Check your account email address ×

SSFB sled shopping thread

SSFB

11 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I didn't think walking to the nearest road was considered a fun factor, but  the more you know, I guess...

Well, one man’s fun is another mans shredded pistons skirts.  :lmao:

11 minutes ago, thewayout said:

No doubt, I absolutely loved my XCR.  $15-16k for a new 850 is just too damn much, and the 19s are still commanding big bucks for sleds with 2-3k on them already. 

BBB53434-6C9B-4107-B7D5-FB689523C8D7.gif

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Meth heads are the craziest!

...and @Highmark and @Snake fucking :owned:

In all honesty, I'd love to ride a new SRX across a lake just to try it out. 

Last Yamaha I rode was an 06 Apex Mountain that my buddy had. Always talking about how great it is. I rode that thing for two minutes and I'd rather ride a fucking 1999 Mountain Cat 600 than that Apex. Ill handling, gutless pile of 600 pound shit. "Oh but it's so reliable!" he says. He rode a Pro RMK the trip after that and realized how much of a POS that Apex was. Another friend had an Apex Mountain and the thing blew a rod bearing at 2600 miles. :lol:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, SSFB said:

In all honesty, I'd love to ride a new SRX across a lake just to try it out. 

Last Yamaha I rode was an 06 Apex Mountain that my buddy had. Always talking about how great it is. I rode that thing for two minutes and I'd rather ride a fucking 1999 Mountain Cat 600 than that Apex. Ill handling, gutless pile of 600 pound shit. "Oh but it's so reliable!" he says. He rode a Pro RMK the trip after that and realized how much of a POS that Apex was. Another friend had an Apex Mountain and the thing blew a rod bearing at 2600 miles. :lol:

giphy.gif

Nytros suck wiener too tbh

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Shut up stupid.:finger3:

C4E9D576-5A43-436F-94F6-AF8AF0BC9CE9.jpeg

Oh fuck!  Forgot about you!  SSFB owned tour ass too!!!

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ask any of my riding buddies here how my Yamahas went.

I don’t know what this means but, them on the phone!  

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Guy who just bought my prox is coming off a 146 sks.... said it was a nightmare on trail. 

I wouldn't do an sks if I planned on doing alot of trail riding. 

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I ride my RMK on the trail to get places,but it’s not fun on the trail. It’s amazing to see how many long tracks are trail riding. 

Yah....I rode about 20 miles on a 154 xp and it sucked ass really.bad

20 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I ride my RMK on the trail to get places,but it’s not fun on the trail. It’s amazing to see how many long tracks are trail riding. 

Big difference between an RMK and an SKS trail manners wise.

21 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah....I rode about 20 miles on a 154 xp and it sucked ass really.bad

you need to learn to ride better

I rode one on a 150 mile trip,  it was great for the morning when trails were smooth,  suspension once it was chopped up sucked though for th last 30-40 miles back.  it was actually the sled that got me to keep riding back in 2013 i used it when i ripped the exchanger off my renegade on my first retirement tour season

Edited by Angry ginger

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you need to learn to ride better

I rode one on a 150 mile trip,  it was great for the morning when trails were smooth,  suspension once it was chopped up sucked though for th last 30-40 miles back.  it was actually the sled that got me to keep riding back in 2013 i used it when i ripped the exchanger off my renegade on my first retirement tour season

Kill yourself

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Guy who just bought my prox is coming off a 146 sks.... said it was a nightmare on trail. 

Come on. 50 years riding this season. I'm fucking old and NEVER been passed other than by guys in my group fucking around. It may not be the hottest trail burner made but I'll wait for you at the intersections and come back and pull you out when we pop off trail....Assault is a great sled, Sks will let you get places only dreamed of 10 years ago.   Fhaygit

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I wouldn't do an sks if I planned on doing alot of trail riding. 

Depends on your riding terrain. Flat land with shallow snow, probably not the right sled. Deep snow, and elevation change, awesome sled.

• Like 1