Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

10 hours ago, JEFF said:

There's no way you're that dumb Vince. Like a Chinese general once said, we cannot attack America because behind every blade of grass is a gun.  One AR 15 isn't going to accomplish anything against a tyrant government. But 300 million will. 

That was actually Japan's Yamamoto, and it's un-proven he really said it.

Edited by XCR1250

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not anti gun but this argument is fucking stupid.

Well it’s Greenteeth, so I’m not sure why you’re expecting something intelligent or reasonable.

I remember him posting pics of a huge pile of guns just laying in the corner of one of his rooms.

:lol:

Safe storage?  Pfffft

54 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The National Firearms Act of 1934 was in response to gangland shootings, it had some teeth until 1968  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act

In response to your bold nowhere have I said to ban all guns, but do you disagree that assault type of weapons are efficient in killing and maiming in large numbers and thus that efficiency makes it easier for the deranged to rack up a higher casualty count than could be attained with a weapon with a slower rate of fire?

This debate will continue until the next mass shooting in this country, and the next, and the next after that..................We are Number 1, we lead the civilized world in mass shootings.....what are other countries doing differently?

Like I said before, I have no use for AR style guns. Yes, I agree that they are the most efficient gun to use to kill / wound the greatest number of people due to their high capacity magazines. But I don't think it is the style of gun that is the problem. It's the high capacity clips. The Rugger Mini 14 shoots the same .223 round and has large capacity magazines available, too.

Ruger-First-Gen-Mini.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I'm not anti gun but this argument is fucking stupid.

Not really Jim. I personally think we are going to start seeing more and more people being taken out with vehicles like they did in NY last fall. Or even truck bombs going off in populated areas. Imagine what a homemade truck bomb could do for damage on a busy NY street.

6 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

If this sicko couldn't get his hands on a gun he would have found some other way to do what he wanted to do. That's what the anti-gun nuts cannot get through their thick skulls. 

Ok so show us how this happens in other 1st world countries. You’ve had more than 40 mass shootings in 2018. Canada has 1/10th the population. Where are our four mass stabbings bombings or vehicular homicides this year, what about Europe? Many on this site talk about how dangerous immigrants are. They’ve had millions walk into Europe. Why haven’t they had 80 incidences this year if availability of guns isn’t  the real reason for mass shootings?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ICEMAN! said:

Well it’s Greenteeth, so I’m not sure why you’re expecting something intelligent or reasonable.

I remember him posting pics of a huge pile of guns just laying in the corner of one of his rooms.

Safe storage?  Pfffft

Well there is that but he isn't the only one....go next door and there are a bunch of them making that argument.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Like I said before, I have no use for AR style guns. Yes, I agree that they are the most efficient gun to use to kill / wound the greatest number of people due to their high capacity magazines. But I don't think it is the style of gun that is the problem. It's the high capacity clips. The Rugger Mini 14 shoots the same .223 round and has large capacity magazines available, too.

Ruger-First-Gen-Mini.jpg

Not really Jim. I personally think we are going to start seeing more and more people being taken out with vehicles like they did in NY last fall. Or even truck bombs going off in populated areas. Imagine what a homemade truck bomb could do for damage on a busy NY street.

Oh come on....it you want to talk about terrorist acts then fine but we are talking these school shooter types and incidents. Two different discussions IMO.

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Ya mean the 17 this week. 3 less then died from the flu? yes , 20 kids , out of the 4000 americans who died from it last week.

How many kids get killed every day by accidentally getting shot by a friend or sibling?   You could start by solving that problem and then work on the mass shootings problem next, or you could all grow a set and attempt to fix it all at once.

As for the flu, there is a ton of money being spent to alleviate the symptoms or find a cure while there’s no attempt at solving the gun problems you’ve got.  That’s the difference between a flu shot and a gun shot.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh come on....it you want to talk about terrorist acts then fine but we are talking these school shooter types and incidents. Two different discussions IMO.

Agreed on the school shootings part of it. But others have brought other shootings like happened in Vegas in to this discussion. :thumb: 

The simplest way to curb the school shootings would be to have all people accessing the building pass though a metal detector.

Just now, ckf said:

Agreed on the school shootings part of it. But others have brought other shootings like happened in Vegas in to this discussion. :thumb: 

The simplest way to curb the school shootings would be to have all people accessing the building pass though a metal detector.

It is what it is at this point...maybe metal detectors are part of the solution.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

How many kids get killed every day by accidentally getting shot by a friend or sibling?   You could start by solving that problem and then work on the mass shootings problem next, or you could all grow a set and attempt to fix it all at once.

As for the flu, there is a ton of money being spent to alleviate the symptoms or find a cure while there’s no attempt at solving the gun problems you’ve got.  That’s the difference between a flu shot and a gun shot.

:lmao: fucking insane argument maybe because it's not a problem without modern medicine we would all have been dead decades ago and 100's of thousand would be dying of various diseases ever fucking week you ignorant welching shit for brains :flush: 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Society has changed. It’s not the teachers it’s the family. Half of marriges end in divorce. Kids get shifted around into mixed families like cattle this creates an acceptance to this lifestyle. So the next generation of family gets worse. 

Whos responsible to attend the PTA meetings? Mom, Dad, new Dad, New Mom...Newest Dad or newest Mom?

gun laws need to be simplified. There are over 6,000 state and federal gun laws now. Some states have way too many and some states have none.

One simple fed carry permit. Renewed every 3 years. Extensive Safety training required with a major background and psychological check.

That doesn't help for sure.

7 minutes ago, Momorider said:

:lmao: fucking insane argument maybe because it's not a problem without modern medicine we would all have been dead decades ago and 100's of thousand would be dying of various diseases ever fucking week you ignorant welching shit for brains :flush: 

Gun violence in the US isn’t a problem?

After 9/11 you gave up all kinds of rights. How many have died from gun violence since then?  I would bet that if half the mass shootings this year had been terrorists, you would have agreed to house to house warrantless searches looking for Muslim’s to make it stop. 

Funny how the NRA owns congress, random gun owners can kill your children or other family members wherever they go and you think you are free. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

After 9/11 you gave up all kinds of rights. How many have died from gun violence since then?  I would bet that if half the mass shootings this year had been terrorists, you would have agreed to house to house warrantless searches looking for Muslim’s to make it stop. 

Funny how the NRA owns congress, random gun owners can kill your children or other family members wherever they go and you think you are free. 

Dipshits like you....like to blow things up like the media does.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

It takes a special kind of stupid to compare people that want to die to innocent victims. 

The media and fuckheads like yourself lump it all into one statistic.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its non existant? Since when?

Statiscally speaking it’s non existant

The US has a bigger problem with alt right domestic terrorists than it does with Muslims, but these nut jobs are protected by the NRA and they wear MAGA hats so it’s all good.

Edited by ICEMAN!