Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Would banning guns help cut down the murders associated with your city?

I think he lives in a city that proves that doesn’t do anything.  Again, we have a societal issue of hate, divide, and no real perceived consequences for actions.  All this made possible by weak leadership and social media.

I don’t know what the solution is but I know complaining about guns and trying to ban them is not the answer.  But I do love the nonsense about it after every event.  No solutions or even ideas, just whining about guns.....mostly from the left.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Would banning guns help cut down the murders associated with your city?

You're confusing gang wars with the mass murdering of innocent individuals. War is war whether it's in the ME or in urban America, sure there is collateral damage in those wars as there is in all wars, but the innocent are not taken out with intent. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

You're confusing gang wars with the mass murdering of innocent individuals. War is war whether it's in the ME or in urban America, sure there is collateral damage in those wars as there is in all wars, but the innocent are not taken out with intent. 

My point is that if someone wants to murder someone, or a crowd of people, banning guns isn't going to stop them from doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I wasn't referring to school shootings in that post. I was answering revkev's post about the Vegas shooter :bc:

Always is always CKF, think about it...........we are in a different world than we grew up in, society needs to adapt :bc: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That’s not what I said and that’s not my logic.  You went full librul on that answer and you’re better than that.  

OK so you don't mind somebody that is mentally ill owning firearms? 

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Really?  I won’t laugh here.  So, in your sanctuary, the only ones shot/killed are combatants in your little war zone?

Seems I’ve read plenty about kids dying BY THE NUMBERS for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or, do Chicagoans just call this a “meh, what can you do?” situation. But that crazy white dude with the AR’s!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line, it’s not a gun ban that will stop this.  It sure as fuck hasn’t worked anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ckf said:

Do you guys really believe we need to take away Americans rights to own guns? I  can't believe some of the fucked up shit I've been reading lately. 18 years old is old enough to serve  your country, but not old enough to own a gun :wtf:  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the prob;ems started in this country when we took the ability to discipline children away from the teachers and then the parents. The problem is what we have become as a society, not the guns.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads, but I can't keep up with everything that goes on around here :ashamed:

No doubt that is a substantial part of the problem. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Always is always CKF, think about it...........we are in a different world than we grew up in, society needs to adapt :bc: 

Agreed on the bold. I just think banning guns will just keep them out of the hand of law abiding citizens. We certainly have better odds if law abiding Americans are allowed to carry guns. I'm not sure about other states but here in VT we are allowed concealed carry without any permits.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

OK so you don't mind somebody that is mentally ill owning firearms? 

Well, what are we gonna call “mentally ill”?  What’s the tipping point?  How can we identify them? Who decides?  The government?  That’s laughable.

Ok, so how about his then for the sake of easy-ness, even though it’s pretty absurd.  How about anybody that seeks counseling for any reason be on the “no gun buy” list. That way, we can at least know that the ones that feel like they can’t control themselves, their emotions can’t buy a gun.  Now, what do we do for the defects that never seek help?  Should everyone be required to be evaluated?  Who does that?  And who decides?

I don’t know what the answer is.  I just know we are doing something wrong with our society.  A lot of hate running amuck and some are snapping.

17 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's to explain? We have always hat nuts that like to do sick shit. Thing is a lo of it gets a lot more attention now because of the internet. Would banning guns have made a difference in Vegas? Banning guns would just keep them out of the hands of law abiding citizens IMO. BTW, how has the war on drugs worked out?

Why do you keep saying that? He was a law abiding citizen until he decided to kill a bunch of people.

Do you seriously not see how gun control has worked in every other Western Country?

If you really want an answer to your question then check out what other places have done.

The national post and all post media are fairly right wing.  Check out their take. 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/would-canadian-gun-laws-have-stopped-americas-worst-mass-shooters

2 minutes ago, ckf said:

My point is that if someone wants to murder someone, or a crowd of people, banning guns isn't going to stop them from doing it.

Banning guns is not a solution, the idea that anyone needs an assault weapon for personal protection is ludicrous, and any idea that an AR-15 will protect anyone from gubment subservience is ludicrous.

Watch these assholes who are armed with AK's................does anyone with a sane mind think that an AR would make a difference in the end result of this video?

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, what are we gonna call “mentally ill”?  What’s the tipping point?  How can we identify them? Who decides?  The government?  That’s laughable.

Ok, so how about his then for the sake of easy-ness, even though it’s pretty absurd.  How about anybody that seeks counseling for any reason be on the “no gun buy” list. That way, we can at least know that the ones that feel like they can’t control themselves, their emotions can’t buy a gun.  Now, what do we do for the defects that never seek help?  Should everyone be required to be evaluated?  Who does that?  And who decides?

I don’t know what the answer is.  I just know we are doing something wrong with our society.  A lot of hate running amuck and some are snapping.

By that classification I wouldn't be able to own a gun. When I was a child I got in trouble for driving without a license and was required to go to counseling as part of the court agreement.

The "when I was a child" reference is because I'm currently listening to Comfortably Numb on my headphones :lol: 

1 hour ago, ckf said:

Do you guys really believe we need to take away Americans rights to own guns? I  can't believe some of the fucked up shit I've been reading lately. 18 years old is old enough to serve  your country, but not old enough to own a gun :wtf:  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the prob;ems started in this country when we took the ability to discipline children away from the teachers and then the parents. The problem is what we have become as a society, not the guns.

I'm sure this has been discussed in other threads, but I can't keep up with everything that goes on around here :ashamed:

Society has changed. It’s not the teachers it’s the family. Half of marriges end in divorce. Kids get shifted around into mixed families like cattle this creates an acceptance to this lifestyle. So the next generation of family gets worse. 

Whos responsible to attend the PTA meetings? Mom, Dad, new Dad, New Mom...Newest Dad or newest Mom?

gun laws need to be simplified. There are over 6,000 state and federal gun laws now. Some states have way too many and some states have none.

One simple fed carry permit. Renewed every 3 years. Extensive Safety training required with a major background and psychological check.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Banning guns is not a solution, the idea that anyone needs an assault weapon for personal protection is ludicrous, and any idea that an AR-15 will protect anyone from gubment subservience is ludicrous.

Watch these assholes who are armed with AK's................does anyone with a sane mind think that an AR would make a difference in the end result of this video?

Wow.  You’re off the map, dude.  This is big government liberal idiocy 101.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why do you keep saying that? He was a law abiding citizen until he decided to kill a bunch of people.

Do you seriously not see how gun control has worked in every other Western Country?

If you really want an answer to your question then check out what other places have done.

The national post and all post media are fairly right wing.  Check out their take. 

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/would-canadian-gun-laws-have-stopped-americas-worst-mass-shooters

Shut the fuck up Momo Jr

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Are you not paying attention, or am I just to buzzed to make my point clear enough to understand? If someone wants to commit a crime they will start by buying an illegal gun. Banning guns will just keep law abiding citizens from owning guns.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I personally don't see the need for military style guns, but who am I to say what style gun you can own. Correct me if I am wrong but the Rugger mini 14 or whatever it is called does the same thing. I think it's popular with ranchers to control varmints. Should that be outlawed too? 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

By that classification I wouldn't be able to own a gun. When I was a child I got in trouble for driving without a license and was required to go to counseling as part of the court agreement.

The "when I was a child" reference is because I'm currently listening to Comfortably Numb on my headphones :lol: 

That’s what I mean.  Who decides the tipping point?  What decisions in life would be classified as being “mentally ill-equipped” to own fire arms?  What if somebody just had to recommend you seeking counseling?  Is that enough?  

If these are the measures, you think I’d be able to own firearms? :lol: I’ve got shit on record about my little “quirks”.  Does what I’ve done or said in the past make It more probable that I may open fire on innocent civilians.  No, it absolutely doesn’t.  

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Are you not paying attention, or am I just to buzzed to make my point clear enough to understand? If someone wants to commit a crime they will start by buying an illegal gun. Banning guns will just keep law abiding citizens from owning guns.

I personally don't see the need for military style guns, but who am I to say what style gun you can own. Correct me if I am wrong but the Rugger mini 14 or whatever it is called does the same thing. I think it's popular with ranchers to control varmints. Should that be outlawed too? 

I'm paying attention. You don't seem to be paying attention to the rest of the world. Check the national post link. See what you think.

The argument that people will find another way is proven wrong every day in countries that don't have access to as many weapons as you have. 

Your crazies can legally buy guns. Failing that, they probably know plenty of people who they can steal from. 

Our crazies would be hard pressed to find the weapons and ammo to do what the Vegas shooter did.

You've normalized gun ownership to such an extent that a crazy kid owning an AR15 is no big deal. 

8 minutes ago, ckf said:

I’m on the fence with the military gun ownership.  But I also know why the 2nd was written.  Fact is. These retards are using the wrong weapon for what they want to do.  There are better, easier and cheaper ways to inflict maximum death and suffering than a semi-auto military styled weapon.  Shit, as gross as this sounds, it’s best they use the AR’s to keep death tolls down.  ‘Course, most of these people are ignorant as hell....they just wanna look cool I guess. Beats the fuck out and me.  15 minutes of fame syndrome?  No idea.