Check your account email address ×

Serious question on gun control

ckf

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

My bad. 144,000 abortions so far this year? That very promising. :lol:

Its all stats i know....im sure stats are padded to lean one way or the other....but gun violence is still not leading the list like libs want people to believe.

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Its all stats i know....im sure stats are padded to lean one way or the other....but gun violence is still not leading the list like libs want people to believe.

Why does it have to “lead the list” to be worthy of attention and to seek solutions?  The other issues on that list are being worked on or no...?

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Well what is the #1 cause of death for someone who isn't sick and isn't a fetus?

8 minutes ago, DAVE said:

What’s the #1 cause of death of schoolkids while at school during the day?

:dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, that doesn't discount our problem with mass shootings, nor the specific instances of school mass shootings.

Neal

Just call it "suicides by others" or crossed the Clinton's and there is no problem. :bc:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Who gives a fuck about abortions. They aren't people.  Cancer, Obesity? The same people who are against gun restrictions were and are against anti smoking campaigns and efforts to curb Obesity. In the 80's you were saying, they'll never stop people from smoking in bars.  If you die of cancer or obesity at 95, it's counted.  Not a lot of mass shootings targeting seniors residences or hospitals.  But I'm sure when you were dumb enough to weigh 300 lbs you would have been a big fat target.  Would that have counted as a death from Obesity because you couldn't hide your fat self behind a full grown maple or would that have been gun related?  What if you had a heart attack running to find a tree big enough?  Would that have been cigarettes, Obesity or could we have blamed that on stupidity for getting so fucking fat in the first place? Gotta get our stats right. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Who gives a fuck about abortions. They aren't people.  Cancer, Obesity? The same people who are against gun restrictions were and are against anti smoking campaigns and efforts to curb Obesity. In the 80's you were saying, they'll never stop people from smoking in bars.  If you die of cancer or obesity at 95, it's counted.  Not a lot of mass shootings targeting seniors residences or hospitals.  But I'm sure when you were dumb enough to weigh 300 lbs you would have been a big fat target.  Would that have counted as a death from Obesity because you couldn't hide your fat self behind a full grown maple or would that have been gun related?  What if you had a heart attack running to find a tree big enough?  Would that have been cigarettes, Obesity or could we have blamed that on stupidity for getting so fucking fat in the first place? Gotta get our stats right. 

I know alot of people who lost a shitload of weight and then died. I think God just doesn't like fat people, even when they get skinny. 

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

But that's human nature. To want a simple solution. Even when it is obvious that there isn't one. 

And for the total ban people , keep in mind Mexico has a total ban.

Human nature is an overused term. I’m not even sure what it means outside of seeking the heiarchy of needs. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s 25th in murder rate across the country. Not bad for a large city. Only cunts feel unsafe in the Windy City. 

And guns were banned in Chicago years ago. The gun rights people used that as a reason for the violence. Hand guns are now legal in Chicago and gun deaths are rising. 

10 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why are you so mad?

It must suck being so mad all the time I bet....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

You’ve probably been saying that for a lot of years. You’re getting your wish. 

The mass shooting phenomena will run its course. It’s kinda the in thing for now. If one can step back and force themselves to shed the emotional aspect of mass shootings, it’s really quite interesting. While occasionally the shooter acts on some form of perceived higher purpose such as religion or politics, most of the time there’s delusion, frustration, or internal emotional pain that’s gone haywire. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

The mass shooting phenomena will run its course. It’s kinda the in thing for now. If one can step back and force themselves to shed the emotional aspect of mass shootings, it’s really quite interesting. While occasionally the shooter acts on some form of perceived higher purpose such as religion or politics, most of the time there’s delusion, frustration, or internal emotional pain that’s gone haywire. 

Fired Postal workers doing mass shooting was a fad for a while if i recall correctly.

5 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

And guns were banned in Chicago years ago. The gun rights people used that as a reason for the violence. Hand guns are now legal in Chicago and gun deaths are rising. 

Easy access to firearms will cause an increase in firearm related deaths. Only a fucking idiot would think otherwise.