Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ICEMAN! said:

How many kids get killed every day by accidentally getting shot by a friend or sibling?   You could start by solving that problem and then work on the mass shootings problem next, or you could all grow a set and attempt to fix it all at once.

As for the flu, there is a ton of money being spent to alleviate the symptoms or find a cure while there’s no attempt at solving the gun problems you’ve got.  That’s the difference between a flu shot and a gun shot.

Actually most flu deaths are from people who either didn't get flu shot or came into contact with someone who didn't get one. So most of those are preventable

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Day traders too. 

If there was a way to get rid of guns entirely that would be a solution...but you have to be an imbecile like revkev or iceman to believe thats possible.

Just now, DAVE said:

If there was a way to get rid of guns entirely that would be a solution...but you have to be an imbecile like revkev or iceman to believe thats possible.

If there would be no guns, there could be no gun violence. That is a fact. But the fact remains that there are guns and will be for many years to come in America. Criminals and gang members love the nra as much as sportsman. It’s all the same. 

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I’m not actually anti-gun.  I’m pro common sense.  The US needs better gun laws.  To just sit here and shrug and go “meh, nothing can be done” is idiotic.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

I’m not actually anti-gun.  I’m pro common sense.  The US needs better gun laws.  To just sit here and shrug and go “meh, nothing can be done” is idiotic.

You dont come across that way.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Then throw some ideas out there . as Obama would say , I'm all ears

5 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

Yet, you and your side do nothing but whine about it as you throw no realistic ideas worth a shit into the bucket.  It’s what librulz do...whine and cry about something that makes them emotionally distract....and expect others to fix them.

So, what might you suggest?  Try to put some real thought and “pro-common sense”, as you say, into it.

I’m not waiting because I’m positive your answer will be idiotic and unrealistic...as all of the left’s answers are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

If there would be no guns, there could be no gun violence. That is a fact. But the fact remains that there are guns and will be for many years to come in America. Criminals and gang members love the nra as much as sportsman. It’s all the same. 

That being said... restrictions only keep them away from one of the 3 you mentioned.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Then throw some ideas out there . as Obama would say , I'm all ears

Neal already posted a good list

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yet, you and your side do nothing but whine about it as you throw no realistic ideas worth a shit into the bucket.  It’s what librulz do...whine and cry about something that makes them emotionally distract....and expect others to fix them.

So, what might you suggest?  Try to put some real thought and “pro-common sense”, as you say, into it.

I’m not waiting because I’m positive your answer will be idiotic and unrealistic...as all of the left’s answers are.

See above

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are a few things we can, and should do.

1. National gun buyers card/permit renewable every two years.  To obtain one a deep background check, and a mental health evaluation are required.

2.  All purchases, dealer and private go through background/buyers permit check.  

3.  Limit feed/magazine size to 5 shells.

4.  Criminalize bump stocks, cranks, and other mechanical assisted rate of fire devices.

5.  Require secure gun storage, criminalize negligent storage of weapons.

6.  Spend federal dollars to install mag and bag entry for all schools in the US.

7.  Spend federal dollars on national (optional per district) sentinel programs.

Neal

Good post

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

There are a few things we can, and should do.

1. National gun buyers card/permit renewable every two years.  To obtain one a deep background check, and a mental health evaluation are required.

2.  All purchases, dealer and private go through background/buyers permit check.  

3.  Limit feed/magazine size to 5 shells.

4.  Criminalize bump stocks, cranks, and other mechanical assisted rate of fire devices.

5.  Require secure gun storage, criminalize negligent storage of weapons.

6.  Spend federal dollars to install mag and bag entry for all schools in the US.

7.  Spend federal dollars on national (optional per district) sentinel programs.

Neal

With a good licensing system you don’t need to criminalize or even limit hardware. If someone is of sound mine to own and operate a rifle, a hand gun or bump Stock makes no difference. It’s not like a completely sane person gets a fully auto weapon either and all of a sudden thinks “damn let’s go slaughter people!”.

safe and mandatory storage laws will go further to prevent tragedies. I don’t know why people are against that 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

That being said... restrictions only keep them away from one of the 3 you mentioned.

I’ve worked in forensic counseling for 25 years. Black market weapons are cheaper than they’ve ever been on the street. Good quality stuff as well. It’s possible to get a decent piece in an hour. The main reason is production of firearms has doubled since 2008. Straw purchases are funneling enormous amounts of firearms on to the street level. The gun companies love it. The nra loves it. The gop loves it. Illegal firearms has become a multi billion dollar industry with politicians and gun makers in the fold. 

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ve worked in forensic counseling for 25 years. Black market weapons are cheaper than they’ve ever been on the street. Good quality stuff as well. It’s possible to get a decent piece in an hour. The main reason is production of firearms has doubled since 2008. Straw purchases are funneling enormous amounts of firearms on to the street level. The gun companies love it. The nra loves it. The gop loves it. Illegal firearms has become a multi billion dollar industry with politicians and gun makers in the fold. 

Oh please explain why the Mrs loves illegal guns

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The usa is the biggest arms dealer in the world....Obama was just blowing hot air.

14 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

This is the alt left betas here

A29A5F52-E048-4BA0-AEBA-A2847FDD7A3B.jpeg

This really is it in a simple and plain nutshell.  Period.  And that is NEVER going to happen.  The more the left pushes for it, the harder the right will fight back...and that is how it is in America now.  No simple common sense looking for common ground.  Just "us vs' them" attitude.  I know what it is...but I'm so disgusted by what I've seen from the left the last few years, I'll fight on the side of the Right.  Less fucking cowardly whiners even though most need to be exterminated anyway.

Just now, Zambroski said:

This really is it in a simple and plain nutshell.  Period.  And that is NEVER going to happen.  The more the left pushes for it, the harder the right will fight back...and that is how it is in America now.  No simple common sense looking for common ground.  Just "us vs' them" attitude.  I know what it is...but I'm so disgusted by what I've seen from the left the last few years, I'll fight on the side of the Right.  Less fucking cowardly whiners even though most need to be exterminated anyway.

Liberalism is a disease i think. :lol:

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Auto correct was supposed to say nra

The nra gets money from the firearm mfg to protect their interests. If you slice out of the pie firearm sales that land in the hands of the bad guys, you’re talking some big dollars. The best way to get some of the guns off the street is limit supply or tax them. There’s so many trickling down to young gang members because it’s cheap cheap cheap. A firearm in the hands of young gang member was prize in 2000. Few owned one because they either couldn’t get it or afford it. Now its like nothing to get a piece. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Thing is they can’t see past the end of their nose. They see people getting shot and think the gun is the problem. But they don’t care to look into WHY people are doing this