Check your account email address ×

Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

5 hours ago, thewayout said:

I’d have 0 concerns with a 2020+ 850. First years on the other hand, no thanks. 

also, I haven’t heard of any issues with the 850 doos except exhaust valve gaskets

Yes the power valves leak on all of these

4 hours ago, Anler said:

JT was on here the other day complaining about the doo 850 spitting gas and oil. Said its pretty common :dunno:

@jtssrx

Yep they leak at the power valve. 

14 hours ago, f7ben said:

Well he stated he was a fan of the ice ripper for years 

which means he’s saying he’s a fan of the ripsaw1 track with useless screw in junks

there is no more worthless setup than that

the ripper xt is a rip2 I believe and that will be a good track but the prestudded tracks are 100% useless and provide basically no more traction than any unstudded track

If you’re only looking for breaking and keeping you for spinning out on a Icy road “safety purposes” they are fine outside of the that they are useless 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

If you’re only looking for breaking and keeping you for spinning out on a Icy road “safety purposes” they are fine outside of the that they are useless 

Any blip of the throttle has them spinning on ice just as bad as anything else. Witnessed it countless times

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Any blip of the throttle has them spinning on ice just as bad as anything else. Witnessed it countless times

Yes they spin and as a result you can bring the back end around but they straighten right out when you let out of the throttle. I had one on my xrs last season it’s fine if you don’t care about great or even good traction 

13 hours ago, Kev144 said:

No doubt the pre studded ice ripper is the worst track on market after the ripsaw 1. 

The IceCobra is worse. 

13 hours ago, ACE said:

Ripsaw 1 is hot garbage 

It shouldn't be on anything with more than 100hp. 

13 hours ago, ACE said:

Cobra is garbage. Too soft 

Yep

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

When you add the pre-studs it stiffens up the lug significantly, I had a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra on my Nytro shorty which hooked up really well..the studs are the same as the car tires use, they don't screw in as some say..They are a stud, thread less, with an oversized cup at the end, you actually have to use a stud gun to insert them in to the molded hole..

That's probably a 2 ply track.  The IceCobra that comes on the Doo's is a single ply

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

1.6 ice cobra is useless on my buddies 850. Doesn’t hook well and absolutely destroys top speed

Yep 

12 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I've had the complete opposite happen with my sled after going from a 121" 1.5 rubber Snow X track to a 129" 1.6 ice Cobra..I picked up 5mph easy, the off trail was where it was at though, I was finally able to go off with my ridding buddy with his assault, so in 3' of powder on a Nytro, was fun and that track shined,..it's a great cross over track..

What track did he previously have on there for the comparison?

Are you or him expecting it to hook up on ice like a studded sled for a drag race..:lol:

Those pre studded tracks are pretty much for stopping only 

12 hours ago, f7ben said:

What the fuck are you babbling about?

That track slowed his 850 down badly and it didn’t hook for shit. It’s useless for a trail sled. 

It's a shit track period 

12 hours ago, ACE said:

That’s a stupid track 

Yep

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

My Cat turbo spit lugs like Chiclets.  Not a fan.  But certain conditions, they hooked hard.

I think thats what my Back Country has.  All I know is the fucking thing aggravates my carpal tunnel that I had surgery for, after years of motocross.  It went away, then came back.. ....this weekend....with a brand new sled that should be smooth as shit.  In the deep snow however, all is forgotten.  Had some initial amazeball experiences this weekend up on the border cut.  This thing is really capable in deep snow and I can roll it over pretty easy to get out of a Stuck

edit:  PS:  saw 95 on the speedo, would guess 95-100 real mph is gps top speed

Yours came standard with the 1.6 IceCobra iirc. That track blows on hardpack 

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

New 20 Back Country 850.  I already miss the turbo on the trails, and the C motion is no match for an R motion on the trails, but in deep snow its an animal.  Jumps up and out of the snow really easily. K 21/45 gearing on a 146” vs 25/45 in most stock 137” tracks.

:lol:  🖕

I had some clown on FB (he's my son's friend's dad)  trying to tell me the CMotion is better than the RMotion :lol: :lmao:

10 hours ago, ACE said:

They make a 1.5” ripsaw 2 now?? Throw you’re cobra in the trash!!

B7725B74-E494-4DEA-A8BD-D0E1E8097C4D.png

That tracks has been out for a while now

9 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Yes the power valves leak on all of these

Yep they leak at the power valve. 

Haven't heard anything about them being an issue on the '20s :dunno:

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Exactly

36 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Yes they spin and as a result you can bring the back end around but they straighten right out when you let out of the throttle. I had one on my xrs last season it’s fine if you don’t care about great or even good traction 

It's pretty much useless on anything with any real HP except for stopping

34 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

So how much of a discount does the OP get for such a glowing report ?

I didn't write the article, faggot  :bigfinger::finger:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

True they don't have alot of penetration so they will spin but it's just good enough to keep you from sliding around icy corners too bad. It's a good compromise for guys who typically don't use studs. For any kind of performance they are useless. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

True they don't have alot of penetration so they will spin but it's just good enough to keep you from sliding around icy corners too bad. It's a good compromise for guys who typically don't use studs. For any kind of performance they are useless. 

I’ve ran the ice ripper for 4 years now. Better than no studs, not as good as the real thing. If you plan on “beating your buddy” in a race get the real thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ve ran the ice ripper for 4 years now. Better than no studs, not as good as the real thing. If you plan on “beating your buddy” in a race get the real thing. 

I had one on my 2015 renegade, it was fine for most riding but I knew right away it wasnt close to having push thrus. They are fine and serve a purpose for alot of riders. They are good for scratching up your garage floor I know that! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep

59054.thumb.jpeg.68c540c177c21c49b04adeb2788b4bb6.jpeg

@ACE 9306C on its 4th year.

59030.thumb.jpeg.7930487e837e040d1a195fb18035b679.jpeg

I have the 1.25 I think this 1.5 would be just perfect for what I do 

I’ve never actually seen a really good 1.5” track. Most are too soft on the tip and fold. This makes my pants tight!

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I've ridden most of the last 30k miles without studs,  had the ice cobra on my 16 xrs and put 5- 6k on it. Much better traction on the ice than the 1.75's i ran on either side of it.  just enough to get you going and keep you straight on lakes and iced up logging roads.  Too bad the track wore so poorly.  

1 minute ago, ACE said:

I’ve never actually seen a really good 1.5” track. Most are too soft on the tip and fold. This makes my pants tight!

storm 150 seems to be the best 1.5 track.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

I've ridden most of the last 30k miles without studs,  had the ice cobra on my 16 xrs and put 5- 6k on it. Much better traction on the ice than the 1.75's i ran on either side of it.  just enough to get you going and keep you straight on lakes and iced up logging roads.  Too bad the track wore so poorly.  

Exactly

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

The one with the red backers is the 1.25" with 135 1.375" Fast Trac Top Gun IIs in my '20 MXZ XRS 850. It's a great set up. 

The 1.50" Rip2 isn't folding. 

17 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

storm 150 seems to be the best 1.5 track.  

I looked at it at Novi show when it came out, wasn't impressed. Rip2 better IMO

14 minutes ago, Doos said:

Is the top track a 1.5” lug with 1.750’s?

Track with red backers is a Rip2 1.25" with 1.375s.  Black backers is Rip2 1.50" with 168 1.625s

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So what’s the difference between a C Motion and R Motion...guessing the C is uncoupled...anything else? 

uncoupled 146/154 vs coupled 137.  As woolie said on his review of the new sled not as good on trail but way better off than a 137.   

Edited by Angry ginger