Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

not sure did not pay that much attention.  I do know a 570 ranger was used to pull it out 2 times though . accelerated like it was cvt but I honestly have no idea  

We had a Kubota once same deal ( it had turf tires) but I am thinking the shear weight was the down fall 

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I was able to get a few of my sleds out for shake down ride. Everything seams  to be running good.

9249FB30-6A62-47E0-B7EC-B17D2F37AB95.jpeg

Going to need some new carbides after that ride. Looks a little thin bud! :lol: 

:wishiwasriding: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Had one of those mowers and do not miss it.  Find the mystery grease zerk yet?

It gets used maybe 6 times a year. It cuts really fast and I only paid $500 for it. All of the bearings had been replaced just before I bought it. I set the cruise control and drink beer.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Going to need some new carbides after that ride. Looks a little thin bud! :lol: 

:wishiwasriding: 

I come in on the back side of the station,across some fields and Neigbor’s property. I get 2 to 3 thousand miles out of carbides and hyfax. It was definitely thin but I wasn’t riding any roads.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I was able to get a few of my sleds out for shake down ride. Everything seams  to be running good.

9249FB30-6A62-47E0-B7EC-B17D2F37AB95.jpeg

Don't post this at HCS or you'll have the base police up your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don't post this at HCS or you'll have the base police up your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There definitely wasn’t enough snow to ride the trails, had to stick to the grass areas. You can legally ride the trails near me year round, fuck the base police.

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

It gets used maybe 6 times a year. It cuts really fast and I only paid $500 for it. All of the bearings had been replaced just before I bought it. I set the cruise control and drink beer.

I'd recommend greasing the steering column.  You need to remove the steering wheel and console/dash to get to it, FYI.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There definitely wasn’t enough snow to ride the trails, had to stick to the grass areas. You can legally ride the trails near me year round, fuck the base police.

Oh I'm with you there 💯 

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That same mower was sold under probably 12 different names.

Hell, I think MTD pretty much makes them all now.  At least I heard they make all the “brand names” for the big box stores.

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hell, I think MTD pretty much makes them all now.  At least I heard they make all the “brand names” for the big box stores.

Hey butthole what kind of rivet gun should I buy to make this Grip n Rip install easier...I'm going to fuck it up anyhow but I prefer not to struggle in doing so.😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey butthole what kind of rivet gun should I buy to make this Grip n Rip install easier...I'm going to fuck it up anyhow but I prefer not to struggle in doing so.😂😂😂😂

At least get a swivel head  It makes negotiating easier.  Think they are about $25-30 at HD/Lowe’s/Menards.  

If I was smart, I would have bought a pneumatic riveter years ago but, even with that, a good hand riveter is still necessary.

Here’s what I have now. After using this, I threw out my other two.

9B60DC46-80D6-4FB3-8650-10A5C10C6E0E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

At least get a swivel head  It makes negotiating easier.  Think they are about $25-30 at HD/Lowe’s/Menards.  

If I was smart, I would have bought a pneumatic riveter years ago but, even with that, a good hand riveter is still necessary.

Ahhh very nice...TY Zimzamzoo!👍🏿

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

They do.  I had hundreds of hours mowing 3 acres on a 42" Craftsman.  Never really broke anything other than belts.  They are cheap and bulletproof for small lots.

Running a commercial grade Toro 60" ZTR now but the Craftsman got me through until I could get something better.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

This is the one I bought.  Wish I knew about the swivel head ones.

I remember trying to pull steel rivets by hand, what a pain in the ass.  Convinced my dad to get an air riveter back in the day and never looked back.  I bought one for myself probably 5 years ago, never even used it yet.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/hand-tools/staplers-staples-rivet-tools/stanley-reg-industrial-riveter/mr100cg/p-1444425526807-c-9164.htm?tid=1984878526887139254&ipos=24

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

They do.  I had hundreds of hours mowing 3 acres on a 42" Craftsman.  Never really broke anything other than belts.  They are cheap and bulletproof for small lots.

Running a commercial grade Toro 60" ZTR now but the Craftsman got me through until I could get something better.

This is the one I bought.  Wish I knew about the swivel head ones.

I remember trying to pull steel rivets by hand, what a pain in the ass.  Convinced my dad to get an air riveter back in the day and never looked back.  I bought one for myself probably 5 years ago, never even used it yet.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/hand-tools/staplers-staples-rivet-tools/stanley-reg-industrial-riveter/mr100cg/p-1444425526807-c-9164.htm?tid=1984878526887139254&ipos=24

Ya cant go wrong with an air riveter...anything else is a waste of money imo.