Check your account email address ×

SSFB sled shopping thread

SSFB

I'm either trading or selling the '11 CF 800, need to get on an Axys Poo 800. Looking mostly at Switchback Assault's but would take a shorter Switchback given the right deal.

Any reason motor/chassis/suspension related that I should be looking at newer instead of a 2016 or 2017?

Just saw this one online. 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/snw/d/hutchinson-2016-polaris-pro-switchback/7013809189.html

Most everything else I've been looking at is leftover 2018/2019 Switchback Assaults.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, SSFB said:

I'm either trading or selling the '11 CF 800, need to get on an Axys Poo 800. Looking mostly at Switchback Assault's but would take a shorter Switchback given the right deal.

Any reason motor/chassis/suspension related that I should be looking at newer instead of a 2016 or 2017?

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/snw/d/hutchinson-2016-polaris-pro-switchback/7013809189.html

Most everything else I've been looking at is leftover 2018/2019 Switchback Assaults.

If you ride off trail a lot go with the Assault with the traditional skid, if you're mostly a trail guy go with the axys switchback..My 16 has been flawless for 3000 miles..Just gas and oil..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SSFB said:

But the leftover, there’s some good deals out there right now. I don’t think the assault has changed very much over the last couple years.

Not sure I’d be confident in a used 800 poo with a bunch of miles on it.

• Thanks 1

Dude.....you should have posted this 5 days ago. Would have given you the pro-x for what i paid.

There is no reason to avoid the 2015 and up polaris pros or prox

Assault stick to 2017 and up

Ok I don't know what your budget is but if you can stick to 2018 and up. They did some updates on the 2018 that improved the cooling and they seem to run better. That should last you a long time. 

Also if you get a 2018 (or lower) you need to update the snow flap to the current year. The one that came on the older models is fucking worthless. I think the 2019 is new. 

Good luck Joelle! You're going to love that sled. :bc:

Completely depends on what type of riding you do and how much you want to spend.   Anler and Ben are correct if choosing a Poo.  

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Ok I don't know what your budget is but if you can stick to 2018 and up. They did some updates on the 2018 that improved the cooling and they seem to run better. That should last you a long time. 

Also if you get a 2018 (or lower) you need to update the snow flap to the current year. The one that came on the older models is fucking worthless. I think the 2019 is new. 

Good luck Joelle! You're going to love that sled. :bc:

Is yours 2018?

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Completely depends on what type of riding you do and how much you want to spend.   Anler and Ben are correct if choosing a Poo.  

I’m aware of that, I just don’t know as much about the shorty sleds so was wondering if there was anything I should know.

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Is yours 2018?

I’m aware of that, I just don’t know as much about the shorty sleds so was wondering if there was anything I should know.

With the Rush many think the X package is too stiff.   

Heated cab, radio, air ride seat, 12 way blade to move any obstacles out of your way, and plenty of room for friends. As an added bonus it has 173 hp and 590 ft lbs of torque. Just don't let Bhen try to cross water with it, lol

2000-002-L1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

Heated cab, radio, air ride seat, 12 way blade to move any obstacles out of your way, and plenty of room for friends. As an added bonus it has 173 hp and 590 ft lbs of torque. Just don't let Bhen try to cross water with it, lol

2000-002-L1.jpg

If Bhen sunk that it would be Catastrophic  lol

17 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Is yours 2018?

Yes 2018. 

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

If Bhen sunk that it would be Catastrophic  lol

A neighboring club to us when I was in NH sunk their Tucker 1000.  The insurance covered it, but if memory serves they had tons of issues with it after spending around $90k on a complete refurb.  The next year all clubs were forbidden to have a groomer on the ice as we all shared the same insurance policy.

9 hours ago, SSFB said:

remember 16 SBA is not an axys 17 was first year when you are searching.  

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

remember 16 SBA is not an axys 17 was first year when you are searching.  

Oh yeah, thanks. I had forgotten about that. 

Im really leaning towards an 18 SBA 800 leftover in Minnesota. It’s just a little over $11k. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Wasnt 16 axys but non ho?

I thought the axys only got the HO 800? I'm pretty sure no axys has ever had the old CFI 800 before?

@SSFBThe 2018 and up axys 800s got a new 110° thermostat vs. 125° in 2017 and previous 800 HO sleds.  They also revised the head design so the new 110° theromstat wont fit into the 2017 and older 800 HOs unless you swap them. SMH.  My 2017 XCR never had a problem though, it always ran at 126 in nearly all conditions unless i was riding for an extended period of time down thin logging roads.  

Edited by thewayout

4 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I thought the axys only got the HO 800? I'm pretty sure no axys has ever had the old CFI 800 before?

@SSFBThe 2018 and up axys 800s got a new 110° thermostat vs. 125° in 2017 and previous 800 HO sleds.  They also revised the head design so the new 110° theromstat wont fit into the 2017 and older 800 HOs unless you swap them. SMH.  My 2017 XCR never had a problem though, it always ran at 126 in nearly all conditions unless i was riding for an extended period of time down thin logging roads.  

That might be right

1 hour ago, SSFB said:

Oh yeah, thanks. I had forgotten about that. 

Im really leaning towards an 18 SBA 800 leftover in Minnesota. It’s just a little over $11k. 

Winner winner chicken dinner! Like I said the only thing you NEED to do is update that snow flap(Polaris New OEM K-Snow Flap W/Plate, 2208195 - $35.00),the stock one is like a postage stamp and you are going to run hot trail riding and they know this because they changed it in 19 to the same one the indy uses. Much better. The assault is great for on trail and off, its the perfect do anything sled. Good luch bro! :bc: