Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The nra gets money from the firearm mfg to protect their interests. If you slice out of the pie firearm sales that land in the hands of the bad guys, you’re talking some big dollars. The best way to get some of the guns off the street is limit supply or tax them. There’s so many trickling down to young gang members because it’s cheap cheap cheap. A firearm in the hands of young gang member was prize in 2000. Few owned one because they either couldn’t get it or afford it. Now its like nothing to get a piece. 

You do realize the nra isn't the lobbiest for manufacturers right?

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

So how do you limit their access without affecting sane responsible gun buyers

Where did I  say anything about limiting anything...I was simply  agreeing with Gregs premise which is correct. 

The kid in Florida had easy access to a gun and look what happened...quit overthinking things.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Liberalism is a disease i think. :lol:

I know it is.  It's the bizare side of Islam.  Their problem (librulz) is, it's dying and has been since our election.  They refuse to be intelligent enought to see it.  So, like any good disease, it's fighting hard to the end of it's own erradication.  And like most diseases that have been eradicated by humans, the more the disease resists, the more radical the extermination process becomes until..POOF!  Cured!

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Thing is they can’t see past the end of their nose. They see people getting shot and think the gun is the problem. But they don’t care to look into WHY people are doing this 

Exactly.  Liberal values are already in place heavily in most of the civilized world.  Hell, my values are MUCHO liberal.  They just can't help but be pesky, repugnant, cowarly twats running around with the "for the greater good" as their sheet over the fascism they so badly want.

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve worked in forensic counseling for 25 years. Black market weapons are cheaper than they’ve ever been on the street. Good quality stuff as well. It’s possible to get a decent piece in an hour. The main reason is production of firearms has doubled since 2008. Straw purchases are funneling enormous amounts of firearms on to the street level. The gun companies love it. The nra loves it. The gop loves it. Illegal firearms has become a multi billion dollar industry with politicians and gun makers in the fold. 

This is incorrect.  You villified the NRA and the R's cuz that's what your side does.  That's why your sides credibility on these matters suffers. Fact is, laws that are in place to prevent most of this are not being enforced.  The "black market" as you call it is mostly made up of person to person, non documented sales.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Where did I  say anything about limiting anything...I was simply  agreeing with Gregs premise which is correct. 

The kid in Florida had easy access to a gun and look what happened...quit overthinking things.

That is true.

The heroin epidemic is partly because heroin is so cheap. Price and availability always plays a role in consumption. At least in a thinking man’s head. 

But it’s illegal to produce heroin in the US so how can that be? 

The heroin epidemic is partly because heroin is so cheap. Price and availability always plays a role in consumption. At least in a thinking man’s head. 

Ummm...we had a guy where i worked who was an addict....he was bringing in 1200$ a week at his job.....and was caught knocking off variety stores to feed his habit....its not so cheap i think. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I know it is.  It's the bizare side of Islam.  Their problem (librulz) is, it's dying and has been since our election.  They refuse to be intelligent enought to see it.  So, like any good disease, it's fighting hard to the end of it's own erradication.  And like most diseases that have been eradicated by humans, the more the disease resists, the more radical the extermination process becomes until..POOF!  Cured!

Exactly.  Liberal values are already in place heavily in most of the civilized world.  Hell, my values are MUCHO liberal.  They just can't help but be pesky, repugnant, cowarly twats running around with the "for the greater good" as their sheet over the fascism they so badly want.

This is incorrect.  You villified the NRA and the R's cuz that's what your side does.  That's why your sides credibility on these matters suffers. Fact is, laws that are in place to prevent most of this are not being enforced.  The "black market" as you call it is mostly made up of person to person, non documented sales.

The increased flow of inexpensive firearms to the street level is due to low cost and easy availability. Even simple simon knows that these guns are being made somewhere. The availability of low cost handguns on the street began in 2008-2009. The cost has been dropping ever since. Simple supply and demand, Einstein.