Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ACE said:

But the lug does 

You do know the stud is inside if the lug right..Like if you took Bhens dildo, it just flops around like a wet noodle, but then you took a 1/4" metal rod and shoved it inside, now it doesn't flop around at all, it's straight and stiff..Neat, engineering for yah!! Whoop

Edited by Rigid1

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

Ripsaw does suck on loose snow, but these backers really help.  I did 144 singles and doubles and on hardpack it hooks really well

20171007_195355.jpg

I did the same on my last one and while it was slightly better it still sucked

42 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

You do know the stud is inside if the lug right..Like if you took Bhens dildo, it just flops around like a wet noodle, but then you took a 1/4" metal rod and shoved it inside, now it doesn't flop around at all, it's straight and stiff..Neat, engineering for yah!! Whoop

You can grab the lug and fold it by hand for a bit.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

What the fuck are you babbling about?

That track slowed his 850 down badly and it didn’t hook for shit. It’s useless for a trail sled. 

My cobra works great and hooks great. And still in good shape. 

3 hours ago, Doos said:

I’m sure I’d be happy with either, shit can happen with any of them. Does Polaris have anything like the Linq system? Most of my riding will be 3 to 4 day across the UP trips, the Linq set up was slick. 

I have LINQ on all my sleds 2 Poos, Cat and Doo.

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

You can grab the lug and fold it by hand for a bit.  

I have one in my garage, 100% BS, a single metal stud at the tip has more movement due to the track giving way when you push on it with your thumb, way more.. 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Cobra is garbage. Too soft 

My Cat turbo spit lugs like Chiclets.  Not a fan.  But certain conditions, they hooked hard.

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

1.6 ice cobra is useless on my buddies 850. Doesn’t hook well and absolutely destroys top speed

I think thats what my Back Country has.  All I know is the fucking thing aggravates my carpal tunnel that I had surgery for, after years of motocross.  It went away, then came back.. ....this weekend....with a brand new sled that should be smooth as shit.  In the deep snow however, all is forgotten.  Had some initial amazeball experiences this weekend up on the border cut.  This thing is really capable in deep snow and I can roll it over pretty easy to get out of a Stuck

edit:  PS:  saw 95 on the speedo, would guess 95-100 real mph is gps top speed

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My Cat turbo spit lugs like Chiclets.  Not a fan.  But certain conditions, they hooked hard.

I think thats what my Back Country has.  All I know is the fucking thing aggravates my carpal tunnel that I had surgery for, after years of motocross.  It went away, then came back.. ....this weekend....with a brand new sled that should be smooth as shit.  In the deep snow however, all is forgotten.  Had some initial amazeball experiences this weekend up on the border cut.  This thing is really capable in deep snow and I can roll it over pretty easy to get out of a Stuck

I’m sure you’re happy to be back on that 2s for sure.

My cat turbo is shredding its cobra at a fast rate. Fucking stupid cat putting a single ply track on a turbo sled. 250hp has been stretching it bad too

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

edit:  PS:  saw 95 on the speedo, would guess 95-100 real mph is gps top speed

What did you get?

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

What did you get?

New 20 Back Country 850.  I already miss the turbo on the trails, and the C motion is no match for an R motion on the trails, but in deep snow its an animal.  Jumps up and out of the snow really easily. K 21/45 gearing on a 146” vs 25/45 in most stock 137” tracks.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Aids.

:lol:  🖕

• Haha 1