Check your account email address ×

Here comes the lockdown

our company has our office staff working from home and considering shutting down maintenance work at our terminal, could be a real late start to the paving season this is going to suck big time

When  I look at the reaction to a mostly non lethal viral outbreak,one has to wonder how fucked we are when a real bad one comes along. Time to shrink the world. We need to bring manufacturing back to the home front and shut all of Asia out. This should be the long term goal in north america now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

All non essential driving is banned from 8pm to 5am around here.....how is that going to help anything? Is this a virus or a blizzard?.....

What???  :lol:

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

All non essential driving is banned from 8pm to 5am around here.....how is that going to help anything? Is this a virus or a blizzard?.....

WTF

• Platinum Contributing Member

A case was just reported in Otsego County.

Good read about the numbers and why social distancing is so important.

https://medium.com/@Jason_Scott_Warner/the-sober-math-everyone-must-understand-about-the-pandemic-2b0145881993

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

What???  :lol:

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

WTF

The radio said it was a non essential driving ban but it looks like it is being "encouraged " to stay put in your homes and not a ban.

Screenshot_2020-03-16-22-08-30.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

The radio said it was a non essential driving ban but it looks like it is being "encouraged " to stay put in your homes and not a ban.

Screenshot_2020-03-16-22-08-30.png

Crazy!   

MN Governor just ordered all bars and restaurants closed today at 5pm on fucking St Patrick’s Day. LOL!  Friends of ours own a nice eatery that hold a HUGE corned beef and cabbage bash every St Pats day.  I guess they are just plain fucked.

This area is going to be punished, real hard over this  Land and houses are about to be available on the cheap....not to mention all the small commercial sq. Footage you can lease up...or buy.  Our idiots running the city will probably purchase it all for the homeless.

Wow.

9 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

When  I look at the reaction to a mostly non lethal viral outbreak,one has to wonder how fucked we are when a real bad one comes along. Time to shrink the world. We need to bring manufacturing back to the home front and shut all of Asia out. This should be the long term goal in north america now.

The greedy modern day slave drivers (American companies) will have none of that. 

52 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sounds like the farmer bankruptcies I posted about.  "Poorly managed business" if they were so close to death to begin with was the consensus.

Neal

Many don't understand how small businesses work. I'm sure the same can be said of farming :thumb:

56 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Sounds like the farmer bankruptcies I posted about.  "Poorly managed business" if they were so close to death to begin with was the consensus.

Neal

It's just the nature of some businesses.  

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

It's just the nature of some businesses.  

Exactly.  With a seasonal business you work hard during the busy season and ride out the slow season. 

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Exactly.  With a seasonal business you work hard during the busy season and ride out the slow season. 

They're by no means getting rich off it either.  Some just want to be their own boss and are happy with less.

• Like 2

Just now, ckf said:

That's how I roll, but the feast or famine is getting old. I'll be looking for something with more consistency in the near future. Just waiting on both kids to get into highschool and be a little bit more independent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

I didn’t mean there was any intention. It’s just the consequence of a 2-3 week layoff. No money and likely no UI check

I thought Dems tabled a bill to cover that. 
pretty sure our ei no longer has a waiting period. For most people it’s still a huge pay cut. 

Just now, revkevsdi said:

I thought Dems tabled a bill to cover that. 
pretty sure our ei no longer has a waiting period. For most people it’s still a huge pay cut. 

Are you still working through this?

We are.