Check your account email address ×

Here comes the lockdown

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That was pretty interesting. Social distancing is the only thing that will slow this virus down. 

Exactly which is why it’s annoying that there are so many ignorant/selfish people in this country that either A) think Covid 19 is no big deal which is evidenced by more than a few here and B) those that figure that they are not in a high risk group and don’t give a fuck about anybody else. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly which is why it’s annoying that there are so many ignorant/selfish people in this country that either A) think Covid 19 is no big deal which is evidenced by more than a few here and B) those that figure that they are not in a high risk group and don’t give a fuck about anybody else. 

They still think a lot of people will get it. They just want to flatten the curve so we don’t have to choose who gets treatment and who doesn’t. My wife is bracing herself for a lot of sad stories. 

I think a lot of the deniers are just doing it out of habit. They are having trouble lining up Trumps statements from this week with last week. 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

At the moment yes. Our employees will see less people at work than if they had time off. 

Lol. such an idiot.

Not true at all 

4 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

They still think a lot of people will get it. They just want to flatten the curve so we don’t have to choose who gets treatment and who doesn’t. My wife is bracing herself for a lot of sad stories. 

I think a lot of the deniers are just doing it out of habit. They are having trouble lining up Trumps statements from this week with last week. 

If you left out the 2nd paragraph you would be somewhat tolerable.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Lol. such an idiot.

Not true at all 

If you left out the 2nd paragraph you would be somewhat tolerable.

Are you taking this seriously yet or do you think it’s just a bad cold?

11 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

All non essential driving is banned from 8pm to 5am around here.....how is that going to help anything? Is this a virus or a blizzard?.....

i was thinking of leaving for OH earlier this week in case he idiots in NY and PA follow suit,  either way i go i need to hit those 2 states.  Given a complete lack of traffic o the highways here I am assuming it should be a quick trip.  I need to leave around 1 so I'm getting to Kent around 11pm spending the night then driving back.  

4 minutes ago, Redheaded Stepchild said:

Its no different than the flu. But it does seem to spread at a much faster rate and has possibility to overwhelm the system here if not controlled.

It is very different from the flu. 

You must be pissed off at Doug Ford for declaring a state of emergency for the flu. 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Lots of things others believe annoy many who want them to be in the group think. This fear is idiotic based on statistics that don’t justify the reasoning.  It’s a balance of being safe and keeping the economy from diving into disaster with unreasonable emotions.  Some of us know this and try to push back on the fear mongering.

Relax, your side won.  The weak will always outnumber the strong.  And if we can’t pull out of this because of it, I wish many of you luck in finding a decent place to rent in whatever area you are forced to move to for work after your homes hit the courthouse steps.  You can keep your keys, I’m changing the locks.

I know...I know.....”selfish”.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lots of things others believe annoy many who want them to be in the group think. This fear is idiotic based on statistics that don’t justify the reasoning.  It’s a balance of being safe and keeping the economy from diving into disaster with unreasonable emotions.  Some of us know this and try to push back on the fear mongering.

Relax, your side won.  The weak will always outnumber the strong.  And if we can’t pull out of this because of it, I wish many of you luck in finding a decent place to rent in whatever area you are forced to move to for work after your homes hit the courthouse steps.  You can keep your keys, I’m changing the locks.

I know...I know.....”selfish”.

You sure talk big. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

It is very different from the flu. 

You must be pissed off at Doug Ford for declaring a state of emergency for the flu. 

No it’s not. 

Transmission is droplet for the public and droplet/airborne for hospital(depending where you work). 

Also the “flu” has a vaccine and still wipes out thousands a year. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

How so?  How did any of that offend you?

Not offended in the least. You seem to think you’re exempt from any of the hardships covid-19 will hand out. That kind of mindset is what comes back to haunt people in the end. 

Have fun playing the big shot. 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not offended in the least. You seem to think you’re exempt from any of the hardships covid-19 will hand out. That kind of mindset is what comes back to haunt people in the end. 

Have fun playing the big shot. 

I don’t feel I’m exempt at all other than rarely getting sick.  But I’m not living in fear of it either.  What happens with this shit is exactly what we are seeing now, everything crashing down because of unreasonable fears.  Sure, I will suffer much less because It’s unlikely I will have to do without.  What is upsetting to me is people thinking and acting against their own interest in a herd mentality....then wanting sympathy after they’ve created them own downward spiral.

I have fun playing anything or I don’t play.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t feel I’m exempt at all other than rarely getting sick.  But I’m not living in fear of it either.  What happens with this shit is exactly what we are seeing now, everything crashing down because of unreasonable fears.  Sure, I will suffer much less because It’s unlikely I will have to do without.  What is upsetting to me is people thinking and acting against their own interest in a herd mentality....then wanting sympathy after they’ve created them own downward spiral.

I have fun playing anything or I don’t play.

fears are far more based on economic uncertainty than the health aspect of it. 

Lots of people will be out of a job because of this. 

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Yep. And big bad Zambo the Clown will swoop in and buy up all the foreclosures for pennies on the dollar. 

But you can keep your keys because he will be changing all the locks. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Oh, I don’t deny that.  We can’t have that kind of economic run up without tethering close to the edge.  It’s just becomes a real fine fine balancing act.  Too fine and the market will correct.  But for this to take it down this fast and to these levels?  Absurd.  If we don’t start to get our heads about us and recover soon, it’s going to be disastrous.  

Oh, I don’t deny that.  We can’t have that kind of economic run up without tethering close to the edge.  It’s just becomes a real fine fine balancing act.  Too fine and the market will correct.  But for this to take it down this fast and to these levels?  Absurd.  If we don’t start to get our heads about us and recover soon, it’s going to be disastrous.  

Not for you though. 

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Yep. And big bad Zambo the Clown will swoop in and buy up all the foreclosures for pennies on the dollar. 

But you can keep your keys because he will be changing all the locks. 

What am I supposed to do?  Sit and feel sorry?  You don’t think my stocks and property is being pummeled over this too? I got hosed in the last massive downturn.  I’m prepared to make it up on this one.

Or should I just donate to those that are hoarding the ass wipe, milk and bread?

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Not for you though. 

Why do you act like I am somehow pleased with all this?  Did you see me running around like Spinner, MC and other retards hoping for this to say “told you so?”  (Even though they didn’t....they just hoped for it all).

What am I supposed to do?  Sit and feel sorry?  You don’t think my stocks and property is being pummeled over this too? I got hosed in the last massive downturn.  I’m prepared to make it up on this one.

Or should I just donate to those that are hoarding the ass wipe, milk and bread?

Just keep strutting around like a big shot. You don't need to do any more or less than that.