Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I will never support the removal of a c constitutionally protected right, ever.

So change the constitution just like they did when they added the 2nd amendment.

It’s 2018, not 1791 anymore eh

:bc:

“Since the Constitution came into force in 1789, it has been amended 27 times[3] to meet the changing needs of a nation now profoundly different from the eighteenth-century world in which its creators lived.[4]

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

So change the constitution just like they did when they added the 2nd amendment.

“Since the Constitution came into force in 1789, it has been amended 27 times[3] to meet the changing needs of a nation now profoundly different from the eighteenth-century world in which its creators lived.[4]

No.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

So explain the Vegas shooter. How old was he? Did he get participation trophies, spend all day playing GTA?

No , he was on phyc meds , just like the last one in fla and almost all the others.

7 hours ago, ckf said:

My point is that if someone wants to murder someone, or a crowd of people, banning guns isn't going to stop them from doing it.

Nothing is , if someone is hellbent on killing you as a single target or a group , unless you are ready to spend 24/7 to keep it from happening , you are as good as dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Society has changed. It’s not the teachers it’s the family. Half of marriges end in divorce. Kids get shifted around into mixed families like cattle this creates an acceptance to this lifestyle. So the next generation of family gets worse. 

Whos responsible to attend the PTA meetings? Mom, Dad, new Dad, New Mom...Newest Dad or newest Mom?

gun laws need to be simplified. There are over 6,000 state and federal gun laws now. Some states have way too many and some states have none.

One simple fed carry permit. Renewed every 3 years. Extensive Safety training required with a major background and psychological check.

This is the most normal post you have ever made.

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I’m on the fence with the military gun ownership.  But I also know why the 2nd was written.  Fact is. These retards are using the wrong weapon for what they want to do.  There are better, easier and cheaper ways to inflict maximum death and suffering than a semi-auto military styled weapon.  Shit, as gross as this sounds, it’s best they use the AR’s to keep death tolls down.  ‘Course, most of these people are ignorant as hell....they just wanna look cool I guess. Beats the fuck out and me.  15 minutes of fame syndrome?  No idea.

Exactly . The reason ar's are used is these people see em on the news. Its a varmit round. The military adopted it because it does a great job of wounding. The premesis being if you wound a guy it takes 2 guys to carry him out of the battle. Therefore you took 3 guys out of the fight. 

Want a deadly fucking gun , use a 3" 12 gauge 00 buck shot. 15 bullets for every trigger pull. Perfectly legal to buy. I have a box sitting right here on my desk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’m afraid we’re simply stuck with the prevalence of school and mass shootings for the time being. It’s going to grow far worse as time marches along. I don’t believe that there’s one or two causative factors to this. I think people, when faced with a grizzly and horrendous situation, try to compact it down to one or two root causes for their own comfort. That type of thinking will no doubt be the rule of land. It’s a disasterous approach, but one that will be hugged to the end. At least the Muslims are getting a break. 

But that's human nature. To want a simple solution. Even when it is obvious that there isn't one. 

And for the total ban people , keep in mind Mexico has a total ban.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Exactly . The reason ar's are used is these people see em on the news. Its a varmit round. The military adopted it because it does a great job of wounding. The premesis being if you wound a guy it takes 2 guys to carry him out of the battle. Therefore you took 3 guys out of the fight. 

Want a deadly fucking gun , use a 3" 12 gauge 00 buck shot. 15 bullets for every trigger pull. Perfectly legal to buy. I have a box sitting right here on my desk.

I was explaining this to my Gf yesterday,  wait till one of these idiots figure out a shotgun would do way more damage..  

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Agreed.  We have a unique social problem here in America that nobody wants to talk about.  

People want to talk about just nobody wants to do anything (pay for it) about it. We have more and more young kids with psychological and mental problems, that's not going to fix itself. And as long as those kids (and adults) have access to high capacity rifles we are going to keep seeing this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

They use the AR because it has high capacity magazines which can be switched out quickly. A shotgun will do more damage but can't be reloaded as fast. 

Listen I'm a second amendment guy too but parents are pissed off and they want something done. You may have to sacrifice the AR and background checks and gun ownership is going to highly scrutinized. 

9 hours ago, ckf said:

Are you not paying attention, or am I just to buzzed to make my point clear enough to understand? If someone wants to commit a crime they will start by buying an illegal gun. Banning guns will just keep law abiding citizens from owning guns.

I personally don't see the need for military style guns, but who am I to say what style gun you can own. Correct me if I am wrong but the Rugger mini 14 or whatever it is called does the same thing. I think it's popular with ranchers to control varmints. Should that be outlawed too? 

The National Firearms Act of 1934 was in response to gangland shootings, it had some teeth until 1968  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

In response to your bold nowhere have I said to ban all guns, but do you disagree that assault type of weapons are efficient in killing and maiming in large numbers and thus that efficiency makes it easier for the deranged to rack up a higher casualty count than could be attained with a weapon with a slower rate of fire?

This debate will continue until the next mass shooting in this country, and the next, and the next after that..................We are Number 1, we lead the civilized world in mass shootings.....what are other countries doing differently?

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The National Firearms Act of 1934 was in response to gangland shootings, it had some teeth until 1968  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

In response to your bold nowhere have I said to ban all guns, but do you disagree that assault type of weapons are efficient in killing and maiming in large numbers and thus that efficiency makes it easier for the deranged to rack up a higher casualty count than could be attained with a weapon with a slower rate of fire?

This debate will continue until the next mass shooting in this country, and the next, and the next after that..................We are Number 1, we lead the civilized world in mass shootings.....what are other countries doing differently?

We can ban Muslims by the end of the day, nobody would have a problem denying them their constitutional rights, but more Americans are killed by Americans with AR 15's than by Muslims. By a very large percentage. Answer - too bad. Weird. 

There are a few things we can, and should do.

1. National gun buyers card/permit renewable every two years.  To obtain one a deep background check, and a mental health evaluation are required.

2.  All purchases, dealer and private go through background/buyers permit check.  

3.  Limit feed/magazine size to 5 shells.

4.  Criminalize bump stocks, cranks, and other mechanical assisted rate of fire devices.

5.  Require secure gun storage, criminalize negligent storage of weapons.

6.  Spend federal dollars to install mag and bag entry for all schools in the US.

7.  Spend federal dollars on national (optional per district) sentinel programs.

Neal

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are a few things we can, and should do.

1. National gun buyers card/permit renewable every two years.  To obtain one a deep background check, and a mental health evaluation are required.

2.  All purchases, dealer and private go through background/buyers permit check.  

3.  Limit feed/magazine size to 5 shells.

4.  Criminalize bump stocks, cranks, and other mechanical assisted rate of fire devices.

5.  Require secure gun storage, criminalize negligent storage of weapons.

6.  Spend federal dollars to install mag and bag entry for all schools in the US.

7.  Spend federal dollars on national (optional per district) sentinel programs.

Neal

8.  Add a Gun Violence Restraining Order which allows any person with standing, to indicate a flag on a buyer's permit.

Neal

5 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

If this sicko couldn't get his hands on a gun he would have found some other way to do what he wanted to do. That's what the anti-gun nuts cannot get through their thick skulls. 

I'm not anti gun but this argument is fucking stupid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ICEMAN! said:

Holy shit. Don’t go bitch slapping them with facts.