Check your account email address ×

Here comes the lockdown

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

same with NH

Everything will be closed by the end of this week.  I was just reading on QuebecRider that people had to cancel planned sled trips to Quebec now that the border   is closed to non Canadians.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

The only way will be taking on more cheap debt. 

I have a feeling a lot are already over extended.  Another payment might be just out of reach :dunno:   

Just now, ckf said:

I have a feeling a lot are already over extended.  Another payment might be just out of reach :dunno:   

That’s the way the system is forced in them. The only way to compete is to utilize  any and all available cheap credit in good times and pray nothing disrupts the profit 

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can see a lot of small businesses not coming out the other end of this.....

When they first called for a 50% capacity at local bars and restaurants They were freaked out that it would kill them. Not going to be good.  I highly doubt staying open to be a take out place would justify the expense of a bar or large restaurant. Booze is where the money is at. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ckf said:

I can see a lot of small businesses not coming out the other end of this.....

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

When they first called for a 50% capacity at local bars and restaurants They were freaked out that it would kill them. Not going to be good.  I highly doubt staying open to be a take out place would justify the expense of a bar or large restaurant. Booze is where the money is at. 

This is quickly becoming a self fulfilling prophecy of panic.  It’s idiocy.  But, I’m much more prepared this time than I was the last.  If this continues, houses and land will become dirt cheap as they enter foreclosure as people lose their jobs again.  I’m buying...and I’m not gonna fret one bit about throwing a family out on their ass along with their stock load of toilet paper.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is quickly becoming a self fulfilling prophecy of panic.  It’s idiocy.  But, I’m much more prepared this time than I was the last.  If this continues, houses and land will become dirt cheap as they enter foreclosure as people lose their jobs again.  I’m buying...and I’m not gonna fret one bit about throwing a family out on their ass along with their stock load of toilet paper.

Talked to my accountant today. He said with all the bancruptcies that will be coming he will be busy for a yr. 

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Talked to my accountant today. He said with all the bancruptcies that will be coming he will be busy for a yr. 

I hope we’re in for an epic rebound once this virus shit dies down.  It should pop....but, if it doesn’t, well.....

8F7900F0-0CB2-4878-9AD2-83805515C8D9.gif

21 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You can’t even begin to imagine how entwined Boeing is in the defense dept and how many politicians it has in its pocket. There’s shit going on behind the scenes at Boeing that would probably make out eyes bug out. Anti gravity designs and weird ass shit like that. Trump did step in and force the grounding of the 737. I think there’s a lot more to that story in which we’ll never know. 

well its dirt cheap right now

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

Not worried about it. My only fear is US shutting down all flights. Just have to run that rental all the way back then. No biggie. :dunno: 

Had a client who's an attendant for United.  10 people on her flight from Colorado.  She says its bad and thinks many planes will be grounded and her options are either an unemployment check or some kind of partial pay.

53 minutes ago, Cold War said:

sons restaurant just let all but 4 people a day go who are going to cook for takeout.  

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

10th grade in MN where we rank at the top of standardized testing stateside is basically graduate school in the sister fucking wasteland of inbreeding and deprivation you call home.

:lol:

Ok Ben.

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

well its dirt cheap right now

Had a client who's an attendant for United.  10 people on her flight from Colorado.  She says its bad and thinks many planes will be grounded and her options are either an unemployment check or some kind of partial pay.

Lotsa people will lose their jobs over this. It’s gonna be bad. Public servants sitting back laughing at the trough though. 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Everything will be closed by the end of this week.  I was just reading on QuebecRider that people had to cancel planned sled trips to Quebec now that the border   is closed to non Canadians.

It's open to yanks.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I would like to see that back up a tandom trailer.

Well since zoso is about an apple 2e in comparison to today’s AI I’d say if he can do it any machine can

14 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Lotsa people will lose their jobs over this. It’s gonna be bad. Public servants sitting back laughing at the trough though. 

Its going to be devastating for so many families. I am concerned for everyone. Hopefully North America can get this under control so things can get back to some semblance of normal. 

But I dont think we will ever get back to our old normals. This is going to alter the fabric of the world. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Its going to be devastating for so many families. I am concerned for everyone. Hopefully North America can get this under control so things can get back to some semblance of normal. 

But I dont think we will ever get back to our old normals. This is going to alter the fabric of the world. 

If it doesn’t get back to normal relatively quickly then I believe the response wasn’t worth the potential damage .....

20 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yup.  Stepdaughter works at a dental office....mandatory closing for 3 weeks, she has to collect unemployment over it .

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Stepdaughter works at a dental office....mandatory closing for 3 weeks, she has to collect unemployment over it .

It’s the places closing for 2-3 weeks that fuck the employees the worst because lot of times the short layoff won’t get them an UI claim 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

That’s a tough one. I can see dental offices being really slow for a long time save for emergencies.