Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

1 minute ago, Doos said:

That and they’re made from shit brittle material. I wish I could remember the name of company I used for the rollers, probably still have a set or two in the garage. 

The heavy duty grip and rip high torque rollers?

mine were replaced under warranty so we’ll see how long they last 

Edited by thewayout

9 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I’ve had both, and ridden multiple G4’s. Prestons has a rip 2 with 135 1.352” studs. I have a rip 1 with 90 1.5” studs. Hole shots were identical for both of us multiple times this weekend, and we raced probably 3-4 times across groomed lakes. Top end was identical. We were dead even for probably a mile

Junk Woody's studs :flush: :thumbsdown:

15 minutes ago, Doos said:

I’m just trying to get back in the loop, we’ll see. Just starting to wrap my head around what’s going on. 

Call Ian and ask him what a set of Elka's for a Renegade will run you. You're in for a shock, no pun intended :lol:

The thing with the X shocks now is no one wants them for an Adrenaline or TNT anymore because they're nothing special anymore. Everyone with an Adrenaline or TNT is going to upgrade with XRS KYBs, Fox , Exits or Elka's. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Call Ian and ask him what a set of Elka's for a Renegade will run you. You're in for a shock, no pun intended :lol:

The thing with the X shocks now is no one wants them for an Adrenaline or TNT anymore because they're nothing special anymore. Everyone with an Adrenaline or TNT is going to upgrade with XRS KYBs, Fox , Exits or Elka's. 

Brand new takeoffs will sell quick , most people don’t care about poser shocks 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The thing with the X shocks now is no one wants them for an Adrenaline or TNT anymore because they're nothing special anymore. Everyone with an Adrenaline or TNT is going with XRS KYBs, Fox , Exits or Elka's. 

Maybe a good reason to go Polaris :snack:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doos said:

I don’t know the first thing about the IR, but I’ve heard it’s a good track by guys who know what they’re talking about. I planned on ordering the 1.5”. What’s wrong with it?

I’m happy with my 1.5” IR so far. I’ve had studded sleds since I started riding almost  20 years ago. Never thought I’d change. But it was cheaper and I figured my luck was running out with studs. I’m now a little more careful in corners, hills, and I make sure to get a good start loading onto trailers. :lol: 

Avoid the ice cobra though. Lots of guys are having cobras fall apart lately. Plus that has less studs in it. The IR is just enough.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, thewayout said:

You’ve ridden with me on my xcr. Is there any other sled that comes out of the hole that hard that you’ve seen? 

No I remember you pulled my assault off the line and I have never had anyone do that. That xcr was great. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I mean a good set of shocks is a pretty good investment, but I’ve done a couple trips across the UP on my buddy’s XS Adrenaline, and survived just fine. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

If you're looking to upgrade , X shocks aren't the way to go anymore

Just now, Doos said:

Maybe a good reason to go Polaris :snack:

Well, if you're into cocks then I guess maybe?  :dunno:

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Well he stated he was a fan of the ice ripper for years 

which means he’s saying he’s a fan of the ripsaw1 track with useless screw in junks

there is no more worthless setup than that

the ripper xt is a rip2 I believe and that will be a good track but the prestudded tracks are 100% useless and provide basically no more traction than any unstudded track

Sometimes you say some intelligent things and sometimes you don't,..this is one of those "don't" times... SMH

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

I’m happy with my 1.5” IR so far. I’ve had studded sleds since I started riding almost  20 years ago. Never thought I’d change. But it was cheaper and I figured my luck was running out with studs. I’m now a little more careful in corners, hills, and I make sure to get a good start loading onto trailers. :lol: 

Avoid the ice cobra though. Lots of guys are having cobras fall apart lately. Plus that has less studs in it. The IR is just enough.

Yea the 1.6 Ice Cobra is the one I've heard a lot of bad about.  Lugs falling off and they layers separating and Doo not covering them.  Blaming low snow and abuse. :flush: 

My buddy lost some on his '18 Renegade X and they wouldn't cover it. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

15 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I can’t believe how much better my new XRS rides than my 2016 X. I mean I’m sure having 12,000 miles on at the end affected the ride but man, the XRS is amazing. It used to be a poser sled but now it’s great even for non-aggressive riders.

But again, this is all about Ski-Jew trying to make more $ off of you by forcing you to get the premium sled. Fuck them. I really wish Polaris would make a sled for me.

Edited by rump-rider
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Sometimes you say some intelligent things and sometimes you don't,..this is one of those "don't" times... SMH

Well ....the prestudded tracks are useless on 850s and 800s. They might be the cats balls on a 600 but I’d have no idea 

11 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

:lol: I've seen him go days like this!  

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well ....the prestudded tracks are useless on 850s and 800s. They might be the cats balls on a 600 but I’d have no idea 

Well, like said a gazillion times...they are better than nothing by far but are nowhere near as good as the real McCoy's  I won't waste my time again with the pre-studded tracks because they don't serve my kind of riding well at all.  But I think you'd prolly do well with them jumping from queer bar to queer bar.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Yep, broken rollers in the secondary too. Ask me how I know :lol: 

so far I haven’t noticed any gas and oil spitting from my valves. :lol: 

Can’t believe they still use that garbage secondary 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, like said a gazillion times...they are better than nothing by far but are nowhere near as good as the real McCoy's  I won't waste my time again with the pre-studded tracks because they don't serve my kind of riding well at all.  But I think you'd prolly do well with them jumping from queer bar to queer bar.  

I’m at 2k miles this year.....you?

54 minutes ago, Anler said:

Nope, my bud Sean rides over 5000 miles a year and he can fucking out ride probably most people we know. he knows how to set up a sled and he is getting his shocks slugged. He buys new every year and has been eyeballing the polaris as he knows it handles superior but was skeptical due to the 850 rumors. I wouldnt be surprised if he is on a poo next year. 

ok thats the second time I’ve heard the word “slugged” in this thread, and the first time Ive heard the term used.  Wtf is “slugged”?  Ben is the last guy I would ever let near my sled for setup.  :lol:  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think this thread has some wheels.:lmao:

• Haha 1