Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

guess you should have gotten one over the SKS 

The SKS is a riot. It climbs and maneuvers better but I have more lug. I may jump to a Doo next year. Local dealer is now Doo and Poo. Both Perm and Woolie admit the BC is more work on the trail. Mine is too but I think I narrowed it down to ski alignment after hitting an ice ridge on Little Canada.

Edited by s pump

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

HPG plus in the front,  don't think the skid shocks are though that has been a doo weakness for years on anything but an x/xrs  

Damn that is lame.

Just now, s pump said:

The SKS is a riot. It climbs and maneuvers better but I have more lug. I may jump to a Doo next year. Local dealer is now Doo and Poo.

saw they picked up doo.  I'm thinking a doo for next year as well but mine will have a Sea in front of it.  Fuck this cold weather shit.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

saw they picked up doo.  I'm thinking a doo for next year as well but mine will have a Sea in front of it.  Fuck this cold weather shit.  

Too bad. I get it on the cold weather tho. Was talking to my buddy yestee and it was 48 raining and dark. He was on the 17th drinking a beer in 80 degree sunshine.

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are the shocks on a 19 Backcountry rebuildable..they have to be right? 

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

HPG plus in the front,  don't think the skid shocks are though that has been a doo weakness for years on anything but an x/xrs  

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn that is lame.

Like AGR said, the standard Backcountry is like the Adrenaline Renegade or TNT.  Fronts are rebuildable, center and rear are throw away. 

It's called marketing.  If they made them all with rebuildable KYB Pro40/36s all Renegades and Backcountry, would be $14K and up. You'd have no entry level sleds 

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Non rebuildable shocks on a 13-15k sled :lol: (cad) :lol: 

I get that it’s a base model sled but it’s an 850 Backcountry not a 500 fanner FFS...throw some rebuildables in the skid...they don’t have  to be Elkas or Exits.

• Like 1