Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well ....the prestudded tracks are useless on 850s and 800s. They might be the cats balls on a 600 but I’d have no idea 

If you expected 144 1/8" nubs to do what 144 pics sticking out 1/2" over lug height plus the rubber lugs on a high horsepower sled to have the same  hook up you might be a retard..I personally have had and ridden 3 sleds with rubber and then later pre- studded tracks and it's a night and day difference.. 

Have you had an all rubber track and then added a pre-studded track and ridden it??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rigid1 said:

If you expected 144 1/8" nubs to do what 144 pics sticking out 1/2" over lug height plus the rubber lugs on a high horsepower sled to have the same  hook up you might be a retard..I personally have had and ridden 3 sleds with rubber and then later pre- studded tracks and it's a night and day difference.. 

Have you had an all rubber track and then added a pre-studded track and ridden it??

The difference is for sure noticeable.  On ice especially.  They work as designed and are nice way to cut down on rotating mass.

Just now, Zambroski said:

The difference is for sure noticeable.  On ice especially.  They work as designed and are nice way to cut down on rotating mass.

Exactly

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

Cobra is garbage. Too soft 

When you add the pre-studs it stiffens up the lug significantly, I had a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra on my Nytro shorty which hooked up really well..the studs are the same as the car tires use, they don't screw in as some say..They are a stud, thread less, with an oversized cup at the end, you actually have to use a stud gun to insert them in to the molded hole..

8 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

When you add the pre-studs it stiffens up the lug significantly, I had a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra on my Nytro shorty which hooked up really well..the studs are the same as the car tires use, they don't screw in as some say..They are a stud, thread less, with an oversized cup at the end, you actually have to use a stud gun to insert them in to the molded hole..

1.6 ice cobra is useless on my buddies 850. Doesn’t hook well and absolutely destroys top speed

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

1.6 ice cobra is useless on my buddies 850. Doesn’t hook well and absolutely destroys top speed

I've had the complete opposite happen with my sled after going from a 121" 1.5 rubber Snow X track to a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra..I picked up 5mph easy, the off trail was where it was at though, I was finally able to go off with my ridding buddy with his assault, so in 3' of powder on a Nytro, was fun and that track shined,..it's a great cross over track..

What track did he previously have on there for the comparison?

Are you or him expecting it to hook up on ice like a studded sled for a drag race..:lol:

Edited by Rigid1

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I've had the complete opposite happen with my sled after going from a 121" 1.5 rubber Snow X track to a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra..I picked up 5mph easy, the off trail was where it was at though, I was finally able to go off with my ridding buddy with his assault, so in 3' of powder on a Nytro, was fun and that track shined,..it's a great cross over track..

What track did he previously have on there for the comparison?

Are you or him expecting it to hook up on ice like a studded sled for a drag race..:lol:

He ordered it with that combo. I had my 850 with rip1 ....I was 10mph faster on top end. Obviously I hooked harder with the studded rip

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He ordered it with that combo. I had my 850 with rip1 ....I was 10mph faster on top end. Obviously I hooked harder with the studded rip

Well obviously you can compare that and think you have an honest opinion on a tracks performance, goof!

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Well obviously you can compare that and think you have an honest opinion on a tracks performance, goof!

What the fuck are you babbling about?

That track slowed his 850 down badly and it didn’t hook for shit. It’s useless for a trail sled.