Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

Just now, Zambroski said:

Like I said.....like all say, it just depends how you ride.  My iceripper with those built in studs did ok.  I saw the benefit of that type of track.  It just didn’t work for how I ride.

Here is my 09 after a March ride on the North Shore after leaving Grand Portage late afternoon on a March ride, it would have got really lonely out there if the heat exchanger would have popped, but hey I was hooking up :thumbsup: Yea I know it was the outside belt with the tear outs, but I've many tear out of the center too on other sleds, in any event each to there own.

So much fun, good times, good fuckin times :bc: 

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

ojibwe.jpg

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve heard that before....and ita true.  Talented riding is what it’s really all about.  I’m a pretty decent rider and can, and have ridden without studs.  But it limits how far you can push the machine.  It’s fun to slide around and goof off on a studless machine but, I prefer riding with control and speed.  Hell, my skis are CA XT’s with 10” inch bides.  I’m not sure a studless track would even push me through the corners with those fucking things.  :lol:

Dude , your sled would be about 10mph faster if you tossed those things in the barrel  :bc:

25 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Like I said.....like all say, it just depends how you ride.  My iceripper with those built in studs did ok.  I saw the benefit of that type of track.  It just didn’t work for how I ride.

After I fucked up the track in in 09 I replaced it with a 136" Ice Ripper, first weekend in December 08 and I'm riding with team Canada and some maniac Munising local busting open swamps and then we hit H58 going into Grand Marais MI, 80 to 100 mile an hour just power sliding curves and corners taped, 18" of fluff snow with zero base............I fried the carbide right off of that Ice Ripper, rode the rest of the season and the next without studs, the throttle is your friend :bc:

@Momorider gets excited :lol:

image.jpeg.ba62ba729ad4cbe496c1a59b6b6ab2f3.jpeg

Edited by Mileage Psycho

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Here is my 09 after a March ride on the North Shore after leaving Grand Portage late afternoon on a March ride, it would have got really lonely out there if the heat exchanger would have popped, but hey I was hooking up :thumbsup: Yea I know it was the outside belt with the tear outs, but I've many tear out of the center too on other sleds, in any event each to there own.

So much fun, good times, good fuckin times :bc: 

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

ojibwe.jpg

Yeah, I never stud the outside.  I’ve never had a full tear out but I’ll bend a few every now and then.  I try hard to not spin the track and can usually push the track to the limits (or my limits) on the conditions without destroying it. Track spin=slowing speeds.

The “type of stud”, “how many studs” and “where and how to stud” is a whole different shit show argument in itself.  

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Dude , your sled would be about 10mph faster if you tossed those things in the barrel  :bc:

Just ride on the spindles?  I like you man but, you’re crazy!!!!  :lmao:

My set up is all about quickness and handling...not speed.  :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

After I fucked up the track in in 09 I replaced it with a 136" Ice Ripper, first weekend in December 08 and I'm riding with team Canada and some maniac Munising local busting open swamps and then we hit H58 going into Grand Marais MI, 80 to 100 mile an hour just power sliding curves and corners taped, 18" of fluff snow with zero base............I fried the carbide right off of that Ice Ripper, rode the rest of the season and the rest with now studs, the throttle is your friend :bc:

@Momorider gets excited :lol:

Image result for dicks throttle thumb

Lol

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve heard that before....and ita true.  Talented riding is what it’s really all about.  I’m a pretty decent rider and can, and have ridden without studs.  But it limits how far you can push the machine.  It’s fun to slide around and goof off on a studless machine but, I prefer riding with control and speed.  Hell, my skis are CA XT’s with 10” inch bides.  I’m not sure a studless track would even push me through the corners with those fucking things.  :lol:

I've run 8" Triple points for years, studs, studs make no difference the sled goes where I point it.

13 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I don't miss those pita things

Same here brother :bc:

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

That is not enough studs for a turbo sled Vince.......also the Cobra needs to be overstudded or it will be damaged in short order by that much power

That was the end of a 4,000 mile season, all season I had been riding in good conditions.

Steve and I met in Two Harbors and we rode that bombed out NS trail like a ditch line race up to GM, I launched my seat bag so deep we never found it, Jawn showed up a the next night and we tore up the res the following day, that evening I found us a DD van that night that took us to some bar between GM and Lutsen...............Jawn hit the Crown heavy that night :lol:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I've run 8" Triple points for years, studs, studs make no difference the sled goes where I point it.

Same here brother :bc:

That was the end of a 4,000 mile season, all season I had been riding in good conditions.

Steve and I met in Two Harbors and we rode that bombed out NS trail like a ditch line race up to GM, I launched my seat bag so deep we never found it, Jawn showed up a the next night and we tore up the res the following day, that evening I found us a DD van that night that took us to some bar between GM and Lutsen...............Jawn hit the Crown heavy that night :lol:

:lol: sounds awesome. Cant believe MTM quit. 

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Mtm had a permanent scowl on his face. Dont think he ever smiled.

Ewww.  I imagine that’s what MC and RevBetaCuck have on their faces all the time.  Toolie has a pedo smile because he’s retarded.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Ewww.  I imagine that’s what MC and RevBetaCuck have on their faces all the time.  Toolie has a pedo smile because he’s retarded.

Speaking of toolkit...i ecpect a triumphant return next weds morn...even if the dems only take the hiuse back!

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Speaking of toolkit...i ecpect a triumphant return next weds morn...even if the dems only take the hiuse back!

:lol:

Yep he'll be back prancing around like some drag queen 

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Never had a sled with studs.  My last one can with them but I pulled them all out and sold them.  

What am I missing out on?  I've never felt like I needed them and they will just tear the shit out of my shop, truck, trailer, etc.

i took the studs out of my 05 gade in 07 after i bent a bunch and outside 2 seasons on an ice cobra have put 30k miles on without them.  i took them out of my current freeride the weekend i took it home moreso because the previous owner didn't put front exchanger protectors in.