Check your account email address ×

wrenchin sleds !!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 not beginner lessons!!11

f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

right.....while it was spinning and you werent going forward as fast as you could have been 

the trails I ride it on  you would be heading back to the parking lot because the combine got stuck after the first turn 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

the trails I ride it on  you would be heading back to the parking lot because the combine got stuck after the first turn 

I dont know what this means 

3 hours ago, hayward said:

sweet jesus never seen a stud like that.  What the hell might they cost?

$1.09 each

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

They're basically free because they are essentially useless. :lol:

Let me know when you get close to 120,000 miles on a sled, then we can compare notes :news:

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$1.09 each

Let me know when you get close to 120,000 miles on a sled, then we can compare notes :news:

I'll be well over that by your age.....so not sure what we're discussing here

What a studding shit show this thread mixed up tonight.

Whew, I cant imagine riding without studs.  I took my last cat out with stock skis and no studs when I first got it.  I seriously don’t know if I’ve ever been closer to death on a sled....several times.  

Again...it all just depends how you ride.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Whew, I cant imagine riding without studs.  I took my last cat out with stock skis and no studs when I first got it.  I seriously don’t know if I’ve ever been closer to death on a sled....several times.  

I dont ride without studs........its just not anywhere near as fun. I want a track full of 1/2" penetration studs and 8" of carbide. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gotta ride with the cock ya got.  

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Are you serious?  No.

Absolutely, I've rode many sled miles with a stupid amount of nails in them and then I have rode a lot of miles with no studs, and a fair amount miles of miles with no studs, I prefer no studs but the screw in studs will give just the amount of traction you need to cross a 100 yard wide glazed ice river.

If your not racing what the hell need is there to dead hook a sled on a launch?

Listen I know you like to brag how you ride hard for 25 miles, I have more 300 miles days than I can count and a 411 and a 428,if you think that was all done at some leisurely pace well god bless you :thumbsup:

Endurance.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Absolutely, I've rode many sled miles with a stupid amount of nails in them and then I have rode a lot of miles with no studs, and a fair amount miles of miles with no studs, I prefer no studs but the screw in studs will give just the amount of traction you need to cross a 100 yard wide glazed ice river.

If your not racing what the hell need is there to dead hook a sled on a launch?

Listen I know you like to brag how you ride hard for 25 miles, I have more 300 miles days than I can count and a 411 and a 428,if you think that was all done at some leisurely pace well god bless you :thumbsup:

Endurance.

Like I said.....like all say, it just depends how you ride.  My iceripper with those built in studs did ok.  I saw the benefit of that type of track.  It just didn’t work for how I ride.

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's a blast, I ride with some very talented sledders, it's all about talent :bc:

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

It's a blast, I ride with some very talented sledders, it's all about talent :bc:

Yeah, I’ve heard that before....and ita true.  Talented riding is what it’s really all about.  I’m a pretty decent rider and can, and have ridden without studs.  But it limits how far you can push the machine.  It’s fun to slide around and goof off on a studless machine but, I prefer riding with control and speed.  Hell, my skis are CA XT’s with 10” inch bides.  I’m not sure a studless track would even push me through the corners with those fucking things.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I’ve heard that before....and ita true.  Talented riding is what it’s really all about.  I’m a pretty decent rider and can, and have ridden without studs.  But it limits how far you can push the machine.  It’s fun to slide around and goof off on a studless machine but, I prefer riding with control and speed.  Hell, my skis are CA XT’s with 10” inch bides.  I’m not sure a studless track would even push me through the corners with those fucking things.  :lol:

Your sled will turn, you won't.