Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i saw that ass for sure. but i am a bicycle guy and those old bikes will always catch my eye. 

Local guy who put in my sea wall. Part of his collection. 
IMG_5044.thumb.jpeg.072c5b6b5849e0bc4eb0827abd8e8786.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5042.jpeg

Edited by Skidooski
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, smokin george said:

Sneaky buggers! The wife held off having a 70th B"day party from last month till I was feeling better. I'm surprised nobody spilled the beans lol. 

20230819_200132.jpg

20230819_195927.jpg

20230819_195922.jpg

The wife said the lady only charged her $100.00 for the cake and cupcakes. That was damn cheap so the wife gave her more. I said see if she can make a cake of the house for our open house party.

20220303_120340_001.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, smokin george said:

Sneaky buggers! The wife held off having a 70th B"day party from last month till I was feeling better. I'm surprised nobody spilled the beans lol. 

20230819_200132.jpg

20230819_195927.jpg

20230819_195922.jpg

The wife said the lady only charged her $100.00 for the cake and cupcakes. That was damn cheap so the wife gave her more. I said see if she can make a cake of the house for our open house party.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, smokin george said:

20220303_120340_001.jpg

Happy birthday George, I like your house.  :bc:   *And that IS cheap for a cake with that much hand labor involved.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Happy birthday George, I like your house.  :bc:   *And that IS cheap for a cake with that much hand labor involved.  

Thanks! The house is under construction and the garage will be on the right side. They only have a small crew but amazing what they've done in less than 2 weeks

Just now, smokin george said:

Thanks! The house is under construction and the garage will be on the right side. They only have a small crew but amazing what they've done in less than 2 weeks

Awesome.  Wife and I are bouncing around the idea of selling our house and building another house, but smaller this time.  I like the walkout and wrap around deck.  I just want a big ass oversized 3 car for all the toys and yard equipment.  The wife can design the rest.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Awesome.  Wife and I are bouncing around the idea of selling our house and building another house, but smaller this time.  I like the walkout and wrap around deck.  I just want a big ass oversized 3 car for all the toys and yard equipment.  The wife can design the rest.  :lol: 

We're 1470sq ft with a 24x24 garage. 2 bdrm,2 bthrm with 2 covered porches and one will be screened in. Basement will be the mancave/party room

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Concrete has been poured in the frost wall and backfilling should be finished today. The septic tank is in the ground and the well gets drilled next week. We're hoping to be in by the New Year

20230828_171023.jpg

Looks good George, I think we finally got our plan finalized.  Will be starting it late next year.

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

Concrete has been poured in the frost wall and backfilling should be finished today. The septic tank is in the ground and the well gets drilled next week. We're hoping to be in by the New Year

20230828_171023.jpg

Thats exciting.  Built a new house once, its nice to pick out all the touches, features, colors, etc..  We're going to do it again at some point, good lots are hard to come by right now in this area.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Looks good George, I think we finally got our plan finalized.  Will be starting it late next year.

Builders are hard to find here in NS that you can trust. We've known him for 10 years and he only has a small crew but has all the trades he needs. We got a decent quote and he said if we go over that then we have exquisite tastes lol.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Thats exciting.  Built a new house once, its nice to pick out all the touches, features, colors, etc..  We're going to do it again at some point, good lots are hard to come by right now in this area.  

When we redid our kitchen I went one day with the wife looking at shit.

On the way home I said " hey , I got a great idea , why dont you go pick 3 of everything and bring the pics of them home , then we will choose" 

By then she was already sick of my bitching and jumped on it. I was overwhelmed with the what shade of the 82 shades of white do you like best

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

There's plenty of properties here in Nova Scotia. We bought the lot (1 acre) for $46K two years ago with deeded access to the lake and have a monster dock and our pontoon there

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

When we redid our kitchen I went one day with the wife looking at shit.

On the way home I said " hey , I got a great idea , why dont you go pick 3 of everything and bring the pics of them home , then we will choose" 

By then she was already sick of my bitching and jumped on it. I was overwhelmed with the what shade of the 82 shades of white do you like best

:lol:  Thats pretty much what we do too.  Thankfully our tastes are very similar.  I'm way more decisive than she is though, takes me about 15 seconds, "yup, I like that one", she'll fret for days.  So I let her fret, and narrow it down for both of us.