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

My cousins husband had a 12, blew the motor.

My father's cousin bought a 17 against my recommendation to get the 5.0. Been in the shop multiple times, puffs smoke on start up, lacks power, brutal on fuel. He hates it.

He's 80, so not like he's beating on it, idles a bit before shutting down.

Ya they seem to be hit or miss....my dads got a 14 and has had no problems.

My 18 super duty was just starting to have electrical issues just before I traded it in. I won't own any vehicle without warranty anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STUMPY said:

Ya they seem to be hit or miss....my dads got a 14 and has had no problems.

My 18 super duty was just starting to have electrical issues just before I traded it in. I won't own any vehicle without warranty anymore.

Only vehicle I would do that is an MB.  We've had really good luck with the 4 that we've owned, and put more than 100k on each of them.  Wifes little C300 has 135000 miles on it and still goes down the road like new, just did the tires and brakes on it.  Helps to have a local trustworthy and competent shop to work on them, and we do.  That BMW 750 I had was friggin glorious to drive, but no way I'd want that thing out of warranty.  So I traded it with about 2 weeks left on it.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Only vehicle I would do that is an MB.  We've had really good luck with the 4 that we've owned, and put more than 100k on each of them.  Wifes little C300 has 135000 miles on it and still goes down the road like new, just did the tires and brakes on it.  Helps to have a local trustworthy and competent shop to work on them, and we do.  That BMW 750 I had was friggin glorious to drive, but no way I'd want that thing out of warranty.  So I traded it with about 2 weeks left on it.  :lol: 

There's a reason they have a big tub of Vaseline at the door of the dealership. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, STUMPY said:

There's a reason they have a big tub of Vaseline at the door of the dealership. :lol:

I doubt I'll ever buy new again.  I like buying stuff with 15k or under miles and about 40-50% off sticker.  Thats worked out pretty well for me  :lol: 

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Thats what I get with oil burner, but dosnt drop any when towing.

Mine only dropped about 2-3 mpg hauling my father in laws open 2 place a few weeks back.  My MB mileage went from 20 to about 11 doing the same thing.  Was talking to a buddy the other day who has one of those new 3 litre Duramaxes in his Chevy 1500, says he gets around 23 mpg with it.  Truck drives really nice too, but those things are super hard to find around here, and I looked.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I doubt I'll ever buy new again.  I like buying stuff with 15k or under miles and about 40-50% off sticker.  Thats worked out pretty well for me  :lol: 

I'm the opposite for now. I like new.

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

It is the way to buy em. My f 150 was an 18 with 13k on it.

53 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I have an answer for all that upsell BS “I’m not keeping the car that long”. Even though I may keep it for years, it usually shuts them up. 

Lady when i bought the F150 said to me when i said that exact thing but you traded a 2011.  Told her yup,  one i bought 6 months ago.  After that she just pointed to where to sign.  I bought the Ford Factory ext warranty for just over a grand online.  

Bought it at a benz dealer where I am sure their upsells produce huge revenue.  

Just now, steve from amherst said:

It is the way to buy em. My f 150 was an 18 with 13k on it.

mine was a 19 with 1500 miles on it.  Figured I saved about $6k.    Was planning on keeping it to 140k+ like 2 of my last 3 but not loving it so I will dump it before the 36k mark and get my refund on the extended warranty.  

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Mine only dropped about 2-3 mpg hauling my father in laws open 2 place a few weeks back.  My MB mileage went from 20 to about 11 doing the same thing.  Was talking to a buddy the other day who has one of those new 3 litre Duramaxes in his Chevy 1500, says he gets around 23 mpg with it.  Truck drives really nice too, but those things are super hard to find around here, and I looked.

shocked how terrible this 3.5 is,  I drive about the same speed as your brother,  maybe even a bit slower and his 6.2 was getting way better than this thing does. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

mine was a 19 with 1500 miles on it.  Figured I saved about $6k.    Was planning on keeping it to 140k+ like 2 of my last 3 but not loving it so I will dump it before the 36k mark and get my refund on the extended warranty.  

what dont ya like about it?

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

LOSER?  If you came here and saw what my situation was really like, and offered you a switch, your place in CT, and this place, you would go back and tell your gem, " SEE YA', WOULDN'T WANT TA' BE YA" !! "

In two years or so, you'll be saying she was no good anyway. Do you ever see a PATTERN in your marital history????????? No? denial is the name of a river in Egypt. 

I never really liked you too much anyway. I despise your die-hard love of the BUSHES on WALKER POINT. 

I despise your mind-blowing loyalty to Trump, conservative values, and Trump's attempt to negate the election through never-ending LITIGATION, the bastard. 

Yeah, you got some good sleds, trailers and a truck. Did you pay cash, or are they financed? 

Trust me, you ain't all that.